April 19, 2024, 02:52:05 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 133243 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 09:30:02 AM »

by the way, what about re-naming topic of Conquest from "Multiplayer Campaing / Overview to osmething like "AMAZING CONQUEST" or whatever.

i'd have troubles to find this topic if im not using "search new posts" function.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 01:08:18 PM »

This is not a bad plan, but it is above my level to do so (i think) Shocked

Maybe: Dark Omen Conquest, sub txt: Conquer the world of Warhammer

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 11:46:26 AM »

Hello! Maybe this time we dont write something like that at start :

Flak Allied Moves

But we gonna make names for our kingdoms and write something like :

The Bogenhafen vampires

It's only a proposition.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »

that is a good idea, just as long as its names that are not too wierd hehe

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2009, 01:47:13 PM »

hey Flak i think (since there is more players and its get to a little more serious level) you need to post all armies cost/levels/permissions (and perhars stats) in one single topic so we might balance it.

and you'd also need to keep changelog so we might see how everythign changed from what etc.. since i guess there might be some minor and evne some major in balance during Conquest. for now i think we need to test Necros strongly and maybe weaken goblins just a lttle (or tweak orcs? we played 2 battles with whfreak vercus his orcs and i won with losing only 1-2 regiments per battle). maybe allow not all troops of gobbos7k be a lvl2, just some of them (shaman is okish with lvl2 cause he suck anyway).

also why we start 7k battles? its "fine" by me but sitll isnt it too huge? (especially with all this crap like "escaping from the battlefield"?

maybe we need to restrict armies to escape from battle to x1-x2 times max per army life?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 02:59:54 PM »

i havnt made any major changes, only what we spoke of after last game.
but i will try to keep a log in future. All the unit info is in the rulebook.

Ive tested necro's, they seem ok, i was playn nitrox and his vamps, so i cant fully base their strength on those battles, but they seem able to stand their ground, i also need to learn to use them better.
What kinda weakening for goblins did you consider? you have played them more so give me your suggestion, maybe not have fanatics be lvl 2?
As for orcs i dont know, i mean they now have 2 trolls per regiment and cheaper cavalry than before, what could we do? make orc boys lvl2?

If we use 5000 which i like myself, we may face the same as before, an army that grows strong beyond what even 3 5000 armies can match, with 7000 we found that even strong XP armies wasnt sure of winning vs a new army.
Defeated armies may be disbanded and if they dont have 4 survivors they are forced to disband. In most cases a defeated army isnt capable of fighting another battle and is better of being disbanded and a new build anyway.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »

yes fanatics to 1lvl is a nice idea. it will'nt stop me from using them anyway, though.

as for orcs i actually dunno. need futher test by orcs, - maybe they're good and whfreak doesnt use them rpoperly? even though they're kidna "boring" since they dont have any special units in it...what about adding up some unit for them like orc boars *by olly)?

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »

It may well be I don't use orcs propperly.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 09:13:40 PM »

but it will make them a lil weaker, however how will goblins do vs undead if we make them weaker?

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »

what about fix map in locations:
2-2-B and 1-6-B
3-7-D & 2-3-E
3-17-B & 2-4-C
3-1-E &2-9-E
3-8-I & 2-4-I
etc etc etc.

i think its disbalanced & illogical.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 11:52:55 AM »

Some Questions about armies:

1. I can create 3 Armies based on 7k having all regiments (in allowed amounts) except the UU (Elven Druid)?

2. When I visit a depot I can immediately buy an UU unit in the army?

3. I can buy up to 5 humanoid and free items per army?

Flak: Is it possible to visit the chat? Have lots of questions about the rules ^^

Oh and why has Nitrox no armies placed on the map? The position is important to think about possible moves of the enemy... And because I'm near Nitrox it's important to have the positions

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 01:15:45 PM »

since i have some time at work i may answer you Smiley

1. I can create 3 Armies based on 7k having all regiments (in allowed amounts) except the UU (Elven Druid)?
>>>>yes

2. When I visit a depot I can immediately buy an UU unit in the army?
>>>> as long as you have UU territory you might buy 1st UU unit (if you have several units, you willnt be able to buy second "rank" of UU untill u have UU territory.
as for redesing army - its possible to add any NEW regiments only at depots and it takes 1 whole turn to stay.

3. I can buy up to 5 humanoid and free items per army?
>>>>you can buy all items of your race and one "free" item and all "upgrade items". but you're limited to 5non-upgrade items per army as max.

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 02:01:25 PM »

Uh...Ghabry is right, i'm dont get any units on map i think it's only mistake, so can you repair it Flak Smiley?
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »

Uh...Ghabry is right, i'm dont get any units on map i think it's only mistake, so can you repair it Flak Smiley?

You start at the D D C points, as the other player do.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 05:54:43 PM »

ok another balance issue just appeared (after another test with whfreak): flagellants really ovepowered. but its not the main point.

main point is that they stack with mortairs = gg to everything.(especially hordes like goblins or orcs). Grails also stands no chance cause x3 flags can kill him easilly, i guess same might be for mummies. ptoloss might be used for allied nation to kill mortairs but its not reasonable item.

it seems that these 2 types of units shouldnt be in one army. its like x3 flagellants = 1 grail (or even better) + mortairs.. ouch!
my suggestion is to restrict usign both units at the same time. either mortairs or flagellants. if it wil show too much weakness (even though i dont "trust" much to armies which they have artillery in their forces) we might apply another rule: 1 flagellants max if mortair used. but i think it should be done only after other tests.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: