May 03, 2024, 12:57:47 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help with 3D issues on IBM T41  (Read 1957 times)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2023, 09:27:33 AM »

Yeah ATi was always worse than NVIDIA, I had the same with Operation Flashpoint on a 256mb Radeon and had to swap to NVIDIA Geforce and never used them again.
You should be able to find a cheap Win98 setup with NVIDIA card.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
pentiumMMX
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2023, 08:45:33 PM »

Found my earlier account lol still trying to work this out. Olly, any ideas??
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2023, 10:03:31 PM »

I reckon it will require hooking up the laptop to an old CRT monitor that is capable of 100mhz refresh rate but no guarantee. Will continue thinking of other potential solutions.

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
pentiumMMX
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2023, 10:27:23 PM »

I don't have anything like it to use and tbh i wanted it as an all in one unit hence buying a laptop.

It sucks because the frame rate is so smooth and its all moving like butter, its the smoothest i've seen dark omen run. But this flicker issue is killing me.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2023, 12:45:18 PM »

Could you try different refresh rates set on the ATi control panel and win98 display settings, although might be fixed at 60 Hertz but try 50 or 75 and maybe 100 if possible.

pentiumMMX
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2023, 07:12:09 PM »

I can't see any option to change it. Only thing i see is:

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2023, 08:43:18 PM »

Can you change adapter to the integrated Intel graphics card perhaps on your screen shot or uninstall/disable the ati

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2023, 08:50:18 PM »

Could also try something crazy like using our mod pack Engrel.exe and .dlls

pentiumMMX
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2023, 09:19:21 PM »

It's an old thinkpad, there is no intel graphics just a dedicated ATI GPU

I'm thinking it's drivers just being crap with older games and sadly Dark Omen just will refuse to run on it. So annoying.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2023, 12:38:44 AM »

How did you get on testing each troubleshooting selection and applying the patch to your ATi, as maybe last hope. Such as ticking force 3d and then pressing ok and applying the patch to your card. Then unpatch and tick another selection like single scene etc. Also try ticking both the no 3dfx and mmx options.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 01:00:43 AM by olly » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: