April 20, 2024, 01:26:42 AM

Username
Password

Poll
Question: From where does your interest in Dark Omen originate from?Huh???
Warhammer Fantasy RPG - 3 (11.5%)
Warhammer Games Workshop figure battles - 5 (19.2%)
Shadow of the Horned Rat - 7 (26.9%)
Dark Omen itself - 11 (42.3%)
Warhammer 40K - 0 (0%)
Earlier WH games (specify) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How did you come to play Dark Omen  (Read 11252 times)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »

I played SotHR, which I guess I found on one of those CDs with tons of ripped games floating around in the days (~1996), and thought it nice. I played Close Combat at the time, but remember it as a bit dull for my taste - I was a kid and had no patience... I was also really tired of the vanilla RTS template. Leafing through the piles of games at a friends later, I came across "Warhammer: Dark Omen", asked about it and was told that it "wasn't very good", but i insisted in trying it and thought it seemed nice enough. I copied it, loved it, went to three different stores to buy it but couldn't find it (except in one that only had a terrible Swedish box with a badly translated manual which I refused to support). Sad (I liked it enough to make some utilities for the game, ~1999) Along with Railroad Tycoon it has remained one of the very few games I have kept returning to over time. For 11 years now...

(A story strangely similar to Ghabry's eh?)

Thinking back now: before SotHR I played some Warhammer-themed games, like Space Hulk. I think that made me interested in Warhammer itself, and since I hade cast tin and lead figurines and painted them I sort of got into the Warhammer figurines into my local games shop without realising what game they were for. So there's a back story leading up to SotHR here too... Hmm, James Joyce, are you listening here? You might have materials for a second introspective odyssey Smiley

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »

(except in one that only had a terrible Swedish box with a badly translated manual which I refused to support)
This was your only change to get a Swedish Dark Omen Version and you didn't took it!!! (or was it only the Manual translated and the game in English?)

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »

Yeah, only the manual. Nothing except children's games or movies are dubbed into Swedish.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 11:56:58 PM »

well, my bithday is the 1st november and my brother the 15th november, in 1998 i was playing a ms-dos game with my brohter, i was 8 :S my brother11, it was in a summer morning when someone calls the door, we call ower mom and dhe open the door.... it was a software programmer that sells games and with him he brings a box , it was my (and my bro Tongue) first pc -cd game!! D.O . oh my good iam crying now, dark omen was the game that opened my way to strategy game and melee fighting with other ppl :O then i had seven kindoms 2 -nights and merchant. but my dark omen little box with manual in spanish Tongue stayed with me always , i will put a photo some of this days :S the thing is that i have been playing dark omen more than half of my life haha crazy

ito maquiesves
SilverFang
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »

I owned Horned rat a brief time on PS1 and when I looked for it later I only found DO and since I didnt know about before I was very happy Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: