April 26, 2024, 06:30:41 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid).  (Read 32098 times)
Daviwolfy
Night Goblin

Why to buy one when you can buy two for double?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »

It is really insane, but think about the great history of DarkOmen...

/Freak mode on/

You are Captain Bernard....you have a lot of warmen under your orders and after more than twenty battles in your life and some years with them, you finally found the powerful enemy that are very very superior in number...proportion of 3 to 1...but will be the last chance for the man to kill him.

After a lot of battles defeating the most terrific undead armies for the ancient world you and your men are really exhausted and you think will be impossible to win this battle and come back home....but maybe you can destroy The King. If could destroy King, the menace of all world will be eliminated...then before the Final Battle i see with my troops and scream them...:

"Soldiers!!!....Knights!!!!.....and Friends too.....there is no exit for us....Maybe all of us will die here today....but if we are here if for anything....if gods let us go here and at this moment is because we have the last oportunity of men to save this dammed world.....we are the only who can do this.....and must be do now!!!.......No gold!!! No treasures!!! Only for an opportunity to our world and our people.......Well, my soldiers!!!....Who wants to save this world? Who wants to be a real hero? Who wants to live for ever?"

........The King died...but the cost was too much expensive.....centuries of heroes fell this day....

/Freak mode off/

Wink

Why to buy one when you can buy two for double?
sonansu
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »

I always use Imperial Steam Tank to ran over The Dread King and the mummies Grin
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 07:48:41 AM »

well i hvnt actually remebered how i processed this mission but it was not tank, not at all.
i guess i just stayed an killing all of these waves, then i provoked lord to go (alone) and kill him (rather easilly). i processed this map only one time though, but my brother also hvnt used tank or anything..

the most important units at this map are our cavalry, mortair, mage and crossbowmen.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Creatx
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »

LoL

All you need is the Bright Wizard, and some nerves Tongue

Warhammer: Dark Omen - Last Mission - w/ ONLY Cavalry&WizardLQ | LQ+ | by Aeva
Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »

Really LONG game.

Have done this fight with Pistoliers and a Hit n Run strategy. Very long fight, too.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 06:42:39 AM »

Daviwolfy 

very nice brave story Smiley

hey Flak have you ever managed to win last mission in your own cmpaing? (i mean not that hit-n-run  manner but somehting other way?)
i just wondering.

these mummises sooo goddamn strong.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Gronx
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

In the process of going through the campaign again, the last time I did that was shortly after the DO release (ages ago). Back then, I remember that I managed to complete the last battle with only commander Bernhard and the stank alive at the end. I did the "charge everything into Nagash, apart from pistols with ptolos going for the catapults. I managed to kill Nagash, but at the same time I lost almost all my units. The end result of that was something like all their archers/catapults/spellcasters dead, but all the mummies + a few other infantry things alive at the end, me with bernhard and the tank. So, I placed the tank in the middle of everything, while bernhard ran in circles around them with his grudgebringer sword shooting fireballs, while the tank used the cannon to slowly kill all the mummies. It took over an hour, but I won.

Nowadays, I guess I'd stay back as usual, hope my firemage have wings and firestorm (for catapults) and pick the army apart piece by piece.
bangsunei
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »

Okay it's really long time since i played this map ( i just installed the game on my computer again Cheesy ) but i won it just then the game came out and i was very young and i tryed a whole night to win it and i made it at last.

the one thing i remember i did was killing the dread lort simply by driving him over with the steam tank  Smiley
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 03:15:34 PM »

the one thing i remember i did was killing the dread lort simply by driving him over with the steam tank  Smiley
The terror of the world was killed by a tractor.....

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »

I found this one easy when I replayed the campaign.
The primary units are Fire Mage, Elves, Stank, and Strong Melee Units.

The Mummy units come in pairs if you trigger them right. Thus you have to divide your forces appropriately. Try to fry the mummies down to half with the fire mage, then engage them with a strong meele unit in the front, and another in the back. Works splendidly.

The Elves are great at cleaning out the archers.

Stank is there for two things: Shooting the two mummy regiments that just stand there in the open, and killing the Dreadlord.

Soooo:
0) Never move ahead, only advance one regiment to activate the unit triggers, then retreat away from enemy fire and deal with them in a controlled envirionment.
1) Wipe out the first two mummy regiments (Flame and fight)
2) Shoot the two first skellie archers.
3) Keep an eye out for the necro, eventually You`ll get him with the banner of Wrath/and or flaming head or the bright beam thing if you time it.
4) advance a bit and deal with the next two mummies
5) Use the Stank and its cannon to kill the two stupid mummy regiments (Or cut them down to size)
6) Wipe out more skellies
7) Advance even a bit further and kill the two last mummy regiments
Cool Trigger the Dread Lord, kill him in some entertaining fashion (Like the Stank)
9) Wipe out the Screaming Skulls
10) Victory!

On vacation
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »

The terror of the world was killed by a tractor.....

And this is why the Undead outlawed farming.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 11:22:48 AM »

late but sure , i just used all cavaleries attacking from behind to make them fle: , ragnar, morgan, knights of realm, and pistoliers sometimes, then i used ice mage to maximun with book and staf, mortar cannon crossbowmen grudgbringer infantery , longswordman, and flagelants all in the left left left corner , the cavaleries with pistoliers to the right corner atacking from behind to mumies while my left armie hold the line :O
ice mage rocks

ito maquiesves
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

'Wanna an ice cream, my Lord ? Tongue

See you, space scorpion !
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 10:26:21 PM »

i killed 4 black grial with one of that tornado :O

ito maquiesves
Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 01:56:08 AM »

The last time I played this battle, I smashed Dread-King with a Tank, hehe. That was funny. I didn't know that's possible.
He, of course, casted speels against the Tank, while they were heading each other, but I covered the tank with dispells vigorously by Luther.

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: