March 29, 2024, 01:38:53 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign: RotD Rise of the Dead  (Read 77462 times)
simo001
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 03:08:19 PM »

thankyou! this must have taken you ages to do
livvy
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »

I really liked the feel of the empire troops at the start of this mod.Eagerly i set up my troops and was ready to go,go,go.Then after so many attempts just to get across the river without losing half my army and constant restarts after a few seconds due to a lobber routing my troops and three of my units trying to destroy an archer regt and getting nowhere.I finally gave up.
A great idea and good planning went into the mod, but i have to finaly give up on it.Way too hard, no longer felt a challenge and simply became annoying.
I do not mean to come across a sore loser, but until an update comes out i have to concede defeat:)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 02:39:58 PM »

I made it to the last mission, but 3 Vamps and Fire Mage and all the Grudgebringer are too much^^
livvy
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

I made it to the last mission, but 3 Vamps and Fire Mage and all the Grudgebringer are too much^^

Well done:) I have got onto level three.But, i have only one mage ( of course ) and a single archer and a single gr8sword regt eft.Going to start again and hope for the best:)
livvy
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

No dice! i still havent got off the first level.I have never known a mod so annoying and yet so addictive! full marks to the creator.
After several hrs, i think i will leave it for awhile:)
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

Yes, u have too keep all regiments alive...

Maybe u should replay the regular campaign two or three times and/or u should try to make the first 5 missions without any losses.
kilowic
Mummy

Iron Fist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »

Im afther retaking helmsgart castle with all regiments alive but I want to say to the author: YOUR SICK MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

My GameRanger info:
ID: 1713251
kilowic

I PLAY FAIR OMEN MOD
Debeul
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »

The file isn't online anymore?:/
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »

You can find the file in the Download section Smiley

Debeul
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »

Thx mate
haimerej
2. Place Tournament

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 01:34:19 AM »

just wondering if anyone else is having a crash problem mid battle at the castle of helmgart? is there any known solution?
Demigan
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »

Yeah, so I started the first mission and thought 'no cannon? Nice, no easy luring the enemy in tactics!'
I deployed everything and started the first round. 2 Ballista's kill off 4 units with their shot. While I'm grinding my teeth about losing 4 dudes before the game even started a mortar shell crashes into a regiment killing 15 of the 16.

Yeah this one is the hardest I've played so far.

The map where the enemy has 3 cannons spread in each corner... brutal. All that artillery forces you to act, and keep acting. I realised I was doing more realistic combat with this game than any other game I've ever played. I usually have at least one regiment as reserve for any type of situation, and they happen a lot.

The relative weakness of your units with low armour is both a blessing and a curse throughout the campaign so far. They are all cheap to replace but make one mistake and they end up as kebab. Since you need to destroy armies easily twice as big as yours it's easy  to earn enough money to replace almost all of them even if several regiments are nearly wiped out.

The addition of allied regiments that aren't under your control is very nice, they force a pace on the whole map that I wouldn't expect otherwise. Trying to keep up with the allied regiments to keep them alive and use them as extra punching power is tough but rewarding as opposed to letting them die.

And then those Wights! If you don't use every tactic you have one regiment can kill off 3/4th of your army. My first experience with them all went perfectly smooth with minimal losses until these guys litterally killed off 3 of my regiments before they fled. Even when you are prepared they need a constant rain of arrows, icicles and two rear attacks to kill them off.
And every single damn mage has a WOJ. They are magic piniata's that spray death wherever they look. After my bazillionth try of the square church village I managed to get out with barely any losses. Only the necromancer survived. He retargets my Ice mage unexpectedly and BAM, game over bye bye Ice Mage.

Definitely waiting for the rest of the campaign. This is the type of hard settings I grew up with.
Malus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 10:32:46 PM »

Thx for all the feedback guys!

Its nice to see so much interest to the 5 year old mod after coming back to this page. Wasn't around for quite a while Tongue

I feel a bit sorry for the first mission lobber as it wasn't intented to be there after internal testings. Cause it only leads to reloads/restarts and doesn't add much to the battle. Though its kind of funny how it stood there for all this time. This mission was like my very first attempt to mod the AI, so its also special and more time went into it. But based on the feedback and the fact that i removed it while testing and the huge annoying RNG it should be removed or replaced by a spearthrower.

The lobber RNG was also a reason i used mostly canons for the other missions as they are not that RNG heavy and, at least for me, have a special flavor. I like to see a row impaled or pushed away.

I prefer to go all offense instead of stay and wait for waves. Like to see close clombat and how it turns out. To move a army as a whole. I think most mission reflect this.

To the last mission i have to say it was there to block your from passing and let you die there. The reason was first to get time for the next chapters and second to lead into some "story" thing. Don't want to spoil. Can't believe somebody did beat it  Shocked

Right now i'm at learning to mod the WHMTG script and get this done. I will use this mod to continue so to say i reuse the missions and try to add more to get a new campaign feel. Like you wont see the original path or talking as it doesn't make any sense for this mod.

But i have no idea how to do it now and how much is possible. As far as "new" progress goes, i was able to get count carstein into the first mission, to change him to cast fire spells and do his teleport around thing whitout crash. Of course a had to give him a shaman friend cause 2 mages are cool. So much possible now cause of the CTL script progress. Was really impressed when i first saw the new articles.

Btw i was about to beat my first mission (with lobber) at first try but then it destroyed with its last shot, before getting charged, my greatswords.  :Smiley
And my mage got so many hits by arrows, but didn't die. I was always like "no, thats it" and he, just a blody face telling "they are shooting at us".

This game is fun! I laught at every arrow  Grin

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »

Welcome back and thanks again for the excellent mod. I will publish all my new how to guides, for all our latest tools and give u our mod template which makes it easier to extend into any other kind of mod, as contains everything we have done.

Will really look forward to getting back into the WHMTG script, so please pop into our chat channel, as me and Ghabry always there.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
mafk
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2023, 08:46:01 AM »

Man i havent been here for some 8 years or so and iam stoked to see so much progress in the modding department!! However, how the hell do you get past the first mission in this mod?? 3 artillery units just demolish everything. Any tips?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: