April 27, 2024, 02:04:20 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0  (Read 67903 times)
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »

DO Tournament june 2010 vs darkmancer (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs darkmancer II (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs flak (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs flak II (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs olly (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs olly (tie break)DQ | by Aeva

had some issues with uploading to youtube, canceled couple of vids just before 100% so from me only group phase for now

btw Jeronimo whats up with those wierd banners ? oh and i must say i hate when they scream "chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" hehe
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2010, 11:38:57 PM »

btw Jeronimo whats up with those wierd banners ? oh and i must say i hate when they scream "chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" hehe

There are 2 banners from DO7 (KOTR and BGK replaced).

And if you see the battle "Jeronimo vs Itlerion" UD vs UD, you will of course end hating fake charges. Smiley
My bro knows how I play so he does similar in order to not stay back (there is an explanation behind this).

I forgot the fact my voice was recorded during battles. Oops Smiley (anyway I almost said nothing).

Dark Omen Tournament June 2010 - Jeronimo vs Wkurwiony (Finals) 1ºDQ | by Aeva

Dark Omen Tournament June 2010 - Jeronimo vs Wkurwiony (Finals) 3ºDQ | by Aeva

- I finally made my homework! Any admin move videos to correct section please.

@Wkur: I'm eager to see your battles vs my brother.. to enjoy you know Wink
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:18:39 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »

DO Tournament june 2010 vs olly II (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs itlerion (semi)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs itlerion II (semi)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs itlerion III (semi)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs jeronimo (final)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs jeronimo II (final)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs jeronimo III (final)DQ | by Aeva

ok finally all vids uploaded enjoy the chaos Wink
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »

good to know we have x2 2 place tournaments, and one of them its me again!
Haha, for wining i dont even need to actually win!

(ill upload some my videos vs jero & Itlerion soon) some of them was quite fun). if some1 could link me comrpessor for original Fraps videos i ill be happy.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2010, 09:34:48 AM »

just type avidemux 2.5.3 in google and check ghabry thread on settigns for youtube ;]
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »

Its a surprise that Alavet did record some battles!

Dont know the other guys thoughts, but I see a different Alavet nowadays...

Mmh... he has changed for some reasons Smiley
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:59 PM »

Besides the horn, anyone see any overachieving/underachieving units?

Best ones I saw were iter trolls, proceeding to wipe out 1 ghoul, 1 BGK, 1 catapult and 1 skeleton archers for the lost of a single troll 0.o

Worst afformentioned skel archers who fired 3/4 volleys of arrows into those trolls an proceeded to do sweet f/a.  Close second skele catapults who mangged to do nothing much of use as per :/

Balance wise:
The horn proves impossible to balance as usual, the results of taking it into battle makes any stratagy a farce, if you insist on allowing it can you please reduce anti-magic items as a counter plz.

Mages seem over expensive, Its hard to get 2k worth out of them.  BTW you can have them only have the 3 spells you set for them without the automatic random spells.

Black Orcs are a must have unit, Orcs could do with another fear immune/unbreakable unit for choice.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »

yeah horn is a little tricky ;] it would be best if it only recovered friendly units but dont think it can be changed, other thing to balance him would be giving him particle effect just like BoD, as the most annoying thing about it imo is not its effect but fact that i dont know which unit is carrying it..

ill also say that in 9k format i think that we shouldnt play small maps (the empire), they just dont give you field to operate all those units and it ends up with quick clash and dice roll between melee units

as for other units i found wraiths underperforming for their price, 6/6 for 900+gc and elite, im thinking about some drastic reduction in costs to something like 600 but still elite

as for maybe treeman and bone giant, and yes definitly all mages by something like 200-300 and reduction in anti magic items

and guys, how does that elite system worked for you ? you enjoyd it ? not ?
also for other gold coin system im thinking 3k 1 elite in total, 1 elite max / 5k 2 elite in total, 1 elite max / 7k 3 elite in total, 2 elite max / 9k 4 elite in total, 2 elite max
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »

I'd prefer a few more units for them to make them less skitty.

Wights - Possible make a large unit of them but make them unable to hold any items.  Or have allow people to buy a small unit of them really cheaply.  At the moment all you can do is buy a BOD for them for a long lasting rubbish unit.

Elite system seemed fine.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »

and guys, how does that elite system worked for you ? you enjoyd it ? not ?
also for other gold coin system im thinking 3k 1 elite in total, 1 elite max / 5k 2 elite in total, 1 elite max / 7k 3 elite in total, 2 elite max / 9k 4 elite in total, 2 elite max

Thumbs up!

Concerning to "balance issues": I felt dissapointed with dwarves performance in general...
21 dwarves do less in battlefield than a pack of 10 zombies... IT just that MOV 3 is sooo annyoing.. you see videos (my dwarves HU,,) my brother also said "Look Jero, they walk as if they had MOV 2"   >>>   really pitiful.

Spider riders: I hate they have so much movement.. It made my trolls look that "Dwarves Monsters" (slowness)
Didnt we have dozens of topics before due to Vampire MOV 6 speed, "he is too imba, bla bla bla"
Something similar happens with Spiders.. they simply charge with terror from very far and rout you a regiment (Skeleton horsemen style, but even worse, terror instead of fear).

Dwarves cost to aprox 400 (420?), Spiders MOV to 7 (keep unimpeded by diff terrain).

Items:
1)Horn of Urgok cost to 2000, its very useless vs UD. Too damn expensive at 3950.
2)Swords cheaper, overall -150gc (distinct better between swords.. they dont performance similar)
3)Ptolos to 300gc, archers wont attack reg with ptolos, and even if they do.. Ptolos will fail Tongue
4)Banners cheaper maybe -100gc , except defiance.
5)Ench Shield at 125, Dragonhelm at 125, PoS at 175, HoW at 225,  (accomodate with your numbers, but understand the relationships between those Items.. how imo should be positioned in performance scale).
5)The commentary about Horn of Urgok is joke, its ok.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:26:29 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2010, 09:37:19 AM »

agree with Jeronimo suggestions. Also perhars decrease BS for mortairs or increasde them in cost:D

How to 175
dragonhelm to 75

for biger maps: then ban mortairs and perhars elven archers. these units could be hugely disbalanced on some maps, (most of big maps, and on soem of them its awesomly disbalabnced. example hand of nagash map or trolls land, + many others i dont rememb right now)

Hou definately need some visual effect + some increase in cost for good 300-400gc..

no idea how to help poor wraights, they simply suck (in one of out test we performed 8 standard infantry vs 8 wraights, and if wraights didnt charged first they lost all the time).

i prefer increasing their WS / STR, make them smaller in numbers, and not die if retreating. then we could keep a cost and be somewhat similar in effectiveness to flagellants (as they almsot same in cost)

wraiths - well yes, for 900 they cost too much, make it 5 units and smaller in cost maybe.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:23 PM »

If there are 3 Trolls/Ogres, 7 Mummies, 9 BGK, 14 Wights
Wraiths should be 5/5 in my opinion (best aprox inserted between 3 & 7). Odd Number Scale.

My suggestion for 5/5 Wraiths = 690gc >> Exactly like 14/14 glade polearm elfs. Anyone disagree? I dont Smiley
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »

If there are 3 Trolls/Ogres, 7 Mummies, 9 BGK, 14 Wights
Wraiths should be 5/5 in my opinion (best aprox inserted between 3 & 7). Odd Number Scale.

My suggestion for 5/5 Wraiths = 690gc >> Exactly like 14/14 glade polearm elfs. Anyone disagree? I dont Smiley

as of now i got them at 7/7 and 630
wraiths at 18/18 but im thinkig more of a 21/21 with no item slots
all lvl 2 units reduced from 1.5 of base price to 1.3
skeleton archers to 21/21 and 450->480
bone giant to 855

and about mages you guys thing they should be above 1k or below ?
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2010, 01:47:54 PM »

with current spells they have 1,3k is a minimum they deserve. soemtiems they deserve more imo.

Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »

other view on the final battle :]

http://youtubedoubler.com/MpwP
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: