May 01, 2024, 02:12:19 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37
31  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Chaos Dwarf Invasion on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:09 PM
2Kilowic
I've low experience vs mortars as I dont play multiplayer, but in single player I noticed 1 important thing.

The mortar makes first shoot before you are actually in range. So if you bluntly order to attack the mortar from afar, your unit moves directly to mortar, first shoot, then your unit moves in range just as the projectilve arrives square in the middle of it.

Cautious tactics is: move slowly step by step until mortar makes first shoot. Then suddenly stop, wait till it's over then run to them. Or just move in traverse - to a place left or right from the mortar untill you are close enough for direct charge.
This would work better in Multiplayer, since most players shoot the ground in front of regiment... so when they are on the move forward (even with false charge) the shot blasts regiment.

From the 2 options, I'd recommend to stop and then re-order to move forward.
You can use other regiments meanwhile, better than having to micro moving aside.
32  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament May on: May 31, 2012, 08:21:11 AM
I uploaded new version for FO. Ready for this weekend!! Smiley

I have fixed some prices with regiments and tried Item structure based in multiples of 40 (instead of 50).
With x40: easier to make multiples of 60, for instance 120-240-360...
With x50: you had to complete with 300-600-900...
33  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament May on: May 28, 2012, 08:33:46 PM
I will play... 2nd June (saturday) I'm free.
34  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: May 25, 2012, 10:48:17 AM
Baby Laugh a Lot Killer Doll Commercialpowered by Aeva
35  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Giant on: April 28, 2012, 09:57:57 PM
Great Giant sprite! It looks very real Olly.
I can't imagine how much time takes to do it with that precision.
36  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 26, 2012, 05:43:53 PM
I will play, but surely in next month.

I can't this weekend.
37  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament Feb/March on: March 01, 2012, 04:39:51 PM
hi there, look, now jeronimo and me, have 2 computers , we both can play, but this 3th no, i mean, not the febraury/march, i will be able to paly the MARCH, tournament, at end of month, is that ok? Smiley

and can we play your new map? the castle one Shocked
38  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Happy Birthday Dark Omen Fansite on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:47 PM
5 years! Lots of experiences indeed.
39  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2012 on: January 28, 2012, 05:03:29 AM
I cannot play tomorrow Sad

I'll go out with friends tonight, so I will wake up late/tired for playing.

Maybe next week?
40  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2012 on: January 10, 2012, 08:08:44 PM
I will participate in this one as well.
41  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 25, 2011, 06:08:04 AM
I like Random 8, because gives a different perspective for battle. You cannot see enemy deployment, plus choose where to head your main attack, while archers shoot across the rock.

You should remove those who dont add anything important or different with another version.
For instance, original "Loren Lake". We already have one called "Loren Lake (Balanced)".

The only difference between both, is that the "Balanced" has One player's deployment limits extended.
Still remains imbalanced to me Smiley, but is better than the original Loren Lake.

Please, reincorpore Random 8. Eliminate those Map Copies but which dont apport any innovation.

First nominations to eliminate:
1) Loren Lake (original) -> balanced version has similar deployments, being slightly better.
2) Random 1 (which is Great Forest Mod) -> basically 2 same maps, 1 slot wasted.

42  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 25, 2011, 04:02:45 AM
I've given Jim a list of maps which arn't biased so hopefully he'll update his program Smiley

Also had a tinker and managed to get the tutorial map back in the ingame list (easy fix).  After the tournament im going to combine map patches and remove the worst/crashing maps.

What are in your opinion the worst/crashing maps? Great you could recover Tutorial, IMO important for 3k/5k battles.

I have detailed the reasons why I left the OpenTournament in a private to Jim...

I agree "Bot Dice!<1.02>" needs a revision. The List is outdated.
43  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 23, 2011, 10:02:05 PM
Jim, I quit Tournament. Redistribute my Wins. Thanks all for the games.

Im tired of many things... such as Ruleset Armies (based in DO), Maps pool (dice!) and Dark Omen itself.
Haha, blessed irony... I decide to stop playing and I reach my 500 posts.

I dont want to play Dark Omen again in my life.
I can ocassionaly return to play Fair Omen someday... who knows?

@Kilowic: This isnt because of you or anything. You played very well. Wink
44  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 23, 2011, 12:44:35 AM
Harold, I see you defeated Jeronimo's Boyz Smiley
Ahh, I wsh I could see this on video. I bet it was epic.
No it wasnt really... I think DO was getting tired of my Gnashrak's Boyz.
Suddenly Hari8 a got bonus luck and his Mortar (he was Kurt'z hammers) made several critical hits.
I remember that odd ending... my Boar was charging and got frozen by a delayed Ice shard effect (magic lag).

Well Hari8, what a crazy amount of battles! Cheesy As Jimmy said:
4 points is good anyway. Hari8, you still have a lot of chances to fight for the first place.
45  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Jim's OpenTournament (based on Darkmancer's mini tournament ruleset) on: December 22, 2011, 01:16:50 PM
Hey... at Total Score I start with -8 (and havent even played!)
Is that some sort of handicap? Cheesy

About open Tourney... is a good idea, but is not much different from "lets gather all together 1 satuday or 1 sunday and play games in a row. I think using double Weekend would be enough (2 saturdays or 1 saturday/1 sunday).

Otherwise you will find much examples like yesterday. Darkmancer wants to play but Jim is tired.
Connecting to Game-ranger all days randomly is not very encouraging. I would only connect on Weekends.

@Jim: Whats my army List? Third or Last one?
2parm: The Gutrippas army crashes the game. Can you re-upload it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37