May 02, 2024, 09:53:55 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
16  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 19, 2009, 01:08:06 PM
And by the way, do we each create a human,greenskin,undead army and randomly determine which to use in each battle, like in other tournaments?

I suppose we use the maps listed in the FO doc. file.

Mr Shadow.
17  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: FAIR OMEN (After 1º Tournament) on: December 19, 2009, 01:02:21 PM
I have the same problem with Ghabry´s patch, that's to say that I get the message that Engrel.exe can't be found.

What is the solution?

Mr Shadow.
18  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 19, 2009, 12:01:57 AM
I vote for 7k, as well.

And I have already confirmed, as seen above  Smiley

Mr Shadow.
19  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 18, 2009, 10:35:01 AM
I confirm!

See you on the Battlefield.
Mr Shadow.
20  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Attacking/Defending Helmgart on: December 13, 2009, 09:50:23 PM
Nice!
Never noticed that before, then again, that can come from the fact that I have never played that particular map from the defending side a great number of times.
After all, defending Bogenhafen is so much fun in the campaign, not to mention the first ever map I played in Dark Omen (The demo if you remember  Grin )

I think that damage was made by the Necromancer when he assaulted the keep.
Or the troops defending it did it themselves!
(Captain: -The Keep is lost, Master Engineer Klaus, set the fusion reactor to overload, they shan't take us alive!)

Mr Shadow.
21  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Project: High Elf Singleplayer Campaign. on: December 11, 2009, 12:42:45 AM
Thanks guys!
This is turning out to be more fun than I even imagined it would be.   Grin
I have an extensive (and somewhat fanatical) knowledge of Warhammer rules as well as the High Elf Army Book for the, what, sixth edition? to lean upon, Warhammerfreak. So i'll be quite fine, and as you can guess, we are two of a kind.
It would be nice to get your opinion about what differs from the version I have and the latest, exept for the dreadful ASF-rule of course  Tongue

Down to business:
I have here a couple of pictures showing what i'm up to. It's the preliminary work for a High Elf Mage Lord.

As you can see, it's a simple colour swap from the Icemage with a few details added, for now that is!

Watch this space.
Mr Shadow
22  Modifications / Campaigns / Project: High Elf Singleplayer Campaign. on: December 10, 2009, 11:23:52 AM
Greetings Dark Omen Forum!

I have recently started re-making the Dark Omen single-player campaign from the High Elf point of view,
and it's time I notified the forum about it.
I will be posting updates here when available, with pictures and stuff (not just fancy words)

The reason for this is that I wanted to make a campaign the way I would like it to be, but there is already a Mercenary story, a Wood elf, Goblin, Dwarf, and as far as I can tell a Brigand/Empire campaign in the making.
In addition I wanted the new story to fit (somewhat painlessly) with the original campaign. That´s when it hit me;
BlimeyIcandoaHighelftwisttoitdammit!
Normally, in the regular Warhammer world, I consider the High Elves to be a bunch of poncy gitz, and have a great deal more enthusiasm for the murderous Dark Elves.
However, in Dark Omen things are different, as I not only get to make a campaign to my liking, but also have the great pleasure of accually visualizing the High Elves with new Sprites and Banners!
And you'll have to agree, that´s just down right dirty fun!  Grin

So far I have done all the Banners (some I will revise a bit)
The Rooster is pretty much complete and some of the missions are complete.
I'm working on the Sprites at the moment, and if i'm not to particular, that shouldn't take too long.
After that I have to do the play-testing and mission-altering.

I have no pictures of entirely completed regiments just yet, but stay tuned...

Wish me luck!
Mr Shadow.
23  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Need some assistance with Sprite making! on: December 10, 2009, 10:32:15 AM
Thank you very much again!
I had a faint idea that I had read about those Sprite borders somewhere before, just didn't remembered where.
The reason I asked is that, the way I want to make the sprites, some of them would need just a little bit more height.
I can do it at a pinch anyway, I think i have found the sprites I can use as models, I just think the final result would be so much better if I didn't  :Smiley (damn the perfectionist in me...)

I think I understand what to do Olly, i'm just not sure at this moment if I should bother with the extra work.
I imagine that if I use a larger sprite border for a relatively small sprite, I would have trouble aligning it?

Oh well, I'll poke about and see what I can find. (that's what she said  Wink)

And about the pictures; here we go again:

(Imageshack doesn't seem to agree with me at the moment for some bloody reason Tongue )
Mr Shadow

PS. No worries Grend, that comment of yours gave me a good laugh! Mind you, that was the first banner I did, and I think that I will revise it at a later date.
And yeah, I'll certainly try not to over-complicate things, that's why I need this forum to keep me on the strait and narrow. Smiley Thank you!
24  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Need some assistance with Sprite making! on: December 10, 2009, 12:01:56 AM
Thanks all!

Well Grend, the banner is of my making in fact, and not a complete accident...  Wink Grin

There is a couple more questions that I would like to have an answer to, and I don't seem to be able to find them on my own, so I'll try my luck with you gentlemen.
Here goes:
1. Do I have to re-align, or center the modified Sprites in RDose just like Banners? I have not detected any faults this far, but is it something I should keep in mind?

2. What happens if I make some parts of a sprite larger or wider than the original sprite, that is overstepping the pink square in RDose, will any such parts dissappear?

Regards.
Mr Shadow
25  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Need some assistance with Sprite making! on: December 09, 2009, 07:25:49 PM
Ha!
Well, it just had to be that easy, didn't it!  Grin 
-And yet, I don't think I would have figured it out on my own.

So when I finally clued in on what you were trying to tell me; It all worked out fantastic!

And here is the proof, a before and after picture, as it is only proper to present when an operation has been successful. Wink

Before:

And After:

If your imagination fail you for some reason, let me give you a hint; they are High Elf Archers!
But I must point out that they are not quite finished yet, when I have gained some more experience and figured out what does and doesn't work, I'll give 'em a good make-over.  Smiley

Last but not at all least; thank you very, very much Olly and Ghabry for your swift intervention!
Now the project can resume...

Best Regards.
Mr Shadow
26  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Need some assistance with Sprite making! on: December 09, 2009, 12:09:02 AM
Hello everybody!

I have just started making a few sprite modifications of my own, to be used in a new single-player campaign (of which I can give more information about in a seperate topic)

And I have run into unexpected trouble, which I for the life of me can't make heads or tail of!
A regiment I have been working on, that is; using an already existing sprite (Imperial Bowmen) and making changes to it, when viewing them in RDose and in the game itself, naturally, the sprites seem to have a permanent light-green layer over the different colours with only one exception, and this green colour also forms a box around the sprite.

Obviously there's some problem with the colors, but I don't quite see what.
I use Gimp to make the modifications and the sprites are in 16 colours, and components are <8 so they are not transparent.

To make the sprites I have envisioned, I need to change a few colours in the palette. Is it this that cause this strange effect? And if so, what do I do wrong?
What is the method to make changes to an already existing sprite work?

I don't have a picture of this freaky green mist as of yet, but I will soon get one if it helps.

Most gracious for advice.
Mr Shadow
27  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 05, 2009, 12:20:03 AM
Hi there!
After a long time away from the precious Dark Omen, I intend to make a blazing come-back.

However, the only date that would suit me in December is the 19th, as I will be going away a few days later.
And if I can play, I think I would favour DOST V5.

Regards.
Mr Shadow
28  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Wizzards have to make Suicide? on: May 03, 2009, 12:16:59 PM
In my opinion, the post (and battles) from Ghabry, does not reinforce the notion that it is the tactic regarding mages that is the problem.
I am firmly against any rules that restrict the behaviour of the players on the battlefield, after all -we want the community members to be inventive and reactive. To any challenge there is a solution.
And as I have mentioned before, this type of rules-making stirs emotions, and especially when mentioned in the heat of battle. Allowing members to point out to their opponent when playing what they can and cannot do will always cause conflict and become a less pleasurable experience for both players.

How do we want our members to react to an opponents tactics (one that he/she has payed for with the points-system)
1. Hey! thats unfair, you can't do that!

or..

2. Hmmm, how do I change my own way of playing to beat this?

The way I see it is, the problem rests not with the tactics, or the units themselves, but with the Items.
To successfully preform a "Hit-and-run-bomber-mage" tactic with any level 1 mage, you need either the Wand of Jet or the Book of Ashur.
Likewise -how deadly is the "Lightningbolts-from-my-arse" tactic without the Banner of Wrath?

Even the Vampire will have considerable less bite without these items  Grin

I think that I have made my sentiments quite clear.
/Mr Shadow
29  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 24, 2009, 01:46:42 PM
I have sad news, unfortunatly I will most likely not be able to attend this months Tournament.

Prior commitments (forgotten ones) have ambushed me and tied me up, with a mouthgag and everything Wink
So I have to withdraw my name from the list.

Cry Cry Cry

Good Luck Gentlemen, and have a good time!
/Mr Shadow
30  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Suggestions on: April 22, 2009, 09:22:02 AM
Aaahh yes, that brings back sweet memories!
Myth, Myth, Myth -Now that was a hoot to play online, and generally I'm a modest guy, but I was King of the Hill in that one!  Cool Grin
The most amusing part of that game was the aftermath, with recorded gameplay and the Battle statistics!
It was not uncommon for me to get 70% or more of the total casualties inflicted  Grin

Hey! Maybe that is something to include? Would be very fun for the players, and besides, if gameplay is easy to record and show, the game is almost self-promoting thanks to the internet.

Now I have to retire to get some grub!
/Mr Shadow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4