April 19, 2024, 10:20:45 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead  (Read 24954 times)
Kikk
Giant Spider

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2009, 02:19:16 AM »

Greetings.

I recently discovered this website dedicated to DarkOmen. I always liked this game and I still play it now and then. Nice to see the game is still being played and by the looks of it, heavily expanded.

I saw you guys have been making new campaigns for single player. I happen to have three campaign files on my computer which I downloaded years ago (like, in 1998-1999 or so). Since I did not create them myself I can't take credit for anything that's in these campaigns, but of course I can share them with you guys here. =)

All three campaigns just alter the starting units and the new regiments that you will receive as the campaign progresses. One is an elven campaign, another uses orcs and the third one has undead units. No storyline is attached, it's all about playing the original campaign with different factions.

To install:
- Download a campaign file. You can find them at the bottom of this post.
- Go to your darkomen\gamedata\1parm folder
- Make a backup of the file plyr_all.arm, as this file contains the information for which regiments you will receive in the game. The original one has the info for the empire regiments.
- Go to the downloaded campaign file and unzip it to any place you know you can find it back. I like to keep them in the 1parm folder.
- Replace the plyr_all.arm file in your 1parm folder with the file from the downloaded campaign file.
- Starting a new single player campaign now will produce regiments for you of a different faction. =)

If you later decide to play another faction or want the original game back, all you need to do is replace the plyr_all.arm file again.

Enjoy!

* Elven campaign file.zip (1.65 KB - downloaded 963 times.)

* Orc campaign file.zip (1.35 KB - downloaded 831 times.)

* Undead campaign file.zip (1.33 KB - downloaded 965 times.)

* Elven campaign file.zip (1.65 KB - downloaded 963 times.)
* Orc campaign file.zip (1.35 KB - downloaded 831 times.)
* Undead campaign file.zip (1.33 KB - downloaded 965 times.)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »

Welcome!

yeah they probably from the Great DOC111 10 year old collection of mods  by Mikademus, Smurf and others.

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/1.-modding-tools/4.-miscellaneous-tools/index.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Kikk
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 02:50:28 AM »

Yep, its them indeed. The doc111 file has the undead.txt file which I also have. Thanks for notifying me of that file, too. Had not found it yet.

Ah well. Perhaps people can find them more easy now, since they are now posted at the campaigns section on the forum. =)

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 02:21:51 PM »

Ah well. Perhaps people can find them more easy now, since they are now posted at the campaigns section on the forum. =)

Since a year I plan to disassemble the doc111 files, but always something unexpected intervene...

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »

I had theese campaigns once. The undead camp is too easy (black grail+skab sword in the begin is very cool).
The elven campaign is had only 4 units changed as i remember: Core infantry (elf spearman), Cavalry (outlaw pistoliers sprite),
Archers (ye- true elven archers in the begining), Ballista (orc ballista with Semi-elf crew).

<- Just background information for those, who want to play them.

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
Lord Ludwig
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:59:54 PM »

Hi everybody,

I too recently discovered this site - very recently actually, a few hours ago - and immediately grabbed the chance to replay the only RTS game I ever truly liked. Many thanks also to the thread starter for the three alternative "campaigns". I do however remember a very old undead army file which gave you a vampire lord right at the start, able to cast undead spells. I guess it was way overpowered, alas I couldn't find time back then to play it through and now I can't find the file anymore. Does anybody else remember it? It's not the undead army file downloadable from here, which gives you ghouls, skeleton archers, a skull thrower and the black grail.

And another thing while I am at it. It's probably the wrong forum, but is there any mod that allows you to take the treeman to the final battle, yo make him thus a "staying" unit from when he appears (close to the end) to the black pyramid, or maybe even one where you get him from the start?
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »

Hello, Lord Ludwig. Its good to see new member.
About campaign- it isnt too hard to change players reqiments (replacing enemy reqiments is a bit harder), so if you wanna vampire from 1st mission - its easy (you can make it by yourself actually).

- -
- -
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »

And yes, its easy to make treeman permament reqiment. (he can replace any reqiment in fact)

- -
- -
Malus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »

If you want the treeman stays to your army you have two ways:
1.(easy) replace an other permanent unit with the treeman, e.g. the icemage, greatswords (not units like carlson, countess)
Use the WH32Edit tool from this page
2.(hard) change all BTB-files from the missions and make the treeman available-> every map BTBfile says which units(id) can fight at the map. e.g. at 1 mission they are 1,2,3,4
For the treeman these are only the missionfiles after the treemanmission.
The problem! After mission "treeman" the treeman is set to "inactive", so you have to edit the savefile after this mission.
Use the Wh32Edit tool and the BTB-viewer from this page.

I think you havn´t any experience with these tools so i can change the starting armyfile for you and upload this at the forum. Pls let me know which unit you want to change to the treeman. I prefer the greatswords or the dwarfs  Grin
Sorry fans, but who use the dwarfs at the missions? They just stay arround with 0 kills and they are to slow to follow a (fleeing unit!)

greetings malus

"I live to cheat death."
Commander Morgan Bernhardt

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth
Lord Ludwig
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 10:06:15 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Malus, I will try the editor when I find the time, but if meanwhile you're willing to adapt a file for me that would be very kind. If it is not too time-consuming, come to think about it, there are some more units you get only in the end I would like to get earlier... Can you swap them also with some of the 4 you start with? Could you, say, make a file where at the start I get a vampire lord (or if that's not possible the ice mage) instead of the cannon, the pistoliers instead of the infantry, the elven bowmen instead of the crossbows? All that PLUS the treeman in place of the greatswords? If it takes too much time or is complicated obviously only the treeman-greatswords exchange would be fine.

I know this will probably make the campaign too easy, but when the game came out I completed the game several time, so I'm more looking for alternative things than for challenge here. And maybe through the editor also the challenge level can be raised making the enemy stronger or more numerous, right?
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »

Beside that, did you try the sticky campaigns?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Malus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »

There is it!

Treeman>Greatsword
Pistoliers>GrudInfantry
Elves>Crossbows
Vampire>Canon

Just overwrite the "unliked units", you get 2 treeman at the treemanmission, 2 elves if your chose the woodway and so on.

Download the file behind the spoiler.
Unzip the file
Copy the armyfile PLYR_ALL from the special folder into your blabla\Programs\Dark Omen\GameData\1PARM folder

have fun  Grin

"I live to cheat death."

"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Ludwig
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 08:13:16 AM »

Thanks Malus, I'll give it a try later today if I find the time (busy day).

To bembelimen: no, not yet. I will try the orc and the dwarven campaign, however from skimming summarily through those thread I got the (erroneous?) impression they where still in an experimental status. I read something like only one battle being ready, but maybe that referred to an earlier stadium of mod development. Anyway, can they be as easily installed and uninstalled as with the simple substitution of a file?
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »

malus under ur spoiler there are 3files,wich one do i download?
Malus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »

Oh yes, the special folder ofcourse  Grin

now it should work

"I live to cheat death."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: