April 27, 2024, 03:09:44 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DOE Mini tournament Sunday 11/4 17.00 GMT (+0)  (Read 25480 times)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 03:09:01 PM »

third video:

Me vs Olly Dark Elf VS Elf

Things too note: Excellent elf cavalry nearly lost the left flank because of it.  Repeater crossbows - only killed one soldier - however he was a mage, really only worth gp due to the distraction they cause.  Going to try balista next time.
aElfvsDelfpowered by Aeva

I'm encoding another 5 videos now.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »

Okay the last set of videos:

Orc vs Ogre:
I was messing around with ogre lead belchers, I'd probobly done better if I deployed futher away.
Things to note: Orc calvalry getting hit by 4 cannon balls Smiley  Orc Warboss on his own riping Ogre Hunter   4 hunting dogs to pieces Sad
aorcvsogre.avipowered by Aeva

VC vs Chaos
Things to note: VC managed to panic a few chaos units but maged to do very little damage to the high end units, sprit host last a decent while but gradually fell taking precious few with Sad
aVcvsChaos.avipowered by Aeva

VC vs Elves
Note clumping yours elves together leaving no room for manuver is not a good idea Sad
aVCvsElfs.avipowered by Aeva

Ogres vs Gobbos
Note It's a good idea to have a general idea
of the new unit types, I looked at the flag and though squig hoopers were bog standard goblins, and the shaman mage on a spider was just a spider Sad  Getting units jammed on the balista didn't help either (a current bug with DOE which is easily fixed.
ogresvsgobos.avipowered by Aeva

VC vs VC
A bit boring, I didn't know that the sprit host crumblees as it's on of the things Grend forgot to mention Sad I also stuffed up not putting dispel on my necromancer, although to be fair i don't think it made much of a difference, his preformance in all game i played with him has been underwhelming.
VCvsVCpowered by Aeva

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »

Very Cool to watch, many Thnx

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »

A couple of extra things re mod..

a) Check the spreadsheet before the next tournament.  I only checked vampire counts and almost every unit was wrong :/

b) Add a column in the spreadsheet allowing you to select number of units and it showing you the cost underneath (i find it easier to create armies this way).

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 08:59:51 AM »

nOt sure If that is Possible.

the sheet will be uPdated when the new vers is released. little Point in changing it when its already outdated.

On vacation
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 11:37:32 AM »

I BET IT POSSIBLE BUT THEN YOU NEED TO ALLOW "MODIFY" YOUR GOOGLE DOCUMENT.

which i dont think is the best idea, at least you need copy latest version first for a safe location

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »

No don't let people modify the original.

However people can download the original by clicking file download as and  either open office or excel. (or just use the one that comes in the readme file).

All it needs is an extra column adding, a line of zeros, and a formula you can almost copy paste.

Eg for Chaos Dwarves I inserted a column before point cost called it cost.  Added a 0 to each row.  then below did:

=(M4*N4)+(M5*N5)+(M6*N6)+(M8*N8)+(M9*N9)+(M10*N10)+(M11*N11)+(M12*N12)

row 7 is missing as its the included slave crew for the cannon.

Easy, takes 5 min to do the entire sheet and you don't need to update it (much).

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 04:30:36 PM »

How about porting the Document to the Wiki and then editing it there Wink.
(and why do I need a google acc to view the Document?)

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »

Grend can you fix the arty bug, and remove the show stoper spells (soul drain, and the chaos one) for next week?  I thinking for the tournament.

Also did raise the dead of bands of flame crash the game for anybody?  They didnt in the games I played.

Bonus points for boosting the ogre stats Smiley

Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »

i have done most of the changes already, so ill put up a fresh new version tomorrow :-) With alot of fixes. will get to work on updating the sheets then! Willl do something to ogres

On vacation
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »

I've often wondered if i actually hear strange noises when in a DO battle (1 in 100) and after watching Darkmancers 3rd Video (or top 1 of this page)  i heard it again. It is at 2:32 and you see a Green Brain Bursta (fireball) and hear the Kerching gold+1 sound and "not done yet" sound in sounds/sound and there is also another in the same folder but unused, of a woman "not donex" but that never gets played as an alternative to "notdone". I guess we all hear the sssshhhhh noise when the game gets confused during a busy battle. If the "notdone" audio clip is the intended sound for the Brain Bursta impacting the enemy then it can be easily replaced. However, more tests using a Goblin Shamen would have to be done to see if it is random or not.

Smiley

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:22:36 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »

I've know about the cash register ding and the "not done" sound for a bit athough I never been able to work out what it said.

It's a really odd and disconcerting in battle to hear all the charges, explosions, and fighting to then hear ding and a muffled voice Smiley

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »

"well according to jer all dwarves suck regardless how theY do ingame Smiley"

I saw the 2 videos CD victories and I dont change my position (I would have played different with Olly's side)

Would you like to play vs me, my friend Grend? Bring me your best Chaos Dwarves army. Come on! Grin
Grend
2D Sprite Artist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »

Whether you bet me or not wouldnt prove much since Im not that good.

Besides fighting  me with an army tailored to fight cd would prove even less and might even be irrelevant

On vacation
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »

I wasnt speaking seriously anyway. It was a joke provocation. Read my suggestion for a new structure at 1.2 topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: