April 20, 2024, 03:15:25 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Entire Campaign using only Bright Wizard & Grudgebringer Cavalry on: December 03, 2023, 09:08:49 PM
Well done indeed. Now try it with Enhanced Edition *haha*  Wink
2  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Rise of the Dead campaign on: July 05, 2023, 05:25:21 PM
Hey thanks for trying!

After reading past "past" statements the rock lobber wasn't intented to be still present cause it lead to many reloads.
But without it the mission is also kinda easy.
Maybe its disabled in one of the other version provided.

I think we kept it for the challenge and insanity.  Cool
3  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: June 11, 2022, 04:32:05 PM
Welcome and thanks for the feedback!

1)
Magic items are spread out in a way you can't get them all at once, it depends on your path to victory.
For balance reasons the Banner of Wrath and the Horn of Urgoth are removed but the others are carried by individuals.
I didn't count the number of magic items but you can get plenty over time.

2)
Every mission you do counts as time spend to "get something done" before your "actual mission".
From my view of the game this was intented at some point but cut for reasons.
The result was a very linear campaign where you, except for Bretonnia, can get everything.
Thats no longer the case and you need to pick a path.
As you spend time the story doesn't wait for you anymore.

My advice for you is to not do the full campaign at once.
Instead do each chapter a few times differently to see which items and units you can get.
When you build you army chapter by chapter things start to look differently.
Also listen to the dialogues, they give advice here and there if you are running late again Smiley

Im glad you enjoy the challenge!
4  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! on: December 25, 2021, 04:49:58 PM
I wish you all Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and good health. Wink
5  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: March 27, 2021, 08:14:42 PM
Good news everyone, 1.1.0 is now available!

More details at start of the thread.

Download: Enhanced Edition 1.1.0

Patch Notes 1.1.0:
- goblins stole 3500gc from the imperial reward treasure
- added a dark magic spell
- the timing of the dwarfs improved slightly
- added more talking heads here and there
- further improvements to dialogues
- the lords of "The 100" turned into heroes
- two of the lost magic items found by powerful enemies
- polished the important battles
- this patch is not save game compatible

I hope that Klaus catched all the bugs. Have fun!
6  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: March 15, 2021, 08:35:39 AM
Currently working on version 1.1.0 with some much needed balance, bug fixes and little features here and there.

If anyone got some feedback left then now is a good chance to get it included in this version.

Have a good one!  Wink
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow Of The Horned Rat on: March 08, 2021, 07:08:42 PM
Good job!   Cool
This Let's Play brings back lots of memories. Makes me want to play it again!

Ceridan: ...destroyed by ungainly, ignorant, beer swilling...
Morgan:

made my, day i can't remember i ever saw this
8  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: January 30, 2021, 03:44:13 PM
Hi,

your game is fine it is intented to be that way. You can't do all missions in one run, there is no "time" for it.
So if you show up late to a defense, well...  Wink
9  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: September 06, 2020, 06:26:21 PM
Can i please get a bit more feedback both content and balance wise.

Need it for future improvements.

Also if anyone wants to do an undead/elves/etc conversion, feel free to do so  Wink
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Table Top Recreations. Need help! on: June 24, 2020, 04:24:08 AM
Amazing work! That must have taken so much time, keep it up! Wink
11  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: May 28, 2020, 05:42:02 PM
Thanks for playing  Wink

I don't know how to disable the strength button, but im sure its possible.
Makes me happy that you enjoy the changes, they are most important for replay value.

So have fun exploring!

Ps.: Please report any bugs, so Klaus can fix them.
12  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Covid19 on: March 29, 2020, 08:16:26 PM
Quite the chaos everywhere, stay safe!
13  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: July 05, 2019, 09:07:18 AM
This looks awesome! Good job guys!

Will report anything i find.
14  Modifications / Tools / Re: Mod Selector on: June 29, 2019, 02:05:33 PM
There is no hurry, enjoy the summer  Smiley

Was mere ideas/problems is struggled with in the Enhanced Edition mod.
It's all WHMTG script related which is already awesome but could really use more functions.
Its kinda feature incomplete atm.
Especially if we ever want to have SOTHR ported to Dark Omen.
The campaign there can go so many different ways.

Checking a variable for all possible values can easy bloat the WHMTG file. Like i do atm to check time passed before most missions to process different events and dialogues. File size is quite close to the size cap which is 3 times the original size i believe.

Operators "=<" and "=>" are not supported i think. At least i never saw those used in the original which rarely uses logic and variables.

What I could also propose is a "Read WHMTG Variable" function which reads a WHMTG variable into a CTL global variable and then using this to set the deployment limit.

Sure, whatever works best/easy to implement. I tried to make the feature requests close to existing functions which could use some extensions like.

"GetUnitStatus unitID" function checks if unit is alive/dead (offset 0 size 2 in regiment data block).
Maybe this could be used to make a "SetUnitByte unitID value" function to set specific bytes. Like leader attributes @offset 127 size 9.

from Wiki:
http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/ARM

Also one other feature came into my mind:

H) "multiple choice" in dialogues

There is currently only a binary choice "yes"/"no" with var_23 set 0 or 1.
"PlaySFX "Choice one" "Choice two" 29 1 "H_KZ001" 0"
Which can be used to build a binary tree but it gets confusing very fast and looks cheap.

SOTHR got i think up to 5 mission choices.

Thanks for reading  Wink
15  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign: Dark Omen Enhanced Edition on: June 15, 2019, 07:40:00 AM
Version 1.0.1

Direct Link:

Patch Notes:

• Fixed a very annoying crash caused by a missing head.
  • This patch is not save game compatible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8