April 24, 2024, 01:35:53 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can´t get this to run  (Read 4676 times)
Sensenschmied
Troll

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »

Hello,

I have some problems getting this to run, maybe you can help me.  Smiley

See this picture
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=doagom.jpg
What I´ve tried:
If I click on setup, it crashes and says Setup.exe stopped working.
If I extract the contents in a folder and put d3drm.dll in the prg_eng folder and try to start it with eng_rel.exe it says the installation is broken.
I´m running Vista 64bit.

What am I supposed to do?
Thanks
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:24:11 AM »

Hi and Welcome, it's a Great Time to join our community ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

As for your Dark Omen installation error, read our Help Guide

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7-game-fixes-t111.0.html

and maybe try right clicking on Setup.exe and selecting to Run as Administrator, otherwise u may have a broken download. Please let us know if this works, since alot of players successfully run Vista/Win7 64 bit with Dark Omen.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Sensenschmied
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »

Thanks for the advice. Yes, it was a broken download  :Smiley Tried 2 sources but it seems they both had the same content, only in different packaging. I´d also like to point out that I bought this game fair & square when it was new Wink

Anyways: I have another problem. I installed it and it seems to run fine, with one exception: The videos only have sound, but the screen stays black.
I experienced this with another old game I played again recently- Z from the bitmap brothers. But it is impossible that this game uses the same video codec as Z for that used .jv which was exclusive to the game Z.
What could this be? :/ I don´t experience this in modern games or with any video files.
My DO Folder has ~270 MB, the image ~750.
I did install the intro fix.

€: Your rolleyes smile is broken  Tongue

€²: Well I´ve found a program which can play the files. So now I have to try and listen to the video being played, then alt + tab and figure out to which file that corresponds, since the names don´t hint at the order. Lol... oh well, it´s better than nothing but ideas are still welcome.  
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:23:36 AM by Sensenschmied » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:34:10 AM »

Glad we made progress and if the Intro Crash fix hasn't worked then you need to check your registry->

) Download  The Intro Crash Fix for both Vista and XP and run it.
    http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/5.-miscellaneous/intro-crash-fix.html

However, for Vista 64,  the regedit settings need to be in
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options]
    and not in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options
    "Selected"="1"
    "SoftwareSelected"="228"
    where  the Fix tries to place them. Manually create New String Data "Selected"="1" and"SoftwareSelected"="228"
    if they are missing from your Options Folder (perhaps due to Admin Permission and may be in Virtual Store).
HKEY_USERS\<User SID>_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen
HKEY_USERS\<UserSID>_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen

Please let us know if this helps.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Sensenschmied
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:42:34 AM »

Thanks but that was already as it should be. When you download the intro fix you can choose between a regular and a 64 version Wink
It doesn´t crash either, it´s just that the vids show no picture. But it doesn´t matter, all I have to do is alt+tab and view them externally. Everything else works fine.

Thanks for your help Wink
I shall enjoy the campaign and then come back to all the great mods here Cool
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:23:32 AM by Sensenschmied » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: