May 04, 2024, 05:22:57 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 25, 2009, 07:01:00 PM
whats wrong to play even with untested ruleset?
A tournament I see as an event in which the participants compete with each other with playing skills. With an untested ruleset, there can be room for imbalanced situations where half of the participants know that for example a certain unit is overpowered and the other half does not. Then I find it not a competition for playing skills but a competition for who can discover the most imbalances. Essentially, the tournament then becomes a playtest field. Also, Ghabry wrote:

One reason of the tournaments is to test the ruleset and then to discuss about improvments after the tournament...
so that means that the function of the coming tournament is being a playtest field.

That is perfectly fine, I respect the admin's decision. However, I was looking forward to a tournament as described in the first sentence of this post. And since that is not what we are being offered, I will not join.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 24, 2009, 07:17:30 PM
oh my god.. , here we were talking about it a month ago, if you dont read posts , that is your problem dude , there like 2 or 3 topics about this ruleset
No need to get snide now. I can read that the ruleset is being developed for some time (and a month is still pretty recent), but it got updated not long ago. I prefer to wait until it is fully completed and balance tested.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 24, 2009, 03:52:00 PM
I'm not so enthusiastic about a (last minute created?) new ruleset, so I withdraw for this one.
4  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:18 AM
Don't Ogres already provoke fear by default?
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 01, 2009, 04:54:04 PM
What do I get for passing the test?  Grin
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:33 PM
Common Information

Date: 26th August 2009
Time: 5pm gmt+0 DST

Register Deadline: 23th August 2009
Confirm Deadline: 25th August 2009
Bembelimen, I assume where you wrote August we have to read September?

I like to participate =)
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: August 31, 2009, 09:51:46 PM
I played several matches against Sipax today. Thanks to him I'm no longer green, since I won my first multiplayer match ever today!

I think in the end the count was around 6-4 in favour of Sipax.

Funny moments included:

- My skull catapult launching a flaming skull on itself just before it got attacked, effectively killing both the attacking unit (i think it was an orc boyz) and itself. Henceforth known as 'the kamikapult'
- My bright wizard trying to help a group of about 6 mercenary soldiers (totally surrounded by 15+ orcs) by launching 3 firebolts at the skirmish. Result: 3 mercenary soldiers dead and 1 orc. Thanks, wizard!
- My treeman surviving 5 shots from a orc rock lobber. Must have been a rubber tree.
- And this one:

Its not visible in the image, but a second after this shot, my last remaining flagellant DIED while there were no enemy units around anymore. Sipax theorized the tree ate him. =)
8  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Hello =) on: August 30, 2009, 11:31:44 PM
Hope to see you on the Battlefield soon
Hmm, I have never played DarkOmen in multiplayer. How do people set multiplayer up in this community?
9  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Which Country (/Continent) has most members on: August 30, 2009, 11:25:05 PM
Utrecht, The Netherlands.
10  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead on: August 30, 2009, 02:50:28 AM
Yep, its them indeed. The doc111 file has the undead.txt file which I also have. Thanks for notifying me of that file, too. Had not found it yet.

Ah well. Perhaps people can find them more easy now, since they are now posted at the campaigns section on the forum. =)

11  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Hello =) on: August 30, 2009, 02:27:04 AM
Hello guys.

I joined up today. Mainly for thanking the designers around here for providing new material for DarkOmen. I'm enjoying myself with what you guys have made so far. =)
And I also am able to give everyone a present: three single player campaigns that you can download and play.

I made a specific topic for them here:
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/3-campaigns-elf-orc-and-undead-t503.0.html

Regards,
Kikk.

12  Modifications / Campaigns / 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead on: August 30, 2009, 02:19:16 AM
Greetings.

I recently discovered this website dedicated to DarkOmen. I always liked this game and I still play it now and then. Nice to see the game is still being played and by the looks of it, heavily expanded.

I saw you guys have been making new campaigns for single player. I happen to have three campaign files on my computer which I downloaded years ago (like, in 1998-1999 or so). Since I did not create them myself I can't take credit for anything that's in these campaigns, but of course I can share them with you guys here. =)

All three campaigns just alter the starting units and the new regiments that you will receive as the campaign progresses. One is an elven campaign, another uses orcs and the third one has undead units. No storyline is attached, it's all about playing the original campaign with different factions.

To install:
- Download a campaign file. You can find them at the bottom of this post.
- Go to your darkomen\gamedata\1parm folder
- Make a backup of the file plyr_all.arm, as this file contains the information for which regiments you will receive in the game. The original one has the info for the empire regiments.
- Go to the downloaded campaign file and unzip it to any place you know you can find it back. I like to keep them in the 1parm folder.
- Replace the plyr_all.arm file in your 1parm folder with the file from the downloaded campaign file.
- Starting a new single player campaign now will produce regiments for you of a different faction. =)

If you later decide to play another faction or want the original game back, all you need to do is replace the plyr_all.arm file again.

Enjoy!

[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=3]
Pages: [1]