April 26, 2024, 05:09:42 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament May on: May 22, 2009, 11:28:22 AM
 Sad Sad Shocked Cry Cry
I am sorry, but I have to cancel my participation to this month's tournament, as some relatives of mine are making a sudden visit and staying a few days.
I strongly apologize for the short notice.
I'll try to pop up and say hello in the later evening, however.
Me stOOpid, feel zo zorry...
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament May on: May 08, 2009, 09:21:21 PM
The faction rules seem interesting.
I am in!

By the way, in the Faction Rules Wiki, the Black Grail is mispelled ('Grial').
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Avatars for members on: May 08, 2009, 09:06:36 PM
Nice idea!
Since I am not yet an 'old' member (ok, I am older than the most of you, but that's not what was meant), I'd like to stick to my current one, for now at least.
By the way, what do you think of it? It's a 'logo' I created myself for the department I used to work for: the Medicinal Chemistry Support.
Do you like it?
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / Re: April Tournament - Undead Armies on: April 25, 2009, 11:41:32 PM

Chinnico's Boneshakers

Vampire
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Warriors
Wights
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Re: April Tournament - Greenskin Armies on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:59 PM
Chinnico's Waaaghband

Orc Arrer Boyz
Orc Arrer Boyz
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Boyz
Orc Boyz
Orc Big'uns
Orc Shaman
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Re: April Tournament - Empire Armies on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:27 PM
Chinnico's Humies

Bright Wizard
Flagellants
Mercenary Ogres
Vladimir Stormbringer
Outlaw Pistoliers
7  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: April 25, 2009, 05:49:03 PM
I think there there's some mispelling. I assume you wanted to say: 'yakusukoto ga' and not 'wake ga'

Tell me if I am wrong in translation:

Trasnlating WARTBED in Japanese is easy, as there is also support for UNICODE. Anyway the people of DARKOMEN don't know japanese at all.

Grin
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Contest 5k/15 Empire: Swift Retribution on: April 23, 2009, 06:21:26 PM
This was my army in the February tournament. It performed quite well; for my standards, at least. Wink

Firing stations:
1x Mercenary Crossbowmen
Supported by:
1x flagellants

Main strike force:
1x Wood Elves with Spelleater Shield
1x Wood Elves with Stormsword
1x Mercenary Cavalry with Runefang

I wanted fast moving units, using the cavalry to pop up suddendly on enemy flanks. Flagellants proved great fighters too.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Contest 5k/15 - Goblin go-go on: April 23, 2009, 06:13:49 PM
Hi, this was the army I used in the March tournament. I had a lot of fun, although I didn't win a lot  Smiley
I wanted to create an army with some character, so I opted for an 'all gobbos' list.

The swarm:
1x goblins with Stormsword
1x goblins with Spell Eater shield
1x goblins with Banner of Defiance
1x goblins WITH FANATICS and Mork's War Banner

Supporting groups
2x goblin archers
1x rock lobber

My idea was to hold enemies at distance with the goblins, using the unit with the Banner of Defiance as front row, cloesely followed by those with Stormsword and Mork's Banner. The Fanatics would have been a nice surprise for those fast charging cavalries or other similar units.
While the front line was fighting (actually being butchered...) the other units would fire a rain of arrows and rocks on the more distant or incoming foes.

How could I possibly lose?  Wink

For the contest, I'd replace the rock lobber with a Goblin Shaman, so that this army would be a real ALL GOBBOS one!
Next time I might get it right!
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 23, 2009, 05:12:44 PM
Hi guys, I've been away for a while due to work reasons. Is there a spot I can fit in, still? Or I could be a replacement.
Sorry for being so late.
Cheers
(oh, I am reading the recent rules/strategy posts - you guys ROCK!)
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 11, 2009, 10:21:41 PM
I am in for the fight.
I don't have enough experience to contribute to the discussion about the rules (maybe when I reach the next level  Wink), but I am in for the fight at any cost.
12  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Old drawings on: February 28, 2009, 10:23:53 PM
The topic about 'how did we get to know Dark Omen' stirred up a few memories.
I've found a couple of scans of old drawings that I used to make when my friends and I were playing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
The Chainsaw Goblin

and a Tzeentch Horror

Ah, I need to find time to get back to the drawing board (literally)
13  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Quotes - spelling errors on: February 28, 2009, 05:00:24 PM
As for quotes to add, I like very much this one:
"Let's paint the troll land black!"

It's what Morgan says when asked about fighting the trolls: "Are you ready to spill their black blood?"

Yeah!
14  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How did you come to play Dark Omen on: February 28, 2009, 04:22:26 PM
When I was young(er) I used to play Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay with a few friends of mine. At that time, living in Italy, we had to either mail order stuff from UK, or travel some 100 km to Milano in order to find the only shop nearby that imported GW material. We also played classical D&D, AD&D and Call of Chtulhu.
We slowly managed to put our hands on other GW games, like Space Hulk, Epic Space Marines, Space Fleet and other miniature games. By the way, both games and most of all miniatures were incredibly more cheap than they are now (think of the rough equivalent of 1-1.5 euros for a full-detailed metal space marine).
In those early ages, when I had an Amiga 500 and my first PC (486) was still to come, I couldn't wait for a decent GW licensed videogame. Yet, conversions of Hero Quest or Space Crusade weren't exactely what I was looking for.
Then Space Hulk (for PC) stole my heart away. I was only waiting for a good Warhammer Fantasy-themed game.
Although I was never able to play Shadow of the Horned Rat, I was a little disappointed by the average reviews this game got (at least in Italy).
By the time DO came out, I was prepared: AMD K6-2 266 MHz, Diamond Monster 3D II (Voodoo 2) with 12 Mb and a Sound Blaster AWE32. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. As you all can see...
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Space Crusade WH40K on: February 20, 2009, 11:05:45 PM
Space Hulk is a great tabletop game AND a fantastic tactical game for PC. Also a nice Sega Saturn Version exists, with more realistic 3D environment.
Anyway, the PC version was the one that better managed to recreate the tabletop game feeling.
In the board game the human player had two minutes per turn to make decisions, while the tyranid player had all the time he wanted. This was to simulate the far superior speed of the aliens.
In the PC game everything is realtime, but the player can 'freeze' the time for a certain amount of period. When this is exhausted, he has to play realtime until the 'freeze-time bar' gets reloaded.
The Terminator marines squads were commanded through a video-shoulder-cam connection, so that while manually managing one marine, you could keep an eye on what was happening in front of the others. Then you could take control of each terminator with a click of the mouse.
A nice single player campaign was completed with all the single scenarios available for the board game, recreated for the software version.
Too bad it was too early for multiplayer!

Great atmosphere, also.

Nothing scared me more of a hulking, four-armed, all-claws-n-teeth space crab running towards me and to hear the 'clak-clak' of a jammed bolter.
Pages: [1] 2