April 23, 2024, 10:17:26 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Magic players needed.  (Read 9634 times)
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2010, 07:41:06 AM »

Anyone out there played a fair bit of Magic? I need someone to look over an expansion with an unbaised eye.

Cheers.

Cid.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »

you mean MTG?

anyway, no!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »

I used to play this game when I was younger. Developed by Microprose.. I still remember these sounds Smiley

Magic the Gathering - Video Test - Text & High ResolutionLQ | HQ | by Aeva

I saw the latest version is "Manalink 2.0 Challenge Mode". I enjoyed preety much building new Decks.

If you are interested, tell me so I download it.
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:46:08 PM »

Oh!

Well I meant the actual CCG itself, rather than the Computer game based on such from the early 90's.
Was a lot of fun though, I own a copy myself, but I've never yet learnt to tinker with it. I play around with making actual cards, then printing them, backing them, sleeving them, and using them. *nods*
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

yeah i also used to play this game, but it was long time ago ;] and i still got those cards but i guess with all this restrictions to older expansions they arent worth too much now ;p
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »

*coughs slightly*

Depending on how long ago you used to play, they could actually be worth a GREAT deal of money.

Just sayin...
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »

well there are mostly from expansions that came around 5th 6th edition ;] got some commons from ice age and stuff like that i doubt they cost much now really
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »

5th and 6th's not that much good. Some of the power cards will still be worth a bit here and there though. Hypnotic Specters, Pain Land, Wrath of God, things like that.

Anyway! No sidetracking the thread...
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:46 PM »

Here  Cool ; i'm actually playing a Legacy League (Blue/Black Control deck) , mainly with a base from Invasion Block that is from the time i began to play it, but also some weekends play Extended (varied decks) and some others play Standard (Black "Vampires" from Zendikar and M10 with some artifacts from Alara), all this tournys sanctioned by DCI of course, and usually play with a guy from the work at lunch or at the end of the journy and with some friends in the nights when there is not clubbing.

So, what you need?  Wink

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 12:10:12 AM »

Awesome. You win todays award for most helpful player.

Firstly, you'll need to download, 'Magic Set Editor.' Easily found on google and shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to download unless you are on dialup.

After that, I'll need some form of email address to mail you the file, (because it's apparently too big to attach here.), and you just need to look through, review, and critise. All told shouldn't take more than half an hour of your time. Set's only 132 cards big at present. (Probably needs about another 20 - 50 before it's finished.)

All cards presently have artwork, and all cards that I intend to have Flavour text. (methinks.)
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 12:21:45 AM »

Tongue Let me get this a bit more clear: are you creating a new Block (or expansion)? or is this a card game "based" on the Magic mechanic and metagame?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 12:43:05 AM »

It's a new stand alone expansion. It might turn into a block, particular if I combine it with some of the other stuff I've worked on, but as per normal, so many things to do, never enough time. (Or insperation! For that matter.)

I don't belive offhand it contains any new keywords, (Although I did briefly consider putting 'Presidence' in which featured in the last one I finished.) It's pure 100% playable and professional looking, (I like to think) Magic the Gathering.

Although it's not set in the Magic the Gathering 'Univerise.' as such, (Although since they blew up Domiania in Time Spiral, Magic doesn't seem to be set in the Magic universe anymore either...) But otherwise should be instantly recongiseable as the cardgame we all know and love.
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 01:04:54 AM »

Ok, first of all, you are a crazy guy; but then, what the hell let's try it.

I will download the Editor tonight or tomorrow, and then i send you a pm, since it seems that it is only you and me for now let's talk in private, if another member get's interested then we can post here i think, what do you think?

CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 01:06:42 AM »

Been called worse things than crazy before.
Just one of those many strange hobbies I have in my free time.
If anyone else is interested in reciving a copy, they're more than welcome to ask, I'll hand it out randomly to interested parties.
And do let me know when you have the editor installed so you can read the relevent filetype. *nods*

Many thanks for the help!
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 05:09:01 AM »

i know... you were called pedantic hahaahahah. sorry, anyway you know i love you Smiley

ito maquiesves
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: