December 14, 2017, 09:32:56 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mod Selector  (Read 37061 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2017, 12:22:28 AM »

Do you also see entries of ".CUR" or ".ANI" files in "Dark Omen\Graphics\Cursors" redirected? FindFirstFile is usually part of the "Your DO install is incomplete" check.

Looks like Cursors are created with "LoadCursorFromFileA" and if this doesn't go indirectly through CreateFile or MapViewOfFile it's not redirected.

And looks like the cursors are only initialized on Dark Omen startup, so changing the mod would not change them back.

Actually I like that they aren't redirected because this is imo a user decision which kind of cursors they want.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:27:08 PM by Ghabry » Logged

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2017, 06:01:04 PM »

Thanks for investigating and no I don't get any .CUR  or .ANI appearing just the .bmp files in Trace.txt and sounds like its not worth pursuing if only loaded on startup, and as Evgen reminded me that it used to cause lag for a few players, when I recently dug the coloured cursors mod out the archives for DOR project. I'm tempted to include them in the Mod Pack as an optional extra but I fear someone may inadvertently end up turning on coloured cursors from the Main Options which will crash the game etc.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: