May 04, 2024, 04:46:25 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2]
16  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Hello Dark Omen fans! on: July 14, 2019, 10:08:59 AM
Hello everybody,

I've been lurking the forum for a while, and now I've finally registered!
I'm a Warhammer fan, especialy interested in the 4-5th edition era due to pure 90's awesomness present in the armybooks and novels of that time (and also quite a bit of nostalgia).
My introduction to the Old World (and fantasy in general) was watching my father play Shadow of the Horned Rat somewhere around 1998. Mark Gibbons's Orc depictions in SoTHR bestiary were so good, that first time I saw Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of The Ring I was a little disappointed the Orcs looked nothing like the Warhammer ones  Grin In the meantime we've also got Dark Omen, which was even prettier than the SoTHR, packed with cool Undead legions planing to conquer the world, and with it my love for Warhammer Fantasy was born.
I've recently bought SoTHR on GOG.com, finished it (although I must admit, without the awesome GameFAQs guide by stratifier I don't think I'd ever make it) and now, thanks to this forum guides and some dgVoodoo magic I was able to install and run Dark Omen on my Win 10 laptop  Cheesy
Thanks a bunch for all your work, and many useful threads.

PS. Dark Omen Reborn looks neat! If you ever need any tester, I volunteer!
Pages: 1 [2]