April 26, 2024, 04:49:35 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dark Omen Modding Noob Needs Help  (Read 4092 times)
NuttyMonk
Troll

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »

Hi all,

i'm in chapter 3 of Dark Omen just now but after coming across this site i'd like to mod my current version (the original one) so that i can get better graphics and sound.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to do that?  Currently i don't have the option (i think) to use 3D graphics in the settings.

What kind of patches do i need to install to uprate all of the graphics and sounds to the best you have to offer and increase the resolution to a more contemporary size (i.e. not 640 x 480)?

Links to specific posts on the forum would probably be enough with a short description of why i need them.

Also, i don't want to screw up my current campaign as it's going really well so any advice on that would be great.

Cheers

NM
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »

Hello, the 3D-System of Dark Omen is broken on all newer systems so there is also no known way to enable it without graphical glitches.
(@olly I know that you can remove the flicker by using a 100hz monitor, but under Win7 besides the flicker there are also lots of random black spots / graphic errors on the map).

There is also no reliable to increase the resolution to more then 640x480. We also don't have any highres texture packs, sorry. Sad

So you must life with the nostalgic graphics

hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:18:08 PM »

There is also no reliable to increase the resolution to more then 640x480. We also don't have any highres texture packs, sorry. Sad

Maybe it's possible to make your own texture pack? 

NuttyMonk
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »

So, would i be right in saying that all of the mods here are for new armies/units/items and they can also include new single person campaigns and new maps for multiplayer battles?

Cheers

NM
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »

Welcome to the Dark Omen Community, it's a great time to join ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: