April 26, 2024, 06:44:37 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 133318 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 06:39:16 PM »

i have just increased the cost for flaggelants, no 1 grail wont win, but 1 wight with banner prolly will, flaggelants are weak if outnumbered because they only have 9 men.

Also they are the only slightly better troops empire has, as empire has 2 basic infantry units other than them.

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »

p.s. after few futher test we see that orcs really suck they dont have any "special" units liek fanatics /elven archers/flagellants/mummies etc and higly suffer from low moral. level2 for some regiments of orcs definately should be used. or perhars shaman lvl3 instead of lvl other units - why not? orc magic suck and 7k armies are huge

flaggelants are weak if outnumbered because they only have 9 men.
i completely agree.

but they not outnumbered when facing with attack of like 5-6 remaining goblins after few shots of mortair? btw! i have just great idea about mortairs & artillery!
what if we restrict any MANUAL shots with mortairs/lobbers (untill all armies are engaged in battle or other logical rule) how do you think?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:52:07 PM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »

Maybe we should limit the units who are unbreakable, maybe max 2, so you can have 2 flags or 1 unit+defiance and 1 flag.

And 2 mortars are ridiculous, and they are to cheap or my lobbers are to expensive because they cost the same and lobber is not near as good.

Maybe in addition to what I've said increase the cost of flags because 560 is really a bargain.

I don't really know what could make orcs better, maybe increase unit size or increase lvl? And why not make the green wizzards an higher lvl because their magic is worse then any other.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »

ive always felt that rock lobber is the best artillery in the game, maybe i am wrong, it has longer range
orc magic is also rather powerful esp like "ere we go" and fist of gork so that would be too over powered

hold on with orcs and empire armies i will make a few improvements
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:00:49 PM by Flak » Logged

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 06:39:23 AM »

and not to bee a dick but necros seems very strong at this moment (for 7k armies, for 5k they're maybe weak, lol).

see what i did with necros:
mummy+banner
necro+wand
x3 cavalry
x2 skelly archers
x2 skeletons
x1 wraights.

Huh??

PROFIT!

how can you beat this army with anything? maybe some treemans can handle it (not sure). guess mortairs + flagellants might kill them. what orc army you expect might beat such armybuild as above pls advice me. (you need to do several vital mistakes with Necros to lose vs orcs. maybe it's tougher agaisnt gobbos but still.)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 02:49:22 PM »

I have two "questions" about the moves:

alavets move:

G1 moves from 2-12-I to 2-10-I
G3 moves from 3-9-I to 2-6-I

is it allowed to move 2 fields in his own country and than make one move in a new country?

Flaks moves:

UN1 moves 3-6-C to 2-8-B

There is no army at 3-6-C o.O

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »

and not to bee a dick but necros seems very strong at this moment (for 7k armies, for 5k they're maybe weak, lol).

see what i did with necros:
mummy+banner
necro+wand
x3 cavalry
x2 skelly archers
x2 skeletons
x1 wraights.

Huh??

PROFIT!

how can you beat this army with anything? maybe some treemans can handle it (not sure). guess mortairs + flagellants might kill them. what orc army you expect might beat such armybuild as above pls advice me. (you need to do several vital mistakes with Necros to lose vs orcs. maybe it's tougher agaisnt gobbos but still.)

in my Necro tests ive suffer bad defeats, mummies have dies easy due to their slow speed and skeletons die fast if the enemy doesnt flee, i guess we will see.

I plan to make an update some turns into the game when we know more.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »

I have two "questions" about the moves:

alavets move:

G1 moves from 2-12-I to 2-10-I
G3 moves from 3-9-I to 2-6-I

is it allowed to move 2 fields in his own country and than make one move in a new country?

Flaks moves:

UN1 moves 3-6-C to 2-8-B

There is no army at 3-6-C o.O

Yes in friendly (own or allied) territories you can move 2 fields, in neutral or hostile you move 1

i have corrected my numbers thanks

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »

I have made adjustments to empire and orc

Orcs
Orcs now have +2 troops in boars, biguns and arrers. Orc boyz have +4 troops
They have 4 trolls in a gang (before 3)
Barbarian Cavalry now has 18 (before 16)

Empire
Flaggelants cost 720 not 520 and only 2 allowed per army

Please all download the files
WHF & Cholio, i will not force you to make new armies with new cost when game has started unless you want to, but i do demand that flaggelants be kept to 2 per army, so a 3rd may be sold and replaced.

ALL DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP
* conquest31.zip (10.79 KB - downloaded 355 times.)

* conquest31.zip (10.79 KB - downloaded 355 times.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:49:27 PM by Flak » Logged

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »

ALSO
Be aware of this rule addition we made last game, you may decide not to use militia armies but it is possible

Militia armies
An addition to the army rules is the militia army.
If a Capitol or depot which is unprotected gets attacked, then the population will rise against the invaders. The militia army will not be featured on the battlefield and only exist for the purpose of one battle. The general idea is to not allow small defeated armies to bypass the real armies and take vital lands, the rule is in effect to promote battle. If a capitol or depot is attacked by a real army then do not exspect to do more than a dent, the militia is not spose to be able to defend against a full army only to scare off small armies.
The militia armies will be made up from 3000 gc and also has a few restrictions as follows.
Militia Army Restrictions
No mages
No cavalry
No UU Units
Max 2 bow or artillery regiments
Max 1 monster
Max 1 item (Potion of Strength does not count as an item)

Cholio
Ogre

Human Emperor

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »

Luckily i only have 2 flags each in my armies Smiley

"There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt."

All hail the inquisition. Wink
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2009, 10:22:10 PM »

Lets say I would be able to get a second UU-Depot in this turn
Is there any use for me to have it?

Imo it should allow me to buy a second UU in my armies but the elven druid limit is 1... same is btw for Grail Knight

Isn't it possible to increase the number? It's already difficult enough to have more then 1 and not having any advantage (except weaken the enemy) is bad :/.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2009, 05:18:15 AM »

There is a bonus for being the first to capture 2 UU ters, aswell as the fact there is only 5 UU ters and 7 players so having 2 UU ters will keep many enemies from getting UUs and that in itself is useful.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2009, 09:35:42 AM »

question/suggestion:

i guess the first lost player should be able to play again for the current grey side, but we need implement few rules about that:

- "grey" player shouldbt be able to attack his 'destroyer" or his ally for at least 2-3 turns.
- "grey" player should choose another nation, than he played before.

how do u think?

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2009, 10:19:22 AM »

Could you make the two green colours more distinct? They're virtually identical on my laptop. I was like, "*****, he conquered that much already?!"...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: