April 26, 2024, 09:08:56 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3
16  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: January 18, 2019, 01:12:17 PM
Picking up the work. Did some tests on the 1.seq using 0 animation (that is charge).

13 XX XX XX
Seems to be the same as 03 XX XX XX, but only occurs as the first command in the animation

03 00 XX XX or 03 04 XX XX
Second byte seems to be controlling interpolation somehow. By changing 04 -> 00 and recording the videos I see some minor differences during the movement, but nothing really dramatic, only slight diff. Probably we can ignore this.

01 XX XX XX
Is connected somehow to the mouth animation (0A). By removing it from the charge the mouth animation started a lot earlier. Not sure it always works like this because sometimes 01 appears after 0A. Need more investigation. This flag appears rather unfrequently though.

02 00 00 00
Appears before 08 00 00 00 in the end of the animation. Only tested on charge. By removing it from the list mouth animation ended much-much earlier, so it again is connected to mouth (and/or sound) somehow. Need more investigation.

I've written the tool to edit SEQ files [attachment=1]. Here's the interface [attachment=2].

Open - select source and destination SEQ files
Save - save current state to the destination SEQ
MakeStatic - copies first frame of the animation all over the animation (kinda deprecated due to the next feature)
Edit - allows to edit the bytes manually, very handy. Bytes are in hex, each one should be separated by the whitespace/newline
ResetEdit - reverts the string to the original state

17  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: March 15, 2018, 08:44:55 AM
Yeah, migration could be PITA, so we better avoid it if possible  Smiley
18  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: March 14, 2018, 08:49:52 AM
We're using 4.16 because we rarely need anything from the graphics or blueprints UE offer. Have you spotted anything from the latest versions that affect us? Migrating to the last version may incur some costs, so we need justification for this.

p.s. if you want to try to migrate yourself and see what happens, you're welcome to do it on your local copy Smiley
19  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: February 28, 2018, 08:40:02 AM
Cool! Can't wait to see the heads in UE  Smiley
20  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: February 25, 2018, 10:41:43 PM
Have you figured out how animation works? I mean actual mesh movement.
21  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Question about the Remake project on: January 21, 2018, 01:24:16 PM
Hello and welcome!

I encourage you to join our Slack channel where we discuss most of the things. From what you've listed I think the most usable skill for us currently is 3D modeling. We don't have a person who can spend his time on animation things in UE4 which would be valuable in the future when we will upgrade from sprites to 3d models.

We can also create remake specific web page to advertise it, however, this will be mostly required when the project itself will be close to be finished Smiley
22  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year on: December 26, 2017, 09:39:25 PM
Congratz everyone! I'm happy I found you a year ago!
23  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: December 24, 2017, 11:18:13 AM
Wow, that's great news! Keep us updated  Cheesy
24  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: April 20, 2017, 11:57:57 PM
Nope, I've written it mostly for preparing pathfinding. It could be used as the full substitution, however, I don't have time to make it so. The only new thing I've discovered is proper usage if LIT files.
p.s. Let's not flood this thread with off-topic. We can discuss this either in slack or another thread Smiley
25  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: April 20, 2017, 09:58:19 PM
Ghabry,

Sources for everything could be found on my github account https://github.com/devast3d
Specifically BtbEditor is here https://github.com/devast3d/BtbEditor, compiled version is here https://github.com/devast3d/BtbEditor/tree/master/BtbUI/bin/Release
Feel free to do anything with it Smiley

BTW, I'm currently working on adding steering behaviors for the unit. Finished first (normally working) version today Smiley

26  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: The hand on: February 11, 2017, 06:33:22 AM
I usually beat this map splitting the army in two equal parts on the left and right sides keeping art on the ledge. Using mortar and fire mage (to stop or redirect enemy movement) is the key to win.

p.s. Never ever used ice mage for anything. IMO it's the most useless regiment in the game Smiley
27  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: January 28, 2017, 06:03:31 PM
Brief update on the latest achievements.
- App for reading BTB files. Mostly for visualization purposes. One important feature is constructing walkability texture for a level. More work has to be done here.
- Using walk map simple pathfinding was added. It's in the beginning, but can already calc pathes around the level (currently using classic A*, may change in the future). A LOT of work is still required here.
- Also simple app for reading sprite file (based on previous work). Mostly for converting sprites into modern format. The reason - create some squads for imporving pathfinding.
28  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: November 15, 2016, 11:47:55 PM
Latest results regarding lighting import.
[attachment=1]
29  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: October 13, 2016, 12:49:42 AM
Yeah, I encourage everyone to join! We are progressing rapidly  Cool
[attachment=1]
30  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Dark Omen Reborn on: October 01, 2016, 12:33:24 AM
Hello Community!

I am the new member of the Dark Omen fan club! I've amazed that so much work has been done already to keep this wonderful game alive. After reading some of the topic on the forum I decided to dive in and attempt to create Dark Omen replica. Called the project Dark Omen Reborn! The goal is to use UE4 as the base engine, importing as much as possible from the original DO files. Thankfully there are many tools and source codes already written to help me started and even some members of the community are still active!

Below is the motivational screenshot of the first level terrain imported into UE4 already. Therre are many things to be done yet, but that's only the start!

[attachment=1]
Pages: 1 [2] 3