April 27, 2024, 03:29:58 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: February 11, 2017, 12:00:20 PM
Really like your giant Olly. Smiley I haven't looked into adding units yet, I just replaced an existing one from DO Expanded (I'm using that as a base).

I have a couple of official stats questions. I found the original army lists on line that came with WH 4th Ed and the chaos hounds are WAY better than the ones in DO Expanded. In that they're only M7 WS3 S3 T3 I3 A1 but in the army list they're M6 WS4 S4 T4 I4 A2. Quite a difference. Could I have the official stat line from the chaos army book because I want to know if they were toned down in the official rules, I'd like to use the official stats for everything. If they are the same in the army book I'll just make them a small unit.

Also I'm using wight blades for bloodletters but I think it's plague bearers that cause D3 wounds. To the bloodletter swords do anything special special at all? If they do I'll keep them using wight blades.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: The hand on: February 11, 2017, 11:48:28 AM
p.s. Never ever used ice mage for anything. IMO it's the most useless regiment in the game Smiley
I prefer the ice mage to the bright wizard. Ice shards is the best spell for dealing quick damage, the bright wizard hasn't got anything that can instakill chariots or war machines like that.

Also the wind of cold (I think that's its name) is great for massed infantry. I think it's the hand battle where you get several big units coming from the same place towards your deployment area, aim for the back one and the cloud will have to pass through the ones in front and you can take out loads of them before they reach you.

The ice mage needs the wand of jet to be fully effective because that cloud/wind spell works best when you throw out as many as you can. The bright wizard can have the book of ashur and staff of osiris. The ice mage also gets one extra spell over the bright wizard.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: The hand on: February 10, 2017, 11:34:04 AM
You can use the ice mage's direct damage spell to one shot the chariot on the left before it reaches you.

The first time I played it I then moved both wizards up on the left and used the ice er, cloudy type damage spell and flame storm to take out the archer unit. I remember because it was awesome.
4  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:13 AM
I don't suppose there's a download that has all the sprites set up properly and ready to use is there?
Just seen this on the front page.
Dark Omen Mod Pack

Dark Omen Mod Pack 2017 is now out!
Undecided

I don't know if this will be of use to anyone else because there's probably a better way to fix it that I'm not aware of because I'm only using the basic campaign maker but I figured out a very simple way to fix the crashes, just remove some enemy units. I tried reducing the size of the units before but I never thought to just drop some because I thought that would definitely crash it, so much time wasted. Angry
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Help needed on: January 31, 2017, 09:40:09 AM
2. After finding and picking up magical items (chest symbol that certain enemy units drop after being defeated) they don't show up anywhere, neither in the magical inventory of the unit nor in the troop overview after the battle. It's just as if I hadn't found anything... Sad
The chests aren't items, they're money. Wink Items appear as swords, banners, shields or talismans. You don't actually have to pick up items or chests, any on the field at the end of the battle are automatically picked up. The only advantage to picking up chests is to stop enemies picking them up and running off with them.
6  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: January 09, 2017, 01:39:44 PM
Thanks. I'm going to finish the campaign first without messing around with new stuff I think otherwise all my work is kind of wasted. I'll do that after because there's more campaigns I'd like to make using other races. I just need to get past the sodding blighted towers, I'm still having problems with it even when I make nothing but like for like replacements. I'm determined not to give up and put that one back to the standard enemy army, every battle is against a different race than the standard campaign.

I don't suppose there's a download that has all the sprites set up properly and ready to use is there?
7  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: January 07, 2017, 11:58:05 AM
Ah cheers I'll try that.

Just in case anyone else wants to mess about with enemy wizards, I think burning head makes it crash as well although it works most of the time. It might be a coincidence but it's crashed twice now right around the time you get the laughing skull sound effect for it. Wings of fire doesn't work because it needs to know where to teleport I think so that makes sense. He doesn't seem to ever want to use the sanguine swords for some reason. I think the others are okay.

This is for giving the blighted towers wizard bright spells in magic item slots. He's still got his waaagh spells though, changing his spell book does nothing. I'm not sure if these spells will work for any wizard.
8  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:55 AM
I've been hammering into testing the blighted towers today to try to finally get this sorted. It's not the wizard, I gave him the teleport spell by mistake and that's what was messing him up before. Giving him the other bright spells as items works fine. What it really seems to not like is increasing the size of virtually any unit.

A have a new question. How simple would it be to remove every magic item from the battle maps? I want them all to either be used by the enemies or to come with friendly units.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Hi! New in forum but old viewer of this site. Need Help on: January 01, 2017, 11:39:40 PM
I can't be much help with the technical stuff but his problems by the looks of it were caused by running it on vista, is that what you're trying to run it on?

If you are then just try to do exactly what he said he did, if not then it's a different issue.
10  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: January 01, 2017, 11:32:25 PM
I think it is the wizard. It's really annoying to test because I make one change at time try to isolate the problem but it doesn't always crash so I make another change and don't know which change is messing it up but it seems to happen a lot when the wizard is doing stuff and not as often if I kill him quick. Even though he's still got the waaagh spells I think the bright wizard sprite might be causing a problem.

Could you (or anyone else) do me a favour and edit that battle so that the wizard (orc shaman) isn't given any specific commands that could be causing it to crash?
11  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: December 31, 2016, 06:42:03 PM
Blighted Towers is a bit more stable now but I'm still having problems. Is there something specific in that battle that's scripted and gets messed up if you change the enemy troops?

I've noticed that giving the wizard a bright spell book instead of waaagh doesn't stop him from using waaagh spells but it still crashes sometimes when I use the original wizard with changes to other troops so I think there's more than one thing crashing it but I think that the wizard might be the main problem.
12  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: December 29, 2016, 07:32:51 AM
Hello. I can't believe it's been three years Shocked since I last work on this. That's crazy! Glad to see new campaigns are still being released. I'm going to resist the temptation to play them until I've finished mine but I can't wait to try them.

I'm about to start back up with my campaign, hopefully it will all come back to me when I start messing about with it again. It was the blighted bloody towers that stopped me because I spent so much time swapping units around to try to figure out what was crashing the game that it put me off going back to it.

I'm going to finish it with what I've got before trying any of the new editing tools or sprites and then I might make an enhanced version 2 edition after with new troops by giving the player choices of which troops to take like after the blighted towers battle if that's possible, or other people might enjoy modding it.
13  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: March 24, 2014, 09:16:39 AM
Just to let you know I haven't given up on this. It was getting very frustrating and time consuming because of all the crashes and I needed a break from it. I'm quite busy at the moment with a couple of other projects but one is almost done and the other is more of an ongoing one so I'll be getting back to this soon. It's not dead, just sleeping.
14  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Chaos Dwarf Invasion on: September 27, 2013, 10:57:55 PM
Hey guys,
A year since I was active. I am wondering if anyone finished my campaign ever since or used my drawn sprites in any way? Smiley
Oh yes. Wink I'm using the wolf riders and wyvern if that's cool. I was playing your campaign along with the other ones and just loaded up whatever I felt like playing, but my hard drive crashed and I lost them. I got as far as Axebite Pass in your one and after a few atempts I temporaraly gave up and moved on to other campaigns, then lost it all. Nice work btw. Smiley
15  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaign on: September 27, 2013, 10:56:24 PM
Just another quick update. I should have the campaign ready soon. I needed a short break from it but I'm going to start one last play through to take care of the last few things that I put off and maybe make a few improvements along the way.

Easy, medium and hard modes are now quite distinct from each other with the troops you get. I've made the players hard army better than the standard one and the easy army weaker, but not enough to compensate for the tougher enemies. It means you can use the standard or easy army on hard mode for a harder or hardest mode for example.
Pages: [1] 2