May 03, 2024, 05:26:58 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33
451  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Wikipedia link here on: December 19, 2008, 01:19:48 PM
There seem to be a sanctimonious editor at Wikipedia that removes the link here from the Dark Omen article. To some extent that it understandable since the link here has been called "fansite", and WP policy (one of the many thousands of them, contradictory as they may be) is that fansites are generally frowned upon.

However, this isn't just a fansite, this is also a resource documenting Dark Omen and expanding the original game. It is also the internet community hub, and the site of the remake project. It is a site of public interest and should be referenced to in the article.

So please everyone, check into the article every now and then and make certain that the link here is not removed.

452  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Majel Barret Roiddenberry dead at 76 on: December 19, 2008, 11:37:08 AM
Well, I could easily qualify for a nerd based on my interests, one of which is Star Trek. Though this is tangential to Warhammer, I just learned that yesterday (Thursday 18th of December, 2008) Majel Barret Roddenberry dies. If you don't know who this is, then you're hereby slapped in the face by an unrealistic futuristic computer. Majel Barret played Nurse Chapel in the original Star Trek series from the late 60's (she in fact had a part as 2nd in command of the Enterprise under Christopher Pike in the series pilot, which was very remarkable given the times), and later married Gene Roddenberry, tha cretor of Star Trek. She later played Luaxana Troi in TNG, and following TOS she has been the computer voice in all Star Trek series and movies. She directed the series Andromeda, and had several cameos in Babylon 5.

She's dead, Jim.
453  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: troublee on: December 16, 2008, 11:58:40 PM
Hi and welcome!

Good to see you have found the game again and found your way here!

Could you give us some additional information about your system? What OS do you use (XP or Vista)? Also, if you want more immediate help then you could join us in the IRC channel. It is usually populated and active from about seven or eight o'clock central European time.
454  Modifications / Troops / Re: Problem with wh2edit on: December 12, 2008, 06:22:59 PM
I too have no idea what's up with your application... In fact it is the first time in ten years that kind of issues have been mentioned Smiley Could you have a strange keyboard? Are you running some keymapper application?

Anyway, since the old WH2EDIT is a bit buggy, Ghabry is developing a modern Wh32Edit version to replace the old. Perhaps you could use that? Ghabry has all the information you might need about this.
455  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December? on: December 12, 2008, 06:18:37 PM
that would be right here my friend Grin

You have the first post in this thread so feel free to edit it with information about when, where and who. (And why, if you're feeling coy Cheesy)
456  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Question about experience on: December 08, 2008, 04:47:23 PM
That does sound very reasonable. Since the TT is turned-based there is obviously no faster firing rates with experience, but in a real-time game it would be a natural development. Would be easy to try - simply field a few mortars of different levels and time their firing rate with a stop-watch. Post results here, please Smiley
457  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December? on: December 07, 2008, 11:13:43 PM
I had fun last time, and the 28th should be open for me too.
458  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Hamachi Players on: December 06, 2008, 03:47:33 PM
What is Hamachi? Is it a server and how does I start it?

Hamachi is basically a tool that allows you to connect games (specially older games) that would otherwise not be connectable. Most (ok, all) of our games are played through an Hamachi connection. It is a simple little program that is run on both sides. It is fully safe and contains no spyware, trojans or anything.
459  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Question about experience on: December 06, 2008, 03:43:59 PM
Bem, the values you quoted I think are for character (hero) models. Reading my 3rd ed rules (which WH:DO is based on) ordinary troops gain much less with levels, basically only one +1 on a single attribute per level (my table below is accumulative):

Code:
Level		M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
Elite +1 0 +1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Elite +2 0 0 0 0 0 0 +1 0 0
Elite +3 0 0 0 +1 0 0 0 0 0
Elite +4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 +1 0
460  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: frage zu regimentern on: December 01, 2008, 10:08:38 PM
my english is bad....

Better than my German Smiley You can write in German but try as best you can to provide an English translation so more people can help
461  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament November on: November 30, 2008, 01:58:05 PM
yeah it was a real cool turnament thats for sure, hehe and the endless groupe we kept winning and loosing 1-1

Indeed, that was really entertaining, that we after an additional elimination round still were tied with two wins and losses each!

Anyway, Flak and Dj (whom I played), good matches and much fun was had! I look forward to spilling your blood again! And I really agree with Olly, playing on new maps was great! Especially the undead town map is great fun!
462  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: No CD Crack/Patch on: November 18, 2008, 06:33:44 PM
The easy way is to find it in the Cheap PC game section in a Game Shop

Can be VERY difficult. However, there is a no-CD patch we all here use that works for us. Sorry but I don't have the link for it.
463  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament November on: November 14, 2008, 12:08:48 AM
I want Loren Lake - seems like a great MP map!
464  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament November on: November 08, 2008, 02:51:27 AM
oh u alredy done that hehe =),, u put me on auto join =)

Of course, we count you as a fixture here by now Smiley Resistance is futile.
465  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Turnier Punkteliste 3000 Gold on: November 09, 2008, 03:39:49 AM
English version? :p
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33