May 03, 2024, 01:43:40 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33
466  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Zaubersprüche auswählen? on: October 28, 2008, 03:01:47 AM
Short English translation?
467  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Dark Omen Mission 1 in Table Top on: October 21, 2008, 01:09:50 AM
Check out this cool and inspiring picture!

http://www.atouchoftensai.com/wargames/gallery/7.jpg

Could be great to use as a practice model for future Terrian Map Modding.

Smiley

Bah, he's left out the buildings! And the world doesn't end where it should! And the map isn't on a table in the game!

:p
468  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: October 20, 2008, 05:12:39 PM
I might have some slight experience with systems architecture and games development, so sure, I'll take a look at your diagrams when you've made them Smiley
469  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: October 20, 2008, 02:06:36 PM
WARTBED is built with OGRE 3D for graphics, which is an open-source 3D scene-graphed renderer that allows the user to switch between OGL and D3D. It does not use XML in favour or my vaguely named "script" declaration language which has the advantage of being more human-readable and supports a limited inheritance.

That said, you have some good ideas going! Using standard and open libraries is a good notion and will help you tremendously. If you need help with design and project architecture I will give you a hand. PM or mail me, or drop by the IRC channel and speak with me. Also, when we get it up and running, you'll be welcome to use our SVN server for your project. It will still be your project but you may benefit from our resources - all for the good of Dark Omen! Smiley

470  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: XP/VISTA .DLL fix not working on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:08 PM
He means the "colour mouse cursors" option under the settings menu.
471  Modifications / Maps / Re: Trading Post in Multiplayer on: October 04, 2008, 11:49:17 PM
If there ever was good news, this is it!

*standing ovation*
472  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament on: September 29, 2008, 09:02:21 PM
Yes, cheat gold and not limitations, Olly tells us he has great fun with those.
473  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament on: September 28, 2008, 11:00:39 PM
Also need 7000/10 and 64000 tournament rule sets, or something like it...
474  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Allmächtiger Magier und neuer Zauber! on: September 28, 2008, 10:58:53 PM
I ran your question through Babelfish to try to reply, but it only translated half the words... Are you asking something about using fire-throwing magic items?
475  Modifications / Troops / Re: Commander Leadership Rule on: September 24, 2008, 04:19:21 PM
How this rule its apply in the game? Sometimes when a unit routes in DO, i sent a cavalry next to them and the unit reagroup; its this a coincidance or a mechanic of the game similar to the General Rule?   Huh?

Yeah, in the TT a routing unit that comes within the leadership radius of a character model or designated commander gets to roll against his Ld to rally. However, though DO is a thorough implementation of most TTv4 rules, I don't know if this is. If so, the only unit with a distinct leader is Berhard's cavalry, but me neither have observed this.
476  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Meet "Emily" on: September 22, 2008, 05:10:21 PM
It is a little less impressive than it seems, because it is a face mesh pasted on top of a real actress, so her body is real life human, but the face is replaced.
477  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer: Age of Reckoning on: September 21, 2008, 01:51:11 AM
Hi!

Hilarious you called your bright wizard "Elminster", now that's a bizarre RPG cross-over if I ever saw one! Cheesy Do you also play a Dark Elf called "Drizzt"? Cheesy

There is a very thorough hamachi guide on the wiki, and if you join us on IRC we'll help you if you have any problems. If Olly is there he is the guru on connectivity.

Good to have you with us, play some good battles!
478  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Thomas Vu's trail of marketing disasters on: September 12, 2008, 04:53:57 PM
Hi folks!

If any one of you were on the Mark of Chaos beta you might remember a guy called Thomas Vu. He was project lead or something on Mark of Chaos and promised us that MoC would be everything Dark Omen and the tabletop and Total Was is but more, better and make us coffee. In other words, he lied, lied, tried to play politician, and then lied some more in interviews. Well, today, when reading about the horrendous marketing fiasco that EA's Spore has become due to its DRM I happend over a BBC interview where "Spore producer Thomas Vu" spins the game, trying to dent the massive flood of negative consumer feedback.

Well, if Mr Vu was on Spore then it's not strange the game has failed to live up to market expectations, it seems he leaves rotten corpses of destroyed games where ever he threads.

(Btw, Thomas Vu was the guy that banned my moderator account when I called him "criminally incompetent")
479  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: September 09, 2008, 05:12:09 PM
I agree, it does, and it made me think of Mark of Chaos. I was going to get the game, but then I noticed one thing: it is protected by Starforce. Forget me buying the friggin' thing. Made a post about it on their site (using the name Wellington):

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3843
480  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:29 PM
Yeah, they are a bit confused, and they are still the best screen shots I could find. Most of the others were very close-up to the "action", which makes for nice images but very poor game play. Also, they seem to have designed their graphics for free camera and low tilt angles (since the skies are detailed and trees are modelled to be looked on from the side), which, again is a poor choice for tactical games.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33