March 28, 2024, 08:07:56 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello Dark Omen fans!  (Read 3291 times)
Hellvis
Night Goblin

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:08:59 AM »

Hello everybody,

I've been lurking the forum for a while, and now I've finally registered!
I'm a Warhammer fan, especialy interested in the 4-5th edition era due to pure 90's awesomness present in the armybooks and novels of that time (and also quite a bit of nostalgia).
My introduction to the Old World (and fantasy in general) was watching my father play Shadow of the Horned Rat somewhere around 1998. Mark Gibbons's Orc depictions in SoTHR bestiary were so good, that first time I saw Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of The Ring I was a little disappointed the Orcs looked nothing like the Warhammer ones  Grin In the meantime we've also got Dark Omen, which was even prettier than the SoTHR, packed with cool Undead legions planing to conquer the world, and with it my love for Warhammer Fantasy was born.
I've recently bought SoTHR on GOG.com, finished it (although I must admit, without the awesome GameFAQs guide by stratifier I don't think I'd ever make it) and now, thanks to this forum guides and some dgVoodoo magic I was able to install and run Dark Omen on my Win 10 laptop  Cheesy
Thanks a bunch for all your work, and many useful threads.

PS. Dark Omen Reborn looks neat! If you ever need any tester, I volunteer!
ErnstCoburg
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 07:32:54 PM »

Hello and welcome!.

I'm new in the forum too Smiley, I hope you have fun and can get everything you need for enjoying the game! I think they have a Gameranger or smth for playing online battles, some of the experienced guys will tell you everything! You can try the Mods too and some custom campaigns.

Cheers!

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 07:58:44 PM »

Hi and welcome, hearing your dad playing SOTHR makes me feel old as I am. Sounds like you know your stuff, so good to have you here. Hope to see you on GameRanger for some multiplayer fun!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Hellvis
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 05:14:37 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome Cheesy
I'm most certainly interested in the multiplayer portion of Dark Omen. Unfortunately I won't have much time in the next few weeks, but I should be on GameRanger from the beginning of August.
EvgenS
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 09:46:19 AM »

I've recently bought SoTHR on GOG.com, finished it (although I must admit, without the awesome GameFAQs guide by stratifier I don't think I'd ever make it)
You're the man
With our without the guide regardless

Dark Omen Reborn remake project
https://blackdogs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOR/overview

"- Our steam tank has been damaged, can you help us?
- I'm not a mechanic..."
https://youtu.be/Xg6zzI4BxoU?t=27m6s
Hellvis
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »

You're the man
With our without the guide regardless
Thanks Evgen, beating the SoTHR was great, but seeing the Dark Omen Reborn project progress is even better. Thank you and everybody on DO Reborn team for your work. It's great to see it getting closer to being a 100% faithful DO recreation with each posted update.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: