May 17, 2024, 06:04:30 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid).  (Read 32227 times)
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2009, 07:37:16 PM »

Yay.
That's easy.

Troops selection :
Ice Mage with the wand and the book if possible (but it's hard to have this guy level 2).
Crossbowmen with Ptolos.
Morgan and his calvalery.
And anything you want. Elf bowmen and the canon make it easier, the steam tank too. Don't forget plenty of canon fodder. x)

First, don't move. Don't. Move. Ever.
You'll have to destroy the first regiments (skeletons bowmen, that's all). => Ptolos + Ice shield
Soon, you'll see a few mummies regiments.
That was easy.

Then, wipe the two standing mummies regiments standing at the center. The crossbowmen can do it alone. They'll not move if you're far enough.

The necromancer should be dead at this time.

Next, look at the map, you'll find 3 catapults (I assume there is no Hand nor Black Grail, eh Wink ).
If you destroy one of the right, the dread King will charge, with all the mummies (4 regiments)... Don't do it ofc, these mummies are level 4.
If you destry the one of the left, the Dread King will charge alone. Better, but still not easy.

Take your IceMage... And 'tornado' the Dread King. He has a magic protection, but you can heard him when he's hurted. And yes, you can kill him with that. The tornadoes can cross the map, ehe.

Then, kill the remaining skel' archers with tornado, and when there is nothing left, apart of the catapults, finish the job (the catapults have a somewhat short range) and charge with everything against the mummies.

See you, space scorpion !
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 12:24:53 AM »

I tend to use close combat units mostly as those damn Mummies are too tough to be hurt by arrows, but sometimes will flee if facing too many enemies. I use the Steam Tank & the Firemage alot, pistoleers too. The crossbowmen are usually so high a level that they do well in hand to hand combat too.

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »

I tried it yesterday.

I think that Fire mage is really good ( Conflagration of Doom, Crimson Bands and the other fire spells really help to kill these damned mummies).
Well, Morgan is obvious.
Surprisingly, Elven bowmen are bad, they always shoot behind the undead troups. But i lokked for their Statistic, are they good in contact fight?
Mortar is a must have.
But, according to my mind, the key unit is the Outlaw Pistoliers, i killed 50% of the Undead with them, Catapult, bowmens ( thanks to ptolos), mummies ( they are resistant, but really slow, so long to kill but not dangerous), the necromancer ( who didn't want to die, despite Crossbowmen/Elven Bowmen/Mortal/Pistoleers/Meteor Tongue, and the Dread King, right in the back, unfortunately 0,5 seconds after he killed Morgan :/

So, I Think I will retry with, of course, Morgan with Runefang, Pistoleers with Arcana Banner and Ptotlos, some contact troups ( Ragnar, Ogres, Flagelants, Dwarves ( unexperimented because they are too slow, but resistant), Grail Knights, Fire Mage, Mortar and Crossbowmen to reduce the opponent troups before they reach your contact troups. ( Don't like Tordado tech Wink ).
Canon disapointed me, and the Tank have a too short range to be really usefull.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 03:49:08 PM »

So, I Think I will retry with, of course, Morgan with Runefang,
Canon disapointed me, and the Tank have a too short range to be really usefull.

Tank is very useful to prevent the archers from shooting at your other units ^^.
And we are not really sure but it looks like that the runefang damage to undead is halfed and not doubled.

Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »

Why do you say that runefang seems to do half damages and not double?
Have you seen this problem with empirical experiences?

Concerning the tank, what do you mean exactly?
And can he charge, crushing enemies, like this is written in the notice?
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »

Yes.

Yes.

Btw, saying elves are bad archer is bullshit. : O

See you, space scorpion !
Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:09 PM »

They're not bad archers, they just are archers, meaning no direct fire.
I prefer crossbow direct fire or powerfull hit, like the mortar.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »

Yes.
No, we (I) never tested it but it looks like (because units with runefang are always really bad)

Yes.
No, I mean just drive near the archers and they will follow the tank and "attack" him (you can use his cannon to kill the enemy (or CHARGE!!!))

Btw, saying elves are bad archer is bullshit. : O
Against fast units the Crossbows are better but on the other hand the elves shoot much faster (and you can also set every target manual if you have enough time for it (guess where the enemy will be when your arrows reach the ground), (same with mortar but mortar is easier to control imo))

100!!!

Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »

The problem, in this mission, is that you don't have much time to manage Elven, and Mortar, and Crossbow, and Tank, and mage(s) when some mummies attack you, on the left and on the right, in the same time :/
I'll try the Charge with tank :p

10 Cheesy

Edit : Ok, I tried the Tank charge : powerfull, but slow, easy to kill for any Necromancer, and need a micro-management harder than the Pistoleers. Nevertheless, with Crimson Bands, it can be very deadly, I think.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:13:58 PM by Kyjja » Logged
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »

there is a kinda flaw with the steam tank, sometimes the AI will acturly almost try to charge the Dampfpanzer  Wink

ive seen it in my dwarf missions, not too good a feature but it can help you win a bit unfairly i always feel sorry for the AI it doesnt know how much trouble it gets it self in lol

else than that i find that with 2 mummie regiments from 2 sides does give enough time to manually control the ranged weapons and mages. i tend to leave out the eleven archers and when the battles rages then focus on the mage and the steam tank to attempt a "run em dun"

mummies are annoying well resilient to ranged weapons anyway, to make them flee if the icemage has "hawks of miska" also works sometimes.

Really tho i have to say that i dont win all the time not at all it kinda comes down to lucky, how many casualties did the first attack claim before i can bombard all their idel troops standing in open sight and that damn necromancer who keeps teleporting aboot

I often place the steam tank in the direct path of the dreadking and try to run him down sometimes it works other times he shoots into scrapmetal

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

huks
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 01:11:46 AM »

I remember always beating this map by just running over the goddamn king with steam tank.
Daviwolfy
Night Goblin

Why to buy one when you can buy two for double?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 07:48:01 AM »

There is another method Smiley...BruteForce.

Use Steam Tank, a Wizard with the Banner of Wrath and the best 8 units you have.
Especially a great cavalry unit with Runefang (this unit will kill the King).

At start, move the 8 units up to the King. Try to attack with prescindible units to the mummies in the way and charge with all unit you can to King (of course unit of cavalry with RuneFang).

You will kill The King, but all your army will be flee or dead really fastly.

Now you must use the steam tank and of course the wizard moving all the map and killing mummies level 4 with magic and steamtank.

Note: Is is Gobling Campaing, then must survive the shaman. No problem, but if it is original campaign, the cavalry must survive. this is difficul, but possible.

Byer Wink

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 10:30:11 AM »

are you talking of a mad charge with all the troops?

lol and that works?

i use strategies to let them come and attack me

Daviwolfy
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 11:01:20 AM »

Yes, it works... really stupid attack i thought, but effective, because all the enemies are less fast than you and can move for all the map activating banner of wrath and launching magic, and using the steamtank like a wall....you put the wizard near steamtank and when mummies charge, you move the steamtank over and destroy them.

The only one problem is that you must kill ALL units of the map, then you will spend a lot of time in this last battle...but finally win Smiley

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 11:45:58 AM »

hehe it sounds interesting but also rather insane, im gonna have to try it

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: