May 18, 2024, 07:32:36 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
91  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 13, 2010, 08:15:38 PM
yeah horn is a little tricky ;] it would be best if it only recovered friendly units but dont think it can be changed, other thing to balance him would be giving him particle effect just like BoD, as the most annoying thing about it imo is not its effect but fact that i dont know which unit is carrying it..

ill also say that in 9k format i think that we shouldnt play small maps (the empire), they just dont give you field to operate all those units and it ends up with quick clash and dice roll between melee units

as for other units i found wraiths underperforming for their price, 6/6 for 900+gc and elite, im thinking about some drastic reduction in costs to something like 600 but still elite

as for maybe treeman and bone giant, and yes definitly all mages by something like 200-300 and reduction in anti magic items

and guys, how does that elite system worked for you ? you enjoyd it ? not ?
also for other gold coin system im thinking 3k 1 elite in total, 1 elite max / 5k 2 elite in total, 1 elite max / 7k 3 elite in total, 2 elite max / 9k 4 elite in total, 2 elite max
92  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 13, 2010, 09:34:48 AM
just type avidemux 2.5.3 in google and check ghabry thread on settigns for youtube ;]
93  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Balance by restriction (RESTRICT) on: July 13, 2010, 09:31:49 AM
alavet DO isnt a "standard middle age battle" Tongue you got mages monsters magic items etc you really want game with only melee and archers ? Sad

i think that what we need is to play on a really big maps as playing 9k on maps like empire makes it very chaotic and i can agree with you that on those maps mortars that have almost whole map in their range from start are a bit too powerfull

btw maybe you play M2TW ? :]
94  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 12, 2010, 10:19:14 PM
DO Tournament june 2010 vs olly II (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs itlerion (semi)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs itlerion II (semi)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs itlerion III (semi)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs jeronimo (final)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs jeronimo II (final)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs jeronimo III (final)DQ | by Aeva

ok finally all vids uploaded enjoy the chaos Wink
95  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 11, 2010, 10:51:02 PM
DO Tournament june 2010 vs darkmancer (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs darkmancer II (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs flak (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs flak II (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs olly (group)DQ | by Aeva

DO Tournament june 2010 vs olly (tie break)DQ | by Aeva

had some issues with uploading to youtube, canceled couple of vids just before 100% so from me only group phase for now

btw Jeronimo whats up with those wierd banners ? oh and i must say i hate when they scream "chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" hehe
96  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 11, 2010, 12:13:59 PM
hey guys if you will be posting in armybuilt thread here are missing banners, you will have to change it manually graphic file and name of unit ;]

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4955/bonegiant.png

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3690/daimmortalz.png

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5526/spiderriders.png

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/539/lichepriest.png

P.S. yes alavet ive uploaded my "bashing armies" Wink
97  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Re: June Tournament 2010 9k New Balance - Empire Armies on: July 11, 2010, 11:39:29 AM
after game i didnt meant that your armybuilt is lame, at start you said  to me not to play lame and as the game ended very close i said that it wasnt lame after all ;]

you know i think rulesets are there to prevent any kind of lameness, so that player dont have to think about what not to use what buy what not to do.. i just want to make an armybuilt and dont think about anything else during game than how to win

and ice mage wasnt that uber ;] snow blizzard didnt prevent horn from use
98  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / June Tournament 2010 9k New Balance - Undead Armies on: July 11, 2010, 11:27:40 AM
Wraiths
Wraiths
Black Grail (+1 armor)
Black Grail
Ghoul
Ghoul
Ghoul
Wights

Well its a bad armybuilt Ive lost more games with it that I won. Before tournament I've made 2 armybuilts one normal and one reserve and in last minutes before first fights I for some reason fought this should be my main UD army :} I would definitly dumb it if not the fact that i felt my empire army is even more bad

missing banners, you will have to change it manually graphic file and name of unit ;]

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4955/bonegiant.png

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/539/lichepriest.png

99  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / June Tournament 2010 9k New Balance - Greenskins Armies on: July 11, 2010, 11:13:29 AM
Spider Riders
Orc Rock Lobber (+1 armor)
Da Immortalz
Da Immortalz
Orc Big'uns (lvl2)
Orc Arrer Boyz
Orc Arrer Boyz
Orc Arrer Boyz
Orc Boar Boyz (lvl2)
Troll

This army felt solid it won most of the fights lost with it only to LordBraprus when I placed my army badly and was a bit distracted at least that is my excuse ;]
I tried to leave bigguns for the end saving them from melee as long as i could and try eliminate enemy arty ranged and mages.
Mork banner was a bit of a waste of money to be honest, they would propably do better with some kind of a sword

missing banners, you will have to change it manually graphic file and name of unit ;]

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3690/daimmortalz.png

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5526/spiderriders.png

100  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / June Tournament 2010 9k New Balance - Empire Armies on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:35 AM
Flagellants
Flagellants
Imperial Mortar (+1 armor)
Imperial Mortar (+1 armor)
Imperial Cannon (+1 armor)
Imperial Cannon (+1 armor)
Helmgart Bowmen
Helmgart Bowmen
Helmgart Bowmen
Wood Elf Glade Guards (lvl2 +1 armor)

This is empire army i used in group stage, heavily defensive as you may see. I wanted to do something similiar to my favorite army build of greenskins but forgot that mobiles artillery that have status "archers" run like hell when it is being charged.. Static arty pieces stand ground much longer duuh ;] Didnt liked it and after group stage i knew that from all 3 races this one is the weakest and it must be changed.
So i used my limit of 1 reserve armybuilt (great rule btw :]) and played this one that was also created before tourney but felt more solid

Imperial Mortar
Imperial Mortar
Vladimir Stormbringer
Outlaw Pistoliers
Knights Of The Realm
Knights Of The Realm
Wood Elf Glade Guards (lvl 2)
Wood Elf Glade Guards
Grudgebringer Cavalry
Countess' Guard

This army happened to play against both of the Argentinian brothers that used Horn ;] And it just so happened that both of their armies were defeated, but in very close games hehe. Wish i played this army from beggining
Fun fact : snow blizzard dont prevent regiment from using Horn ;]
101  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 10, 2010, 09:47:40 AM
oh btw very important thing at least for me ;] how many armies flak ? 1 per race ?
102  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / New Balance 9k on: July 09, 2010, 10:50:08 PM
New Balance

What i wanted to achive with this mod, is that every and each unit in DO should have his own place on the battlefield. That the game should be about using proper counters at right time, executing your tactics, destroying plans of your enemy.

Changes in mod compared to vanilla game :

1. New unit - Da Immortulz aka Black Orcs (4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 8 armor 2/3) for greenskins : unbreakable unit that balances horn and bgk, of course very usefull units in killing rate similiar to flagellants

2. New unit - Bone Giant (6 3 0 6 5 6 1 4 8 armor 4/4) for undead: he will never rout and will pour terror into hearts of his foes, althou hes killing rate isnt great

3. New unit - Spider Riders (10 2 3 3 3 1 2 2 6 armor 3/3) for greenskins: fast cavalry for greenskins, they have terror, unimpeted by terrain, fear of elfs. attack 2 represnt poisonous attack of spiders that they ride, terror comes from spiders as well [note: i couldnt call them properly Forest goblin spider riders due to game restrictions, note2: sprite of a unit made by Grend]

4. New unit - Liche ( 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 9 armor 0/0 ) for undead: mage that took place of fast vampire and all balancing problems that came with his speed

5. Mobile Artillery : all artillery pieces will have movement 2, thanks to this we will be able to play on large maps, whitout worrying who should rush if both players got artilleries

6. Added missing abilities of regiments : causing fear to ogres, immunity to fear to zombies etc

7. Mages dont have item slots instead they got permanent spells (way to reduce teleport hit and run) :
- bright mage : conflagnation of doom, fire storm, burning head
- ice mage : chill blast, hawks of miska, blizzard snow
- orc shaman : da krunch, ere we go
- goblin shaman : fists of mork, save uz mork
- necromancer : death spasm, rising death, soul drain
- liche : blade wind, arn black horror, soul drain

8. Diffrent sizes of regiments - infantry got small normal and large regiments, cavalry got small and normal

- Small cavaleries : each race got a 3/3 cav type, very usefull in scouting, pursuing enemy, chasing mages, attacking unprotected artilleries

9. Most items prices are changed

10. Rules including "Elite unit type" !!

Basicly you can have only 3 same units type in your army, when it comes to "Elite unit type" you can have only 2 same elite units types and a combination of 4 elite units types in army

Example 1 - Flagellants, Flagellants, Mortar, Bright mage, rest army composed of non elite units
Example 2 - Mortar, Mortar, Pistolers, Pistolers, rest army composed of non elite units
Example 3 - Ice mage, Mortar, Flagellants, Elf archers, rest army composed of non elite units

Elite units are :

Empire : Flagellants, Pistolers, Mercenary Crossbowmen, Elf archers, Mortar, Bright mage, Ice mage
Greenskins : Da Immortulz(black orcs), Spider Riders, Rock Lobber, Orc Shaman, Goblin Shaman
Undead : Black Grail Knights, Wraiths, Mummies, Necromancer, Liche

in armybook you will have text "Elite unit" under the picture of the leader of such regiment so that you dont have to remember which are elite and which arent
this prevents spamming armies with best units and makes you think more about armybuilt and not just pick best units that always do good Wink

DOWNLOAD LINK

ok flak as you wanted if you will be making it a sticky please remove "new balance revamped" and delete this secret message thx Wink
103  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:02 PM
well i can make a new topic or extend "new balance revamped" thread choose hehe

wish i have the power to modify my posts would keep it everything clean than Smiley
104  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 09, 2010, 09:42:11 PM
ah quicker than your thoughts Flak Smiley
105  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 Version 2.0 on: July 09, 2010, 09:36:10 PM
ok totally piss off for several reason but the related to this topic is that i'm out because:

-i have a meeting tomorrow and it seems that i will not be in time enough to play like i tough;
- the Hamachi throw me an error and i'm still configurating the new one that i downloaded, so i must test the connections before the tourny and i have no time;
- the rulesets topics are totally chaotic, a row of nonsense replys that end in a death halley if you are looking for a file or a post that resume what the ruleset is about. Why have you abandon the Wiki format for this kind of things? i don't know how we can expect to added new players for the tournaments in this way;
- Why we have to waste a tourny with new still unfinished rulesets? Why don't we make a date to meet and play this projects, like a Playtest Battlefield day? there is a topic related to this made by a member around there, i will search for it.

- damn its too bad you cant play tommorow Sad if you have time now we can play ;]
- maybe your using gameranger ? as some of us is using it now more than hamachi
- topics about rulesets are chaotic as on this forum you cant edit your posts so you cant make changes to first post, also we werent allowed to put moddified files that included engrel.exe file due to copyright reasons. now server is in Sweden so i guess we can
- as a creator of New Balance i can say its finnished it was doing good last tourney (January) but than it lack one rule that would keep people from some spams, now that it have it in my opinion is a well balanced mod

and here is a link to New Balance i think we can post those now :
http://rapidshare.com/files/406004076/New_Balance_v2.4.rar

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19