April 26, 2024, 04:23:07 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: December 17, 2018, 09:03:08 PM
Been a long time since I was on here!
Looking to restart this little project, so will be lingering on gameranger, hope you find me there for some multiplayer campaigning Cheesy
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: September 02, 2015, 10:06:00 PM
I had a holiday recently, but I'm back on GR again these days, waiting for challengers!

Post here if you're interested in trying it out and we can work out a time!
3  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: HARD-MOD - Campaign 100% Edited. on: July 28, 2015, 06:25:45 PM
Having a lot of fun with this mod! I feel a bit cheeky having taken the horn from the treemen, I'm guessing that's not intended is it?  :Smiley
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign - A Road to Darkness - missions and content(with spoilers) on: July 26, 2015, 02:14:22 PM
Uploading a zip file of the first 9 missions

A few have been updated, with corrections to the map, player hosting, ai army make-up and some other balance tweaks.
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: June 30, 2015, 02:19:42 PM
I'm rebooting the campaign for the second round of testing.
have made a few changes, so players can start their campaigns again if they wish.

Look out for me on GR and if I'm not online, send me a message here.
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: May 20, 2015, 09:47:04 AM
I should be on gamerange quite a bit today, so if you have half an hour or so, pop on for a campaign game Smiley
I should be around on Friday as well.

If you join the room, send me a message as well, so I'll hear the notification.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: May 12, 2015, 11:24:28 PM
A bit of update to the status of the campaign

so far about 13 mission are written up, about 11 are ready to play and have undergone some testing, and about 6 are balanced and (probably) finished versions.

I just need more testers now!
I'll be online Thursday evening (about 21:00 cet) so please join me on Gameranger to continue or begin your campaign!

8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign - A Road to Darkness - missions and content(with spoilers) on: May 12, 2015, 09:16:35 PM
Ok, I'm back to testing the campaign again, so keep an eye on Gameranger to see if the room is open!

Here are the next three missions, to make it easier for players to access them

Mission 4:[attachment=1]
Mission 5:[attachment=2]
Mission 6:[attachment=3]
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign - A Road to Darkness - missions and content(with spoilers) on: February 28, 2015, 01:47:10 AM
I'm going to start uploading the mission files for now, so they are easily accessible, though I may change them in future, so beware!

mission 1:[attachment=1]
mission 2:[attachment=2]
mission 3:[attachment=3]
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign - A Road to Darkness - missions and content(with spoilers) on: February 25, 2015, 10:53:27 PM
An update to the campaign content, so avert your eyes if you want to experience the campaign first hand before seeing what's still to come!

There are 14 mission written so far, though there are still more to come, but here are the names of the missions are incorporated into the stroyline so far.

Some are puns, many reference the mission itself and its content, some are simple play on words, and others are just amusing Smiley
hope you like it

11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: February 24, 2015, 09:37:10 PM
This is just a little update about the status of the campaign.

6 missions are fully written at the moment, and 5 players have tested it so far;

Mission 1-3 are pretty much as they should be, with mission 2 being a bit higher on the difficulty scale than one might expect of the 2nd mission in a campaign, but otherwise being fairly balanced and nicely challenging.

Mission 4 has proved very difficult to balance, but is a very entertaining mission to play. More testing is needed to get it perfect.

Mission 5 is just right and should be an entertaining challenge for most players, and offer a chance for weakened armies to rebuild a bit of strength.

Mission 6 has also been difficult to balance, and I need to test it more with weakened armies, though I think I've found a way to compensate for this possibility.

Due to some changes in mission 4, those that played through and won mission 4 in its current form will be able to recruit the Ice Mage again if you lost him (only one player has kept him alive so far)

The missions will soon have some branching/optional elements, like in the single player campaign; a unique element to Dark Omen campaigns which I think will present players an interesting challenge (but not until about mission 12); and a very interesting concept for the final mission which I'm very excited to try out, but dreading trying to balance.

There is a small update to the rules, mainly minor tweaks, but I'm re-uploading them here[attachment=1]

Big thanks to Olly, Hari8, thelastarmada, Tola Zagny (and for showing me your awesome artwork) and URKA (especially for your incredible patience and enthusiasm!).

12  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: February 20, 2015, 02:39:07 PM
Ok, mission 5 has undergone its first test. It's a tough one, depending on how you did in the previous scenarios.

Tola_Zagniy finally fell at this hurdle after taking some serious losses on mission 4. until then he'd been going strong, but with so little left, mission 5 was always going to be an uphill battle.
13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign - A Road to Darkness - missions and content(with spoilers) on: February 18, 2015, 11:49:10 PM
That ice mage must really like getting shot!
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Multiplayer campaign - A Road to Darkness - missions and content(with spoilers) on: February 18, 2015, 08:37:25 PM
I hope it's ok for me to make a separate thread for information about the campaign content, but I don't want to have proper spoilers in the main topic.

This will be the thread for discussing individual missions and posting screenshots of what happens in the various battles, so don't look if you don't want to see how the story/missions develop.

Feedback and suggestions regarding individual missions is welcome here, and I am very keen to hear player observations and comments.
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Multiplayer campaign on: February 18, 2015, 08:32:09 PM
continued

This post will form the chronicle of URKA's campaign:

Having stopped the Goblin advance, URKA earned 1050 gold in spoils of war
450 of this went on reinforcements, leaving him with 600 gold to add to his 150 savings.

His total gold is currently 750g, heading into mission 2, where the Orcs have taken up residence in the castle at Helmgart.

-------------------------

Mission 2:

Pyrrhic Victory - all was going well and night goblins were fleeing left right and centre, until a rogue arrow pierced Vladimir in the chest. The death of the wizard sent panic through the army and soon the greatswords fled, the halbadiers broke ranks and the Helmgart Bowmen found themselves being peppered with arrows from both sides until not one man was left standing. The goblin archers marched on the cannon, or at least those that didn't flee at the very sound of it. Before they were able to engage it, the remaining Greatswords had rallied to protect their cannon, charging against a hail of arrows and taking a cannonball from their own cannon to the left flank. The resulting moment of disorganisation allowed the single unit of goblin archers to fire 2 rounds of arrows into the cannon at close range, forcing the crew to abandon their post, before the Greatsword, or at leas the 3 that remained, to engage the last of the goblins and slay them where they stood.

A victory, but at a great, great cost. Following the battle, the commander resigns, turning over what is left of his forces, back to the empire.
Pages: [1] 2