March 28, 2024, 08:22:06 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avatars for members  (Read 21255 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »

i pretty like that we're allowed to use avatars and w already have most of portraits at the website (for those who dont know: http://en.dark-omen.org/troops.html )

but from other way seems that only little users use it, which makes me little sad.
so i thought about it and thnk that it will be nice to see "game" avatrs for some active and "old" users like Flak, Olly, Gharby, Mika, Dj, warpghost, zzuu and others...

and i takes responsibility to choose some avatars for some of members. its nothing about the sntrenght of each player but mostly about "image" i have about each one.

for example i think that olly fits very much for one of these avatars:

for flak i think these avatars fits him pretty much

lol how do u htink (please dont feel any personal abut it never ant to hurt) Smiley
i think ive choosen one of the best avatrs btw Cheesy even tho bemb obv have the best avatar ever

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 05:13:10 PM »

lol thanks

I look like a criminal or an outlaw Shocked

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »

You can find all Dark Omen Portratis by visiting http://en.dark-omen.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=28&task=userAvatar. BUt it looks like that this only sets the avatar on the website and not in the forum.

I added all portratis to the Forum Avatar list one minute ago.
Just visit your Profile and click "Forum Profile Information".
At "Personalized Picture:" you can find the folders [Empire], [Greenskin] and [Undead] which contains all portratis of the regiments in the game ([Actors] and [Musicians] are from the SMF-Forum Software Wink)

Have fun setting your new Avatar Cheesy.

And I want to keep my Giant Spider, thx anyway Wink.

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

I added all portratis to the Forum Avatar list one minute ago.
Just visit your Profile and click "Forum Profile Information".
At "Personalized Picture:" you can find the folders [Empire], [Greenskin] and [Undead] which contains all portratis of the regiments in the game ([Actors] and [Musicians] are from the SMF-Forum Software Wink)

Thx for adding, I removed the actors and musicians^^

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Chinnico
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »

Nice idea!
Since I am not yet an 'old' member (ok, I am older than the most of you, but that's not what was meant), I'd like to stick to my current one, for now at least.
By the way, what do you think of it? It's a 'logo' I created myself for the department I used to work for: the Medicinal Chemistry Support.
Do you like it?
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:26:01 AM »

Smiley Taking a walk through the forum

Nice logo Chinnico! what about making some banners for the armies and sprites that the guys are creating (Flak, Grend, Trovertut, etc)  Wink

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 06:06:35 AM »

come on guys i need to see more DO avatars over there!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 04:29:10 AM »

From now on i'm going to wear the oath of Luther; hope it is ok for the rest, and hope to be worhty of it. Anyway, one more DO Avatar Alavet  Wink.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 07:04:25 AM »

to be honest your avatar looks pretty shitty, lol (pls dont be mad for me). gringer breaded man in gay costume, oh  lol Cheesy

i think this is one of the worst avatar ever, btu at least it recognizible Cheesy

btw, i changed my opniion about lodrbrapus. he need to have avatar like that

and proposed for rest users (note, there is a thread expressign how to make avatar "wider" in size, just liek my own or Dj/ Bembe) FYI Darkmancer, you could use standard forum avatar and wide it to our "standard" size
there is instrcution
http://forum.dark-omen.org/website-related/the-size-of-your-avatar-t400.0.html

Flak:
still

Wkurwiony (i think he deserved these with his level of skill)

(lol)

Gharby: just kidding, hovewer why not?

Cid: (no feelings yet actually, just first expression)

Grend:

warhammerfreak:

olor:

other members doesnt shows up or already have in game avatars which is OK so i didnt posted them
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:26:00 AM by alavet » Logged

CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:57 AM »

*amused* You think of me as a terribly gay elf, or a very unimportant crossbow man? ... Hmm...
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »

well you seem to be rather pedantic, i.e. using structurized and difficuilt constructed sentences so it seems to be little, hm.. let,s say... "elfish"... Cheesy

and as for crossbowmen you're very understimate their power. there is lots of situations where crossbow better than usual archers, i actually liketo use them.
but i just love canons stronger Smiley

anyway, feel free to choose any avatar (better not already used, i.e. not fro mactive member used and for exampel we already ahve avatar of infantry mercenary (Cholio), Troll (Malus), Wraiths (Kyyper).. lodrbrapus used to have Gnouls avatar, i remebered that one..

i like avtaas and this image getting simbitic with his owner. I little bored of my own avatar, but i think if i change it, lots of members will have discomfort about it.

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 11:48:45 AM »

well you seem to be rather pedantic, i.e. using structurized and difficuilt constructed sentences so it seems to be little, hm.. let,s say... "elfish"... Cheesy

Let the battle commence!
* Mikademus sits down with crisps and soft drinks

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »

The CidHalsey options were fun  Grin  (first impression? I prefer the Ice Mage)

I admit alavet's post made me smile for several seconds, which is good for my health.

Ey alavet, what would be the avatar for Mikademus? (thinking in Orc Shaman..)

DJLeBomb returned from Wizard's Academy, thats why he has that face now.

Tovertrut = Goblin Shaman
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:08:47 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 05:24:16 PM »

in my opinion Mikademus = Dread king due to his long-time dedication to Dark Omen community, and also his much dreaded persona as when he put updates about his work on new DO only few braves manage to say kind words, while other run in fear

and if i may add Nitrox = Zombie as he and zombies often come to a fight but run rather fast Wink
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 11:30:47 PM »

i think, i believe that... taking in count alavet historical behaivour, he deserves this image for avatar

you know, he is acting like a histeric shealous girl with cidhasley because he writes better than him, alavet never stops speaking, he uses female lame tactics in games and he works as a secretary in his workplace

and for cidhasley i really trust that he deserves this one:

because he have a lot of knowledge, he is like the master of writting he has no hair after to much thinking , and he lost one eye because of all the time he past reading and reading.

and for mikademus:

because of his misterius appearence, peculiar parson and hand-like-face face?

or....

because he is a fat person that always sits and eat when he is watching something entretainment and he has a high place in the community (like the ingame governor of bogehanfen)

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: