March 29, 2024, 01:23:54 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7)  (Read 27767 times)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »

DO7 is my ruleset, the final evolution of the old CDO mod.

One of the principal characteristic is that all the rules and atributes have being actualized to the 7th edition of warhammer rulebook.

Then , the undead are only vampires counts, not the mixed, khemri / vampire, having deleted mummies and black grial knights reamplacing with, blood dragons and the strigoi vampires.

Other thing to considerate is that there are new units and each race have one comander to buy.

Now i will numerate the regiments that each race have.

Humans

heroe:
Elector count 6/12 cavalery unit
Ice mage       1/1
Bright mage    1/1

Units:
Imperail haldbeiders        12/12
Imperial archers             20/20
Imperial greatswords      20/20
Imperial cavalery orders  16/16
Outlaw infantery            25/25
Outlaw pistoliers            10/10 Shocked
Flagelants                    12/12
Ragnar Wolves               12/12
Elve infantery                 16/16  
Elve archers                   16/16

Monsters:
Ogres                           3/3
Treman                         1/1

Artillery:
Imperial cannon              4/4
Imperial mortar                4/4

As you notice, i added ragnar cavalery to mix with ice mage, and outlaw infantery to mix with outlaw pistoliers Tongue and basicaly it is an imperial army...

Orcs

Heroes:
Grimor Ironhide                 6/12  
Night goblin shaman           1/1
Orc Shaman                     1/1

Units:
Night goblin/fanatic            30/30
Night goblin archer/fanatic  25/25
snotling                           6/6 ( unbreakable unit m4 ws2 s2 t2 w3 i3 a3 l4 )
snotling wagonet              1/1 (cool machine m8 ws2 s4 t4 w3 i3 a5 l4)
orc infantery                   25/25  
orc biguns                       20/20
orc archers                     20/20
orc boar                         16/16

Monsters:
Spiderlings        12/12 (dont alarm, their atributes are m5 ws2 s3 t3 w1 i2 a2 l6) they are very lower than in DO
Scorpions         6/6 there are no scorpions in 7th but they are okay they have same stats
Trolls               3/3 (now, as the 7th edition rules, they are inmune to sicology)

Artillery:
Bolt thrower       4/4 ( he has + 2 BS = 5 so can shot faster and be more usefull)  
Mortar               4/4

GS now have new friends (snotling) that will be taking in consideration at the moment of planing a tactic, they are vey poor in atacks but they are lost of unbrakable snotlings that will be a human wall cause of all the wounds that will have to be killed, and the snotling wagonet, a killing kamikaze machine Tongue

Undead

Heroes:
Manfred Von Carstein     6/12 cavalery unit (manfred is mounted)
Vampire                     1/1 now he has -1m that make more real what dark omen couldnt make related to movement
Necromancer               1/1

Units:
Zombies                  25/25
Ghouls                    20/20
Skeleton infantery    25/25
Skeleton archers      20/20
Skeleton Cavalery    16/16    (now they are  black knights, quite better  Cheesy)
Wights                   12/12
Wraiths                  6/6
Blood Dragons         12/12 (they are vampire knights, the reemplacement of black grial, ws5 s5 t4 w1 i4 a2 l7,

Monster:
Strigoi vampire     3/3 ( they are light blue cute monster/vampire a little taller than human) m6 ws7 bs5    s5 t5    w3 i7 a4 l10

Artillery:
Screaming skull catapult  4/4    it has now BS4 :O a little improvment

Well, i have to say that ALL UNDEAD UNITS are unbreakbale and have skeleton flag, wight and wraith dont destroy if routed, because now they dont rout Tongue but remeber that now all atributes are updated to 7th edition , that means that wight dont have 4 w now they have 1w , but never rout and have skeleton flag... well i hopeyou are interested enought, is posibly that i add lustria in the next days... cya

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:28:58 AM by Darkmancer » Logged

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »

Rules:

Well after playing lots of tournaments and wining exp in the game issues the rules are few and basic:

For the army editing
1 first of all , each player can make 1 and only 1 army per race, he cant make armys during the tournament.
2 you can have only one heroe regiment of each kind, cant repeat. example (you can have a shaman goblin and a grimor, and a orc shaman if you wish Tongue , but not 2 grimor regiments)
the undead is a special case, due that manfred have magic, and he is a mounted vampire, you have to choose between manfred or the normal vampire, then you can put the necromancer if you wish
3 you can only repeat 3 times a squad,  exept zombies, goblins, snotlings and haldbeiders (you can make all what you wish of that units).

Before start:
1 the hoster choose the map from the map list (first choose one player, then the other)
2 races can be used once per player round of combats (2 or 3 depending how many players are in th group)

Ingame:
If a player have 4 or less regiments (without mage) and the enemy have one mage with flying ability, the player with that mage can do what ever he wants , exept teleport, he can run , walk, dance, cast any magic exept the teleport one, unless the other player admit defeat Tongue

this rule was created because playing against a guy in hamachi i was with 5 regiments of infantery with undead, and the guy had 1 vampire with teleport and,,,, well they was 15 minute trying to catch the vampire , and guees what, i cuoldnt , as we know the pathfinding is not pretty cool in Dark omen engine so now you do what you want exept teleport.

victory = 2 points
draw= 1 point (example:1mage against a infantery unit that have spell esater shield, etc, etc)

the battles are= 2 if in the group there are 4+ players, and 3 battles if in the group there are 3- players, that means that final and semifinal are 3 battles between each player as in 3th and 4th place too.

any suggestions ?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:18:33 AM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:02:55 AM »

Do vampires and ghouls have the skeleton flag? (Ghouls not so bad but vampires?)
Wrights seem pointlees now unless they've gotten some stat increases elsewhere.

Snotlings have 3 wounds and 3 attacks? I thought they were smaller than goblins?

Maybe also include that whilst you still have other none routing units besides you mage (except endlessly retreating calvary, etc) you can still teleport.  For situations like, mage + 2 squads of halberdiers vs 4 squads of blood dragons/black knights, you'd have to wipe out the halberdiers first.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:08:27 AM by Darkmancer » Logged

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 01:06:21 AM »

hey darkmancer, did you read that i said that the game now have 7th edition rules:S , do oyu know that snotling are 6 big bases with lots of snotling, one base have like 6 little snotling that count has one unit with 3 wounds and 3 atacks? do you? and i repeat do you know how to read and corroborate things?

all undead units have skeleton flag, because all they are dead now, vampires are not living beings, they are undead, they (undead) have skeleton flag but they are unbreakable now so that change tactics a little.

look i teach you with a photo.

do oyu see? there a re 6 snotling in each base, you said "
Snotlings have 3 wounds and 3 attacks? I thought they were smaller than goblins?"

yes thet are smaller if the base have 6 snotling and have 3 atacks that means that each snotling have 0,5 atacks. i hope you could understand..

No, it doesnt mathers if the player with the mage  have any other units, waht mathers here, is that the others play have 4- units (without mage) so the other player with the mage , or the mage+ anyunits looks very very very very dificult to kill, what you said, makes the game harder to the player without mage.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:18:58 AM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 04:20:48 AM »

Yes I do know how to read and corroborate things.  However I do not have the 7th edition rules, thus i post questions on here, there is no need to be a twat about it.

"No, it doesnt mathers if the player with the mage  have any other units, waht mathers here, is that the others play have 4- units (without mage) so the other player with the mage , or the mage+ anyunits looks very very very very dificult to kill, what you said, makes the game harder to the player without mage. "
Not really you just need to kill off the other units, the problem with the mage teleport rule is when the 4 units in question are very powerful. There are situations especially in low GP games where it can be abused simply by picking 4 very powerful units instead of 5+ normal ones, if you don't want to make the rule more complicated fair enough.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:36:17 AM by Darkmancer » Logged

CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:25:45 AM »

As an aside, and because I'm bored and lonely, here's how I'd tentatively structure a 7th Edition Dark Omen Army list. (Copied and pasted from my notepad file as I mused)

Empire List -

Mage Lord - (Level 4) Fire

Elector Count - Mounted
(Default Unit Size 10, Max size 20)

Elector Count - On Foot
(Either Swordsmen, or Greatswords) (Greatswords immunue to fear? Great Weapons)
(Default Unit Size 20, Max Size 30)

Minor Mage - (Level 2) Fire (alone)

Minor Mage - (In a Unit 15 - 20 swordsmen)

Empire Captain - (In a unit of Swordsmen)

Swordsmen - 20-30 Swordsmen

Halberdiers - 10 Halberdiers

Longbowmen - 10 Longbowmen

Crossbowmen - 10 Crossbowmen

Greatswords - 10 - 20 Greatswords. (Something to Represent Stubborn, Immunue fear? Great Weapons))

Knights - 5 - 15 Knights (Flails to represent lances, Horses, Knights of the Realm model).

May have one Unit of Inner Circle Knights, also 5 - 15 (But with Improved strength, and idential bonuses.)

Mortar

Cannon.

0- 1 Flagilants
Unbreakable, flails
Unit Size 10 - 20

0-  1 Steamtank

Undead List -

Vampire Lord (In Wright Unit)

Vampire Lord (In Cav Unit)

Vampire Lord (Alone)

Necromancer (Alone)

Necromancer (In Skellie Unit)

(Options for Wight Lord in Skellie Unit too?)

Skellies-
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble
(Skellie Unit Size - Default 10, max 30.)

Zombies -
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble
(Zombi Unit Size - Default 20, Max 30)

Wraiths -
Cause Fear, Etherial, Unbreakable, Crumble, Great Weapons,
(Wraith Unit Size, Default 3, Max 9)

Wrights -
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, Wright Weapons)
(Wright Unit Size - Default 10, Max 20)

Ghouls -
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, (Posion?)
(Ghouls - Default 10, Max, 25.)

Black Knights,
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, Lances (Flails) Mounted, Etherial Steeds
(Default Size 10, Max size 20.)

Blood Knights,
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, Lances, (Flails) Mounted
(Dfault Size 5, Max Size 10.)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »

Trolls               3/3 (now, as the 7th edition rules, they are inmune to sicology)

what is sicology? only immune to fear/terror? odoes the yahve resistance to magic?

hell yes finally vampire is a single battle unit. my dreams come ture, see my suggestion about removing magic from vampire

on a side note, skeleton flag seems pretty OMFG change, esp for wights, they mostly were there for a meatshield.

waht i really need to know:

- prices for regiments
- would be item priced get balanced as at FO?

p.s. lol i really love how lordbrapus describing things. everythign getting so clear (udnerstanadble). its like he repeating some thing (so your mind easier to memorize it) from tiem to time, even though he used to switch another topic. like he was talking about  skeleton flag and then he tell you things again (for betetr udnerstanding). its just like constantly trying to deliver one simple thing (how to better memorize). i really like they way how he uses it, its pretty much easier to catch things and not forget things. and better udnerstand.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 03:17:33 PM »

*Blinks*

Holycrap, that reminds me Al...

Trolls have magic immunity, yes? But I don't remeber there being an 'Semi immune to magic' option in W32edit. Have we not figured out how to switch that?

And I'm pretty sure he means psychology, as trolls are 'Stupid' making them immunue to psychology. (Alas in DO, the closest we can do is, 'immunue to fear.' Although really they should be immunue to fear, terror, and panic...
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

"Semi immune to magic" Comes from having troll armour i think.  There is an immune to magic flag thou its a little proactive (it seems to like dispelling spells that don't even contact the unit with the flag).

An alternative solution is to select no items flag then equipe the unit with a banner.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »

beware that as for tryn to make rules as for how a ruleset is used in a tournament does not mean it will be so.
As the organizer i will make adjustments if there are things that turns out to be impractical, and the point system used in a tournament is individual to each tournament depending how the fixtures are.
An example is that there can be no draws in a tournament battle, players can agree to start a battle over if they hit a stalemate, fair enough same as if a game crash's.

other than that, continue to devoted work Smiley

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »

like flaks says about hte game engine, crashes bugs and all that stuff,  i did those simply rules . and thats all for now...

alavet, the troll are unbreakable now, because they are stupid, that rule is not in w32 edit but now the cause terror, regenerates wounds, are unbreakable and costs 1200  3/3
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:29:15 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 04:52:23 AM »

Hmm, thanks for the pointers Darkmancer. The zero items but equipped with an anti magic banner strikes me as particularly creative. Will the unit still drop said banner when it dies?

'Troll Armour' dispelling magic also sounds frightfully interesting. How well do you think it functions as regular armour? A sort of no armour but with imput dispell, and then Regeneration being represented by the Regeneration tag?

Could have some fun with that...

On a sidenote, I made a so far semi successful total conversion of the current Empire Army list directly into Dark Omen, Captains and all!

(It was doubted that adding a single empire captain to a Unit would make a difference on the Dark Omen Engine. This was proved -extremely- untrue...)

Anyone up for playtesting a direct Fantasy to Dark Omen conversion? Should have undead done by the end of tommrow, and Empire's definatly ready for a through playtesting. (Costs to balence mostly.)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 07:01:47 AM »

hey Ramiro, could you please add up prices for the units. We need prices for the units to try to correct balance if possible before tournament. cause you know w/o prices its hard to balance so we need to have prices to balance it.

did you udnerstand me? i mean, with prices we can really see if its balanced or not, and change it if need. so if you can get prices out we possibly will balance it, you know.

hope you put out some prices out there. kisses!

p.s. dont forget about prices! we need 'em!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »

so prices?  Grin

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »

just put screaming skull catapult at right price or other 2 races will have really hard time Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: