May 03, 2024, 05:14:37 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67
961  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: New Rank Icons on: April 08, 2009, 06:30:41 AM
is it possibly to use "skulls" from DO as per olly sugegstion?

and then all newbies will have one scull already.

also 250 posts seems zomg too much Smiley
962  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 08, 2009, 06:21:36 AM
for your example with the bright wizard: you could use your 3rd bright wizard for 4 points or you use a Ice Mage+Mercenary Ogres

So the "weaker" units will used too and no multiusing of "perfect" units.

If you wanna have a better chance to get your prefered spell, why shouldn't you pay more for it?

the problem in your example that bright wizard not "perfect unit".
not at all.
i very hard to imagine that someone would EVER use even SECOND mage (im not talking about third). mages pretty useless at lvl1, i doubt they really cost 2pts for the first one. so having SECOND mage usually is not AN ADVANTAGE but its actually very bad idea, especially if it costs 3 points.

in our current rules about half of all regiment have the same cost for the second units, and using 2nd regiment for same prices usually an advantage. but using second mage for the same price but with less efficently (cause they share mana points) is kinda absurd. and its illogial to force ppl pay more for weaker things. ive never seen 2nd bright wizrard at games but i saw a lot of double regiments (x2 biguns, x2 ghouls etc etc) DO YOU SEE WHY?

And for example, if I wanna use BGK+horn should we allow it? I think that would be a nice tactic......
and its definately incorrect example, cause BGK+horn most probably imba, but second mage is not, and with current rules he is actually weaken army.
963  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 07, 2009, 06:52:34 PM
>>>avoid multiusing of regiments

so why u dont ban 3 zombies then? i just dont get it.
wtf if you think that 3 mages are imba crush me/some1 else, but im sure that its NOT.

so if its useless why not to allow people use it? cause its really opens up some tactics (for example increasing chance of screming scull spell of fire mage) and id use it but i cant afford 4 points for that. 3 possibly ok but not 4

wtfffff Sad i feel sick about it sirs
964  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 07, 2009, 05:59:07 PM
i still dont get idea of INCREASING second/third  mages in cost (actually i HATE it) but rest seems ok
especially decreasing of wraiths HAHAHAAAA
965  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 07, 2009, 01:17:05 PM
i think wraiths should be changed to 5/6/7 like mummies (or even 5/6/5)

wraith a VERY fragile and flee from ANY back attack. that means that even two regiments for 1 points (like goblins) may kill them. they also may flee from the unholy sword or horn so cost for this unit is too much in my opinion.
maybe for 3k/10 cost is rather okish, (6 points) cause therer is not very big number of regiments used, but at 5k/15 there is usually at least 6 regiments placed (or orc usually have 10 regiments).
966  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Goblin Campaign on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:48 PM
wait wait wait pls say me whereto find book of ashur. i finished DO so long time ago so i forget it.

asl o i noticed therre is no shield of ptoloss at brighted towers, is it correct?

and there is 2 banners of antimagic at goblin camp, right? (i missed one enemy regiment tho, anyway seems doesnt really much worth)
967  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:13 AM
nice nice, but waht about new maps and units? i like idea of 3-4 trolls pretty much (cause 1 obv very weak).

it would be so great to see new sprites and/or new maps (now is possible to change maps afaik). and is it right, that we cant change computer AI now? i mean is it fully scripted and we may only change armies?
968  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Goblin Campaign on: April 06, 2009, 06:21:59 AM
so i reached kislev yesterday at your campaing. and there is joined one bandit archer (guess he will eave after the battle) wtf is this unit?

you probably was just experimenting with this stats? i actually found this guy very useless. he possibly have BO maybe like 10 or so (firing very fast) but still rarely hit. maybe its need to increase regiment crowd to 4-5 at least..

and i found sceletons pretty weak. there was few battles i used them agaisnt another regiment (1v1) and after the battle i saw thier stats kill/dead as 3/17 or so (lol).

the main unit in my army at your campaing is shaman and rangars. my goblins still hvnt reached lvl2 cause they as useless as sceletons but also flees (and if i add banner to them they either die or kill 4-5 units as max anyway lol).  the most important thing at your campaing is a banner of lightings,  maybe this artifact cause my ragnars feed so fast..
969  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 03, 2009, 06:03:53 AM
i just mean that night goblins get little useless since you may hire two orc boyz regiment for the same price.

Orc Boyz  Level 1  1  1  2
Night Goblins  Level 1  1  1  1 
970  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 02, 2009, 08:44:36 PM
night goblins should be 1/0/1 or 1/1/0
971  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 01, 2009, 06:35:45 AM
ok tx for the input; my thoughts

GOOD ONES

- Flagellants: 3/3/4 - oki
- Dwarfs: 1/2/2 -oki
- Glade Guard: 3/3/4 - why? i never seen them any real good, and look for the stats:
- swordmen (1pts)
- glade
i think 2/2(3)/3(4) is oki

GREEN ONES

- Spider: 1/1/2 -oki
- Scorpion: 2/2/3 - oki
- Boar Riders: 2/3/3 - i actually dont think they any real better than biguns (see graphs) from otehr way they're litlle faster, so...dunno maybe ok maybe not
- Big'uns: 2/2/3 - oki just cause its orcs. maybe 2/3/3 is better? i mean these guys really strong one and they actually deserve /3/ for second regiment but other orcs regiment so weak so we make it /2/ as a compenastion?
- Orc Shaman: 2/2/3 - i dont agree. 2/2/2 as minimum or even 2/2/1. how will you use your shamans? i dont get it please eleborate. i actually want it to be 2/1/1/

DEAD ONES

- Skeleton Archers: 1/2/4 - cant comment i never used them (lol)
- Skeleton Warriors: 1/2/3 - i like it actually. maybe its better to make it 2/1/3? i mean they're stronger than ghouls cause they fearless, and most players buys ghouls just as a meat when you have "free" 1-2 points, and since skeletons better than ghouls (but not very much) we may prevent it by 2/1/3
- Skeleton Horsemen: 2/4/4 - dunno, these horsemen really weak in the battle but from other way they cause fear pretty much and fast cavalry... 2/4/4 i actually like it, cause i rarely use ud cavalry for 3 points - too expensive
- Black Grial: still testing and experimenting - maybe 9? or even 8? just dont sure that grail now able to kill 5 regiments alone (if they attack grail coordinated). but if grail has some artifact its getting way stronger... tough question.

972  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Hamachi on: March 31, 2009, 01:25:32 PM
1 guy from Russia has following network issue:

1) he able to connect our channel at ahamachi nad his status is "green"
2) he able to see games and join/host
3) he has latest map pack
4) ><><>< im not sure he has english version of do (please PM me a link where to dl it?)
5) when we start game it freezes on window Preparing to the battle. looking for opponent.
6) he switched off antivirus and firewall
7) he is angry
973  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Balancing units and rules (5/15 and so on) on: March 31, 2009, 01:16:01 PM
ok i suggest to put your thoughts about whole balance there
the latest rules link i have is http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Rules/5000/15

my suggestions:

- for empire/orcs artilerry
decrease in cost of artillery for third unit. it should go 4/4/3 if you are against it please play against me with 3 mortairs/lobbers (which will cost you 13points and 1 point for regiment) 

- for necro artillery:
Screaming Skull Catapult  Level 1  3  4  4 
i think it should be changed to 3/3/3 cause they're REALLY SLOW in shooting and really NON ACURATE at shooting.

- for elven archers:
you might say that cause of my logic we should decrease elves to 4/4/3 but 4/5/6 really better cause elves may:
1)move
2)fight not so bad in close battles
3)come back after retreat

- for troll
i see that it chanegd for 2pts in about december but i dont see any reason why. i think even zombies may kill him?

974  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Contest 5k/15 Empire: death from the sky on: March 31, 2009, 01:01:59 PM
oki, just trying to make it more popular Smiley

there is my (modifed after tourney-end balances, originally i had swordmen instead of mage artifact but bemb increased mortairts in cost for 1 pts) armybuild i used at march tounrney
4pts
4pts
2pts
2pts
2pts
1pts

ok, so its rather balanced army and i even won black grail playing it in multiplayer means that its flexibale army. from other way i just lost it agaisnt flak's hordes yesterday when he had toons of orcs but it might be due of fact i palced mortairs at diffirient places and a bit failed with micro (and mortairs missed few very important shots).

so basically u'll need to have a good micro and use mortairs properly to destroy these slow units, while your fast ogres blocks some too fast enemy regiments. if mage will get fire scull then you're really dominating, and another spells wouldnt be too useless as well.  mage gives you advantage agaisnt wraiths and agaisnt non-fear troops.

UPD: i found that swordmen (now?) cost 1pts which allow you to use sowrdmen instead of mage. from other way, scull really worth more than 1pts and if yo get it you may 'save up" more than 3 pts as minimum

975  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Goblin Campaign on: March 31, 2009, 12:37:54 PM
btw you made very hard campaing sir!

Tupi Nose's goblin warriors do become rather hardcore by the end, i tend to rely more on them than i did on the cavalry
oh wow. actually i lost these regiment at Empire map (where you may see wights with banner) and was too lazy to re-play it. guess i need to load this game?

i actually felt bad when i got human cavalry in my goblin troop and dont like skeletons in my army as well! they're so weak, lol.
will play it anyway, though!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67