April 26, 2024, 06:03:05 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warhammer BattleMarch  (Read 13590 times)
Neogy
Troll

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:52:25 PM »

I have read that you all hate this game with a passion

why ?.....I havent played much, but the race selection is superior to dark omen
just want to know how come, because I really miss my skaven

and battlemarch has them

Just looking for info and feedback =)

ps: Talking about PC version
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 05:45:27 AM »

you all hate this game with a passion

Smiley

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:17:42 AM »

well i dont "hate" it but this game simply suxx.
1) friendly fire. ouch!
2) bad moral system. like these % is awfull. hvnt found much fear/terror effects.
3) little overpowered & very boring heroes.
4) graphic sucs! (lol, comparing to DO)
5) mages are bad.

dunno. i really dunno why i dont like it.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:22:54 AM »

i like mark of chaos(and expansion battle march)

1)the friendly fire is indeed badly done
2)the bad moral system tho different from dark omen isnt as bad as u claim and many things cause terror  and fear and they def have effect
3)the heroes are often so overpowered that the game becomes more hero based then army based, i dont like this for a warhammer startegy game and this is one of the main reasons i like dark omen better
4)graphics are pretty sweet but because of this the game doesnt always run as smootha s it should and loading times are just crazy
5)mages are stong if used correctly

dark omen gameplay is just more fun,and alot of people here were expecting a game that had more of the dark omen mechanics in it,because of this they just liek me were dissapointed when they played mark of chaos.
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:25:43 AM »

You better use "mark of chaos" title, because battle march is just addon. (which is unfamous)

Dont know about another people but i dont hate this game, but dont like it.
As i remember there archers always hit their targets. <- Which is very stupid!

Also MoC is very beauty game, so it has VERY high PC requires! My machine cant run it, i played on the friends computer.
(it can be reason why i dont like it too, because i played 10-15 minutes)

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »

ahh! i just realized another reason why i didnt like it. because even in MOC  campaing you see tonns of same regiments at your disposal but in DO campaing each unit or regiment is unique, with detailed amrybook, etc.

at DO it was so fun to choose artifact for each troop (btw, is it possible to use artifacts for usual regiments in MOC? - as far as i remebered - no).

thus MOC seemed like "another simple strategy without much complex in it". like - spawn x2 cavalries + x3 archers + x3 meele and rush! starcraft style..

and yes in multiplayer you face with big number of same regiments but we limited it to 3 and its more funny :-)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Daendil
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

Dark Omen Reviews: 91%

Mark of Chaos Reviews: 73%
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

MoC is a average nice game, nothing more. It's made for the average player: easy, good graphic, mass of units.

But I think the biggest problem are the expectations of us players: Promised as true sequel of Dark Omen, it lacks in gameplay and doesn't support the TTG very well. So if the developer hadn't promised a new Dark Omen, I bet, that there wouldn't be a comparison with Dark Omen and everyone would see MoC as it is: an average game.

Here Mikademus wrote a nice post

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »

Bem is indeed correct. MoC (and BM) would have been OK, albeit boring, games if they had been released as some fantasy RTT-ish game. The problem is that they decided to go Warhammer, which is a deeply tactical game with some very important rules and the expectations that follows, and tried to shoehorn it into a mediocre RTS engine. Failure ensued.

This too might have been acceptable if they had been upfront and honest about what they were doing. Instead they claimed they were making a faithful translation of the Warhammer rules, even mentioning Dark Omen. They were intentionally hyping it and courting TT Warhammer fans.

There was a large set of beta testers. People who didn't get in were seriously envious of those that did. And they lost some 98% of all beta testers within a few weeks. They left in disgust. The community was mishandled. Staff representatives were gagged or lied. Beta testers were ignored. It could take weeks between replies from representatives. Both the game and the Namco staff became ridiculed laughing stocks among the few beta testers hanging on for the entertainment value of seeing the train wreck happening is real time, or out of sheer masochism.

Does this make it clearer why we hate it?

warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 09:27:59 PM »

Does this make it clearer why we hate it?

A little  :Smiley  Grin Grin
(seems like roll eyes don't work)

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Daendil
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 11:34:55 AM »

My dream is a WH game turn-based, with all ruls exatly to GameWork Ruleset. With mov in cm, miniatures, real rolls...

Like Blood Bowl PC.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »

My dream is a WH game turn-based, with all ruls exatly to GameWork Ruleset. With mov in cm, miniatures, real rolls...

Like Blood Bowl PC.

I don't think that's going to be realised, GW would consider that as directly competing with their main business. Sad

Zywy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »

1. Mark of Chaos is too easy and boring.
2. Heroes in MOC are too overpowered
3. Plot sucks
4. Armies are ugly and common in DO each of the regiments were unique
5. There was no greater satisfaction to me ,when I hit and kill Necromancer with cannonball:)
6. Tactics in MOC don't exist

And much much more..

I wish for SOTHR remake:(

Sorry, for my English
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 06:46:54 PM »

1. Mark of Chaos is too easy and boring.
2. Heroes in MOC are too overpowered
3. Plot sucks
4. Armies are ugly and common in DO each of the regiments were unique
5. There was no greater satisfaction to me ,when I hit and kill Necromancer with cannonball:)
6. Tactics in MOC don't exist

1.correct
2.this is the reason why i stopped playing moc online,cause half of an army's strength often came from heros
3.the plot certainly isnt worse then any other startegy game i played,that to me seems like nitpicking :s
4.maybe u need a new pc because armys look amazing,its one of the few things moc realy shines in:graphics
and as for the uniqueness of armies,moc has a way larger variaty in stats between different regiments then dark omen,this is one of the few things where i find dark omen lacking.
5.yea when u in moc hit a hero right on with a cannon/mortar he barely feels it :s
6.then u must never have played multiplayer because moc has 10times more tactics u could perform then dark omen,sadly these tactics are often hero based and stray way to far from actual tabletop.if u play moc without thinking about ur tactics ull get through the single player but ull be laughed at and get ur ass handed to u realy fast when u go online.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 12:51:18 AM »

I recently reinstalled this, for inspiration. Nice looking but lacks gameplay.

Although their site has some nice resources. I may post the usual Recruitment Advert on their Forum, since their last forum died and we did gain fans from there.

http://www.battlemarchthegame.com/armies/dark_elves/dark_elf_crossbowmen.php

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=292

Smiley

My Mod guide for Mark of Chaos/Battle March ->

http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=739
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:53:37 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: