April 28, 2024, 07:42:08 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament February  (Read 50450 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »

LvL 2 mage+Book of Ashur+Wand of Jet? How do you wanna stop them? If you allow lvl2 mages you have to push other units too. And then we have to recreate the whole rules within 8 days with testing etc. Sounds not as good for me

//200 post

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »

no i spose then they can have 2 items and 5 spells, nevermind bembelimen

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 05:42:12 AM »

LvL 2 mage+Book of Ashur+Wand of Jet? How do you wanna stop them?
As always. I'm gonna impale them with my crossbow ! Ah  Grin

See you, space scorpion !
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 09:49:57 PM »

Crossbows are no problem for a mage (the change for teleport is quite high with Ashur and LV2)
And I'm also against LV2 mages. What about a LV2 Vampire with Zombie Cast Spell... Then you always have to buy a Horn of Urgok :/ (3 Points!). But imo the zombies are then the smallest problem Wink

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »

We added an additional regiment restriction (only 3 equal regiments are allowed). See the first message for more informations

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2009, 12:03:27 AM »

What was the problem with 4+ same regiment?
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2009, 01:01:29 AM »

Agreed, it should be ok with a greenskin army of only ork boys f.i, but we should have some restriction against certain unit types, like only three archer units or something.

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 02:27:53 AM »

After selecting my new Greenskin Army for 5000/15 when i found myself picking 4 Orc biguns as they

were the natural choice to have and kind of made me not want to select any of the lesser used units

that would actually increase Tactics and Gameplay etc..

So its good that now I may have to Purchase a Spider/Boar or Orc Boyz with an Item.

The 3 Archer Rule is another Welcomed Rule,

Smiley

Anything to avoid Spamming of Units!

Smiley

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:12:42 AM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Daviwolfy
Night Goblin

Why to buy one when you can buy two for double?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »

Hi all Smiley.

(Sorry if my English is really poor :S).

I think this is a good change. It make the new games more strategy than later.

And i propose a new change.
It is about powerfull items like Horn or Lighting Banner.
I think this items counter the real strategy experience in the game.
For example, 2 calvary unit with this can move arround all the map but without fight and win the game perfectly.
Well, only is a propuse Smiley.

Thanks for all friends Wink

Good Bye.

Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2009, 12:08:20 PM »

I disagree, I really think there's no problem to make an army with 5 times the same regiment. For all tactics, their are counter measures.
Davi, you talk about 2 cavalries with Horn/Banner of Wrath.
If your cavalry run near me, using his banner... I can touch it with my infantry with the same banner! And my infantry is cheaper than your cavalry, so i can have more troups, and can lose more men than you. There's the same thing for the Horn.

Some said that an archery army is very difficult to kill. Otherwise, Ptolos is a useful item, and, if i charge your bowmen/crossbowmen with the same number of infantry troops, I'm sure I will lost at least one troop. But the other will engage bowmen, and the fight will be very easy for contact troops.

Some said that Shaman/Necro/Wizards are deadly units. Nevertheless, " an arrow can end your wizard's life". Arcan banner, Spelleater Shield and Dragon Helm can dodge the wizards threat. And i don't talk about Mork banner or artillery.

Too many infantery soldiers can't win versus a Pistoliers troop if they don't got any magic item, like ptolos or, better, Arcana banner.

On Olly's picture, we can see many halbarder, but I guess they will die because of the archers and shaman.

To conclude, I think that making a clone army is a bad idea, because it's not a versatile army. Perhaps powerfull, but if your opponent have a threat you can't manage, you are dead.
Daviwolfy
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

> Davi, you talk about 2 cavalries with Horn/Banner of Wrath.
> If your cavalry run near me, using his banner... I can touch it with my infantry with the same banner! And my infantry is > cheaper than your cavalry, so i can have more troups, and can lose more men than you. There's the same thing for the > Horn.

Well, i think that all armies need to use items like Banner of Wrath and Horn to be competitive.

You say that is you have infantery with the same banner you win...and i think it is correct, but because you use the banner too. If you don't use it, my 2 cavalry units (pistoliers for example) with this banners are a powerful combination without strategy to win a game.

Conclusion: If all armies needs anything to be competitive then all armies will be competitive too if we forbide this items and use this resources (money) to buy real strategical units.

But only is my opinion Smiley

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2009, 03:05:42 PM »

Conclusion: If all armies needs anything to be competitive then all armies will be competitive too if we forbide this items and use this resources (money) to buy real strategical units.

I agree with this assessment. After being convinced by Olly I also have changed my mind regarding three-of-a-kind. I think this should hold for any unit type, as well as archers, so you should only be allowed three archers, and no more than three identical units.

Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2009, 11:04:27 PM »

I don't see why we should put a limit to the "archer units".
I lost some battles with my crossbow, and I don't see what is unfair in an army of 2x arrez boys and 2x goblins archers.

See you, space scorpion !
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »

only 3 of any unit is a challenge, so let us give it a go. If we discover that it makes the quality of the game poor then we can change it for next time

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Daviwolfy
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2009, 12:45:27 PM »

Hi all.

About the rule of "Not more 3 Archers and no more 3 equals", i think the tournament will be a great form to demostrate if the rules are good.

Respect the tournament Sad....Olly, finally i think i will no can play the tournament...because i will celebrate my birthday this satursday afternon.

I don`t want to disturb anyone, but is it possible to play the tournament on another hour or day?
I can Sunday (all the day), and Satursday moorning or satursday before 4 p.m. GMT +0.

Well, thanks for all Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: