April 26, 2024, 11:43:06 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What is currently happening with DO? on: May 01, 2016, 01:41:38 PM
High Resolution Hacking is what I'm currently working on. Currently this is very much a WIP, but be aware I have gotten this upto 2560x1600 Resolution!!! I am eventually going to be testing at 4K on my desktop tower. Basically I just looked for 640 and 480 in the .exe and started swapping out the values for 2560x1600

640 = 8002 480 = e001

1024 = 0004 768 = 0003

2560 = 000A 1600 =4006

Be warned though, that you can't swap all values in the .exe which match the above because it breaks the engine. Some trial and error is needed. I'd like to get a stable conversion working and documented before we make a patcher program or release a HD binary.
2  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Question about the Remake project on: December 30, 2015, 08:43:07 AM
I think remaking Dark Omen should be the main goal. Get the base engine working based on the map editor source code loading Dark Omen maps/campaigns. After that's done look at adding other stuff like 3d units. It doesn't seem like any of the remake projects have focused on a single goal. The project should also be on Github and have multiple contributors.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: GOG lobby to see Dark omen on this site? on: July 19, 2015, 02:14:11 AM
Do we know if the sourcecode to Dark Omen exists? Now is the time to use any contacts with the original game devs to get GOG access to the sourcecode. WCNews.com did a lot of work to get GOG in touch with the EA people in charge of Wing Commander and to get patches for the old games to GOG.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Linux/Wine support: Current Status *News* on: November 21, 2014, 10:22:37 PM
Ingame map screenshot taken on Linux. Had to set colour depth to 16-bit. Still doesn't support terrain/unit rendering.
5  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Linux/Wine support: Current Status *News* on: November 15, 2014, 12:38:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have just tested the new wine wine-1.7.31. I needed to use the NOCD patch as well as the Page flip hack.... But I can now report that Dark Omen Loads/Runs. It boots into the game into the main menu. There's a lot of graphical corruption, but it now gets into the 3d battlefield! This is the first time that Dark Omen has ever gotten past, or even displayed the main menu on Linux. It seems to perform really fast. Now bear in mind this is still very early days. I have not tested 16-bit colour mode yet, nor have I tried to edit the registry/graphics settings. I have included a screenshot.
6  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: SOTHR Sprites on: November 22, 2013, 10:03:43 PM
Thanks for extracting this Smiley Now we can get started on building another campaign Cheesy
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Running Dark Omen in Wine on Linux on: November 22, 2013, 09:00:16 PM
Hi guys, there has recently been some progress running Dark Omen in wine Cheesy Thanks to the Windows 8 hex edit that removes page flipping. The intro movie now shows and plays back fully under linux when running Dark Omen in wine! The main menu does not display, however it does play the menu music. I've attached a screenshot to this post.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Putting Dark omen on our new free game website? on: July 29, 2011, 02:16:26 PM
Very BAD idea. Games Workshop will sue you as soon as you have it up on the site. They have a known established pattern of suing anyone who messes with their IP. GW are one of the harshest companies to cross when it comes to IP.
9  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Dark Omen Remake? on: May 09, 2008, 12:48:25 PM
Hi. What I'm interested in knowing, is how much of Dark Omen has been reverse engineered? I've seen some information around this site that seems to imply that the maps, and unit formats have been decoded. I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how much of the game had been reverse engineered and would it be possible using the information that exists so far to reimplement dark omen from scratch possibly in a crossplatform form think SDL/Opengl for linux/windows/mac/whatever people want it on? I have a bit of programming knowledge and would be interested in helping out with such a project.
Pages: [1]