April 18, 2024, 06:06:09 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stronghold Crusader  (Read 16200 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »

Hi
anybody interested in playing Stronghold Crusader?
Maybe we could arrange a time via Hamachi or Chat.

Played today 2 games with Wesstwoodboy1993, what a fun. ^^

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:16:43 PM »

hahahah really funny, i downloaded it 2 days ago, and unistalled yesterday but if we play via hamachi i will download again because i thinked it was failed because the 2 matches i played via "gameranger" the game freezed and the pc too, so i thinked it was game until one person told me that gameranger for pc , the servers fail, so if we make a channel cool tell me and i download it.  kisses to you
ahh and  iwant to play version 1.0 any patch any stupid changes, 2 days ago i was searching like a crazy , the patches, then the cracks like 5 downloads! so please original game :S

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »

I always play with 1.1 Patch because it has some really nice changes.
Just google for the patch... isn't that hard to find (stronghold crusader patch 1.1)

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »

ok dear i have downloadid it tell me the channel ofhamachi Cheesy and you will dia by my lord (?)

ito maquiesves
Wesstwoodboy1993
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »

We play with the Dark omen channel
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »

well wich one ? tell me the channel and pass because i am only in one or 2 do channels Sad

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:35 AM »

We are normally in Dark-Omen and Dark-Omen2.
But I'm not at home for the next weeks so you have  to play with him alone.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 02:51:44 PM »

finished our first 2 games, 3rd one crashed :/. But at least Crusader has resync, unlike DO which just reports a Session Lost Wink.
Some stats vs. wesstwoodboy, harkat and lordbraprus

Explanation of the graphics from left to right:
Name | Units Killed | Units lost | Money you got | Produced food | Pr. Wood | Pr. Stone | Pr. Iron | Pr. "Pech" | Pr. Weapons | Townsfolk | Fear factor | Destroyed buildings | Lost buildings

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 03:27:02 AM »

ahhh i fell so shamed Sad i no didnt kill and the unique i lost  ,was the lord ahhahahahhaha is that the colour orange comouflage with the sand, but i told you! in that moment i was awake for almost one day without sleeping :@ haah i hope play it soon again, my brother says he will give you a lesson.
in my opinion we should play 5o velocity not 60 it is very fast :S byebye!

ito maquiesves
Wesstwoodboy1993
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 02:41:53 PM »

lol i have moire destroyed then you ^^ Cheesy
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 06:47:55 PM »

Classic Game and may have to dig out my old CD and get online,

Time permitting, Hot pitch at the ready Men!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »

[Jeronimo] What about organizing 1 Stronghold Crusader Tournament??

Settings: Normal game (2000gc), 20 minutes of peace, 1 vs 1 (perhaps 2 vs 2 if many are interested), 40 game speed (default development gives time to build a "nice fortress" in a middle map)
4 players maps, eliminations table, fixture easy to reorganize in case some inscripted dont show up.
Many strategies and Fortress contructions in 1 Tournament!
Possible tactics with Stronghold, are you a bad, neutral or good Lord?
Stats after matches can be showed here. Or some Stronghold video hehe.

Can be a good idea. Anyone interested?

PD: Ghabry I will give you a lesson Smiley for killing my brother that old game.

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 12:32:04 AM »

The problem with Stronghold is that it is a (quite fast) strategy game. So it takes much longer then a Dark Omen fight (there are already 20minutes No Rush+around 20min or more fight).
40 game speed is so-zetta slow. Why not 60?... ok 50 would be good too.
Videos are a problem because of video length (and fraps video size, maybe use hypercam or something else) because youtube has 10min limit and I have no unlimited time account because I havn't uploaded a >10min vid before youtube added the limit Sad.

If we can find enough players I look forward for a Stronghold Crusader Tournament.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 12:48:12 AM »

[Jeronimo] at 40 speed the game is already fast in my opinion. It all depends if is going to be 1vs 1 or 2 vs 2.

I have at first minutes a lot of resources, for example first 3 collects of wood already give you to think where can you spend it... because maps has few green terrains to build farms and then what? even making weapons cant spend quickly the wood. Since the limit of armeries is 8 (same with granery) You start having a lot to sell in the market...

About resources.-. 40 is a fast game.. 4 maps size gives a "distance" between players.
Perhaps 10 minutes of peace, no bothering rush of arabian camp units with the 2000 gold.. gives us time to build "something" like primary towers, economy buildings, and produce first weapons to train european units like archers...

Anyway, war chain of production is also fast... take a look you produce 2 bows per minute, multiply X, they arent so expensive. 10 minutes peace (instead of 20)+ long distance between both would guarantee a nice game.
The goal is to kill the Lord! Make a Commando tactic hehe.

We can discuss if people prefer "Resistent walls", "cows" or "dogs" options available.
I still dont understand why dogs are considered that good, the house is "expensive" and they arent efficient.

At 50 speed can become a really mess. When you have many troops or similar to organize, the game becomes a headache.. we just want to have fun. I think elimination is the best system, 1 vs 1... and finals
I dont know how many actually play Stronghold: I hope we can do at least a 8 players fixture.

About videos is fine... was a suggestion. Maybe show stats as you did here will be enough.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:54:08 AM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »

I always have problems at the beginning with the wood so I just buy it to build the most important things first..

I would prefer 20min peace because at speed 60 I'm ready in around 15min so it could be a problem to finish the industry in only 10min@40...

My tactic is often not to attack the lord directly so my attacks take normally longer to prepare but are heavy Wink. Exception was against your brother where I just rushed through a wall and killed his lord because he had no def...

Not sure if we can find 8 players. I have Wesstwoodboy in ICQ and he could probably organize a second players. So it would be 4 already. We will see.

Who needs Arabien units for rushing?
I always buy the Infantry units the Pig uses and rush the AI with it Wink.
You can rush up to 3 Rats/Snakes with them (only saladin can't be rushed for some reasons -.-)

I also don't understand the use of cows or dogs as weapons. And I need the cows for other things.

About video: Maybe we should only record the situation after the NoRush Phase because watching the first 20min would be boring. But except the attacks the other footage of the second phase will be boring for the viewer too so you have to cut lots of things out ^^

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: