May 03, 2024, 06:46:56 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament September 2010  (Read 36173 times)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 02:52:59 AM »

confirm

Same.
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 05:03:32 PM »

Same.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 05:16:45 PM »

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »

Confirm BP.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 06:17:56 AM »

Same.

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »

same

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 11:58:49 PM »

i guess that "same" :$

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 03:45:40 AM »

BP latest vesion: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3c968be733kw6nf/bpro05.49.zip

Again whilst not mandatory try playing different races vs each other.  I think Flaks away so either me Ghabry or Olly will be hosting.

I've made it so there's no racial bias (elves no long hate greenskins, gobbos no longer fear elves etc) so you are allowed to change your armies mid tornament as long as it doesnt slow things down. 

I may change it to 6 games (hu vs ud, hu vs green, green vs hu, green vs ud, ud vs hu, ud vs green) but it depends on time, we'll see how fast things run assume 3 games to begin.  I'll sort something out if Flak doesnt do a shuffle. 

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »

WK asked me to remind people - you need 2 hellgates.  to generate mana cast ice shards from one to another, 1 cast should fill your mana bar.  

If your units disappear rotate your camera, it happens v.rarely wjhen theres alot going on in game (general issue with DO not my mod)

The only rule for the mod is you have to stop teleporting with the void demon once the hellgates go down.

Dont forget to press modify dark omen!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:17:12 PM by Darkmancer » Logged

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2010, 01:20:58 AM »

Okay that was a bit more painful than expected.  Annoyingly everything ran perfectly against olly whilst during the tournament alsort cropped up Sad

Anyway i've put aload of changes into the mod to reduce the strain on the poor old DO engine.

1.  Removed spiders - these were crashing due to unknown reason they will return once I BP manages to become fully stable.  This also means Greenskins no longer need to load ice magic.  I've removed Burnhardt for item removal as well.

2. Troop reductions - Many regiments have had small numbers of troops removed.  Eg gobos 24 ->20 orcs 18 ->16, raise the dead 18 ->16.

3. Knights have had spells removed. Elven mage lost WOJ & magic sword - massive price reduction as compensation.

4. Removed BOW from lightning tank, increase number of attacks as compensation.

5. Orcs (exept big unz & the new war boss)  have had ere we go + WOJ removed (yes I know boooooo).

6. Less units have access to raise the dead spell.

-------

Some maps seem to have issues with deploying the full orc side,  to get around this, added a new regiment Orc Warbozz, so no sacraficial units are needed for orcs now.  Unfortunatly this means you must have at least 1 warbozz in your side.

-----
Unfortunatly all this means i need to go though another round of balancing - Sad

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 10:01:06 AM »

Sorry that i dont played yesterday Sad my net phailed so much yesterday.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »

Overall I liked this Mod. It's very challenging for experienced players, but too difficult for begginers due to constant use of arrows/magic/+10 regiments. I guess everyone agrees with my opinion.

As for balance:

1) Empire Legionaries should cost less than Musketeers. At same price I prefer Ranged Units.

2) Make sure all Fanatics upgrades cost the SAME. I noticed that Goblins ranged+fanatics cost +225 gold, while Orc warriors+fanatic cost +150 gold (Conclusion: for having fanatics better buy Orc warriors). Make all +150 if +F.
1 more tweak: Goblin Shaman more expensive, from 225 to 450 basic (so will cost 600 if +fanatics, keep +WOJ).

3) Make "Raise the Dead" Spell give 50% of zombies (in relation with REAL zombies regiment).
So if Zombies are 28 >> spell gives 14; if zombies are 24 >> spell gives 12 (your new head numbers set).
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:05:40 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2010, 12:26:43 PM »

I like this mod, even thou there was couple of bugs yesterday that left a bad taste ;] Like crashes in mid games and stuck in fight scorpion vs tank (which lasted solid 5 minutes till me and jeronimo decided to do battle again to have same situation once again Tongue)

As for changes in mod, i wouldnt reduce number of regiments with raise of the dead but make weaker those zombies, mainly in LD, remove unbreakability and give LD 10 or 9 that should balance it a bit, and keep UD more on his toes rather than safely pinning down key regiments of enemy

Also dont remove spider, just try to fix it ;] maybe 1/1 or diffrent unit type would help
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2010, 11:36:28 PM »

for units like spiders maybe put monster or ogre type maybe? :S

i like a couples of things of your modd, the  hellgate system was cool, i will use that thing to make some funny game with dark omen engine Cheesy

and yeah , it looks like make a new round of balancing

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 07:39:12 AM »

as i stated before i dont like this mod too much cause it seem to be boring, cause everyone will use almost identical army for each race, with small exception of Humans (where is actually no big diffirience between knights either).

or perhaps i got little bit bored of DO and its bugs, it really cut motivation a lot.
for the next tourney i suggest some old fashion ruleset like 5/15 or 3/10

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: