April 26, 2024, 08:06:18 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warhammer: Mark of Chaos  (Read 26650 times)
OldSchool77
Night Goblin

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »

Anyone playing this?
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:15:11 AM »

Mark of Chaos sucks Wink

It's no match for Dark Omen. Good grafic, less game complexity. I think the game was created for the bulk. Quick and dirty.

I didn't change my mind Wink So I tested it, but I don't play it.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

ive got it but it never got my attention hehe hence my fanaticism for Dark Omen Cheesy

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 01:05:45 AM »

I own both versions,

Great looking Game but Shallow on the Gameplay.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 05:46:59 PM »

Don't think many here plays MoC, it was such a disappointment to the many who had waited a long time for a sequel to Dark Omen.

OldSchool77
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »

Well, it isn't a sequel -- it is a stand-alone game in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. But yes, I see what everyone is saying. I'm still gonna play it (although I am currently re-hooked on the Playstation version of SotHR), and I will provide a more informed personal opinion after doing so.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 09:34:17 PM »

The Namco US reps were very adroit at promoting the idea that it was a sequel without ever actually saying so. They were also meticulous with implying that it was a faithful representation of Wargammer Fantasy (f.i. at the Leipzig Games Show, was it 2006?). You might not know, but about 95% of the beta testers left in disgust within a month.

OldSchool77
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »

Yeah, I heard that there was false advertising accusation within the Warhammer hardcore community. I expect change when going to a different developer, but apparently this was outrageous!

From what little I have played so far in the game, I will say it is fun (but only if you like Warhammer), though "flat" compared to the other 2 in the fantasy series. But like I said, this is without deeper play from myself. Still, could you enlighten me as to the "broken rules" among the game system?
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »

Heh, there were some resentment, yeah, which wasn't made better by the Namco reps ignoring all complaints, playing politicians, and telling the community mods to quell the negativity in the forum. It was absurdity on steroids...

Anyway, well, among the more major concerns are missing friendly fire (can now be switched on as an option in MP but not implemented in SP), that missiles are just cosmetic (missile fire and damage from it is actually a statistic calculation and have nothing to do with the things flying at the targets), that units have RTS-like health, that formations aren't solid (can be moved through), that formations doesn't really manoeuvre as much as mill into a new direction, and more and more and more...

Pity they've turned off the beta fora, they had some pretty interesting reads.

OldSchool77
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 03:28:20 PM »

Wow...sounds like a mess.

At least it is a graphical powerhouse. I personally prefer gameplay over graphics -- but if you have a powerful machine (like I do) the game is at least a beauty to behold. A small positive, but a positive none the less.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »

Wow...sounds like a mess.

At least it is a graphical powerhouse. I personally prefer gameplay over graphics -- but if you have a powerful machine (like I do) the game is at least a beauty to behold. A small positive, but a positive none the less.

Haha, yeah, Talos, one of the other community moderators, neatly avoided the NDA in the general (non-beta) discussion forum before release by answering the question of what MoC was like with "It is a wonderful screenshot maker!".

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »

"It is a wonderful screenshot maker!"

Grin I love this sentence, and be serious, nothing is useless, everything can be a bad example for others  :Smiley

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Zywy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »

I have the game in my Warhammer collection.
Pleyed it, finished campaigns and forget about it
Not much compare to Dark Omen

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: