April 25, 2024, 02:43:15 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Ice Magic does not "Freeze" enemies. on: December 12, 2022, 04:28:28 PM
Yeah, so, ice magic does not freeze enemies even in maximum particle settings. Not sure what is wrong.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Ice Magic does not "Freeze" enemies. on: December 12, 2022, 01:23:01 PM
Mine was medium, too. Let me check maximum this night and see if this is the case.
However, I also noticed that corpses do not dissolve in my campaign. It has been a while since I played but I thought they would disappear after a while during battles. Does not happen to me now. Let me confirm that one, but it may be an issue of the same origin.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Ice Magic does not "Freeze" enemies. on: December 12, 2022, 10:25:14 AM
Yeah, I think, the same. If you remember in original DO Blizzard or Ice Blast would freeze killed units first: they turn blue and explode a second later. This does not happen now, though damage is still done and damage spells do kill.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Ice Magic does not "Freeze" enemies. on: December 12, 2022, 09:27:47 AM
Hi,
been playing Olly's Mod Pack with dgVoodoo2.
Noticed that Spellsinger's spells (using Ice Magic) do not turn enemy sprites to ice on successful attacks. The damage is dealt and enemy dies, so it is not a show stopper. But annoying none the less.
Does anyone have an idea why this happens and can it be fixed?
5  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Chaos Dwarf Invasion on: February 16, 2021, 08:21:50 AM
Olly is right as usual - The banner is crippled intenionally because it obscured the whole sprite. Those days not only Xslots for banner/sprite customization were not available, but also Shadow of the Horned Rat sprites were not decoded. I made this sprite by getting as far as first Wyvern mission in SoTHR (Playstation emulator for better graphics) and making a video of all its movements from all angles. Then I mounted dwarf lord on the wyvern...

By the way, Chaos Dwarfs will finally find their way into Total War Warhammer as the 3rd 'Eastern' part goes live later this year. It will be an interesting experience. They are as good (if not better) as other dwarves as far as technology advancements, and also they have (unlike conservative dwarves) fast slave cavalry/monsters in their roster.
6  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: November 25, 2020, 12:35:47 PM
You are welcome  Smiley
Few players actually tested everything and provided their feedback, I appreciate. If there are bugs or weird things feel free to report and I will see what can be done.

Also, about a year ago I provided a lower difficulty wood-elves campaign - an alternative for those who quickly become annoyed after a couple of failed attempts. I am not sure if Olly has it included in his pack. If not, I will share a link here. )
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen game issue. on: May 03, 2020, 08:22:07 AM
Thank you,
everything (almost) worked and indeed it now looks much better with 3d emulator and stuff. Good old Dark Omen Smiley

Why I say "almost" is - I noticed your custom dwarf heads have graphical glitches when they speak
[attachment=1]

I noticed it for dwarf king and also engineer (dwarf in glasses, in horned helm) - dwarf campaign, mission 1. Engineer glitches are less noticable - smaller and better color. But both are somewhat related to mouth-beard region...
Can you please let me know if you have the same as I have on the provided screenshot?
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen game issue. on: May 02, 2020, 06:26:40 PM
Hey guys how have you been. Hope everything is fine.

I installed Dark Omen yet another time on my new laptop. I managed to run the game with my own patch but I have a graphics issue I do not know/remember how to resolve.
[attachment=1]

Can anyone help and remind me of compatibility patches or something? I have core-i3 ice lake and Intel UHD Graphics if that matters.
Thank you.
9  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: July 10, 2019, 08:16:14 AM
Thanks!
10  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: July 06, 2019, 11:01:49 AM
Interesting, could you elaborate on the AI behaviour a bit? How enemy units decide "what they should do"? Has this logic to be reprogrammed for each melee/ranged unit on each map or is it something that can be applied to all maps?

In CTL files, "AI" logic was not de facto AI, it was a set of scripts that defined behaviour of each unit on one map.
Melee unit scripts (cavalry, infantry, chariots) were pretty straightforward:
1) Waiting for a certain even to get teleported to a certain place on the map.
   The event can be: timer, player unit within a certain range, certain unit alive/dead etc. Sometimes unit is not teleported but stands at a certain place on the map, waiting for event trigger.
2) Basically hunt nearest player unit, or if none can be seen, patrol between waypoints.

Archers had more complicated "AI". I cannot really call it an AI. It was basically instruction to go to a certain predefined waypoint, and shoot everyone from there. 2-3 waypoints were set up, archers moved between them, if they suffered damage etc...Every ctl map had to have its own set of scripts for each archer regiment.

Mages also had a pre-programmed behavour that defined their spells and moves on one map. Everything except event handlers should have been reprogrammed for any map.

This was very clumsy and not modding-friendly. On the other hand, all existing mods - at least mine - are bound to CTL files and will be completely broken otherwise.

Thank you very much again, for the UE demo of Dark Omen looks really promising.
11  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: July 05, 2019, 09:26:13 AM
Question: As far as computer regiments behaviour - timing, place, other functions - did you decode CTL files where it is used or did you create it from scratch?
Thank you.
12  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: July 04, 2019, 05:18:25 PM
Hi guys,
I have just tried a demo of Dark Omen Reborn and I can only say this: It is awesome! It really feels like good old Dark Omen, no questions. While I completed the battle, I noticed a few minor bugs or things that I think might be bugs - something that does not work exactly like DO. I can report them if your interested. Also, I am ready to test other game episodes as they appear - hope you have strength and patience left to make second step now that this incredible initial step is done Smiley
13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Anyone keen? Multiplayer revival? on: March 25, 2019, 01:18:46 PM
Hi Olly
Can you please let me know what mod is the most balanced and suitable to play a couple of mp games? My bro wanted to play some. Could you share a link? And is it better to use local network Ip address or connect via Game Ranger?

Thank you.
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode in Windows 10 on: October 30, 2018, 09:42:27 PM
Thank you,
let me try PCem first. I downloaded it but did not find instruction how to run Dark Omen (or another game) using it. Is there one? Probably it's too late and I should look into it tomorrow :p
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode in Windows 10 on: October 29, 2018, 11:38:25 AM
Hello guys,
I tried dgVoodoo 2.45, used Olly's instructions but I receive an error message when I run Eng_Rel.exe:
"Dark Omen has failed due to an incompatible DirectX version or out-of-date display drivers."
Any idea how to fix it?

Also, I have videocard NVIDIA GeForce MX150. And Dark Omen allows me to switch to 3d when I start game (only colorful mouse seems to crash the game).
While overall graphics seems to improve slightly, all unit sprites have black bars and I do not know how to get rid of them. Also, is there a way to fix it?
Thank you.

[attachment=1]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26