March 29, 2024, 04:17:00 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Putting Dark omen on our new free game website?  (Read 3253 times)
pawnisher
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2011, 03:09:37 PM »

Greetings
I was looking for an email for Games Workshop / Dark Omen Staff this was the closest i could get to a contact email

We would like to put their awesomel game on our new free game website, so would very much like to hear if this is possible...
we wont take any credit for it and we dont want to break any copyright laws, its merely an attempt to collect free online games and categorize them to make it easy for people to find the game they desire to play (free of charge)

Please contact me on my email Richarddh@hotmail.com  = )  consider the commercial benefits

PS i hope you can forward this email to the right parties and im looking forward to hearing from you
= )
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 07:38:29 PM »

Hello,

we don't have any contact to Games Workshop or Electronic Arts excluding some of the Dark Omen Devs but they can't really help you because EA is the copyright holder Wink.

Dark Omen is basicly abandonware that means that their is still a company but it doesn't have any commercial benefits from the software.

Putting it on a website would be illegal but a lawsuit is unlikely (but of course possible).

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »

Agreed and we simply do not want any unnecessary attention or contact with Games Workshop or EA, especially this close to completing our wonderful Mods/Tools -Thnx

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
DMJC
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »

Very BAD idea. Games Workshop will sue you as soon as you have it up on the site. They have a known established pattern of suing anyone who messes with their IP. GW are one of the harshest companies to cross when it comes to IP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: