Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: March 27, 2009, 07:32:31 PM
Wow preciously!!!
The work is really advance.
In the next tournament we will can select Dwarfs Smiley
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 25, 2009, 09:11:03 AM
Hi again to all Friends Smiley.

Sorry for not appear in Hamachi in last days.
I supose i will can connect the next days.

Well, finally what are the restrictions for the tournament?
There is any important change from last?
Will be make Flak his standar video Smiley and join to youtube?

Thanks
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 05, 2009, 05:58:37 PM
Hi all Friends.
Sorry for no conecction on foro this week, but i'm out of my home for job.

But i will be at home the days of the tournament, then Flak.....Count with my axe!!! Wink

Oh, about Horn of Urgok... i vote for forbid it....it make to DO becames in a no strategic game.
And when the last unit is a Wizard....well.....the same problem is when the last unit is a cavalry with the Banner of Wrath.
Well, really it is an interesting problem....maybe to ways to resolv each:

About the banner:
- Forbid the Banner of Wrath (no need battles where all armies uses the same item ever)
- Increase to 4 the cost of it (i think 4 is a really expensive cost for it and one player only will get it if he/she has any strategic idea with his/her army)

About the Wizards:
- Forbid to the wizards to use magic when he/she Smiley is the last unit in the battle.
- Player only can win a battle if he/she have at least one infantery or cavalry unit (Spiders, Ogres, Trolls, Treeman... too) on ground in the final of the battle.
I explain: If in any moment in a battle player1 has only a wizard in the ground and the enemy has any (not routed) infantery or calvary unit, then player1 lost the game inmediatly. (A Wizard is not a Powerfull and Strong man......the only way to him/her is run and find a superior possition on ground to die like a hero Cheesy) (except if the wizard is a goblin...then only way is run as a hero Tongue)
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: March 01, 2009, 10:57:25 PM
Congratulation Flak!!!

Really good work with the tournament and with the results...i hope i can play vs you in next tournament Wink
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 26, 2009, 12:48:41 PM
It is really insane, but think about the great history of DarkOmen...

/Freak mode on/

You are Captain Bernard....you have a lot of warmen under your orders and after more than twenty battles in your life and some years with them, you finally found the powerful enemy that are very very superior in number...proportion of 3 to 1...but will be the last chance for the man to kill him.

After a lot of battles defeating the most terrific undead armies for the ancient world you and your men are really exhausted and you think will be impossible to win this battle and come back home....but maybe you can destroy The King. If could destroy King, the menace of all world will be eliminated...then before the Final Battle i see with my troops and scream them...:

"Soldiers!!!....Knights!!!!.....and Friends too.....there is no exit for us....Maybe all of us will die here today....but if we are here if for anything....if gods let us go here and at this moment is because we have the last oportunity of men to save this dammed world.....we are the only who can do this.....and must be do now!!!.......No gold!!! No treasures!!! Only for an opportunity to our world and our people.......Well, my soldiers!!!....Who wants to save this world? Who wants to be a real hero? Who wants to live for ever?"

........The King died...but the cost was too much expensive.....centuries of heroes fell this day....

/Freak mode off/

Wink
6  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How did you come to play Dark Omen on: February 26, 2009, 11:31:01 AM
When some friends and me discover a game named Battle Master (ancient game of Games-Workshop)...then, we falled in love with it.... We playe some years Warhammer in our town and near cities.

Sometime later I found SOTHR (and DarOmen some years later more) and it was our favorite game for a lot of time (besides C&c, Red Alert, Warcraft 2, Starcraft Cheesy ). We played a lot multiplayer games.

And now....i have 4 armies of Warhammer (2 of fantasy and 2 of 40k) and 2 teams of BloodBowl....and my girlfriend that she support me and my "hobbies" :p

And this is the history of my freak live Wink

Signed: Captain Daviwolfy, Lord of the 4th Null Artillery Regiment Smiley
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 26, 2009, 11:01:20 AM
Yes, it works... really stupid attack i thought, but effective, because all the enemies are less fast than you and can move for all the map activating banner of wrath and launching magic, and using the steamtank like a wall....you put the wizard near steamtank and when mummies charge, you move the steamtank over and destroy them.

The only one problem is that you must kill ALL units of the map, then you will spend a lot of time in this last battle...but finally win Smiley
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 26, 2009, 07:48:01 AM
There is another method Smiley...BruteForce.

Use Steam Tank, a Wizard with the Banner of Wrath and the best 8 units you have.
Especially a great cavalry unit with Runefang (this unit will kill the King).

At start, move the 8 units up to the King. Try to attack with prescindible units to the mummies in the way and charge with all unit you can to King (of course unit of cavalry with RuneFang).

You will kill The King, but all your army will be flee or dead really fastly.

Now you must use the steam tank and of course the wizard moving all the map and killing mummies level 4 with magic and steamtank.

Note: Is is Gobling Campaing, then must survive the shaman. No problem, but if it is original campaign, the cavalry must survive. this is difficul, but possible.

Byer Wink
9  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 24, 2009, 10:24:47 PM
WOW really good job Olly.

I present my curriculum for to be your beta tester ^ ^
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 24, 2009, 04:18:49 PM
Hi all again.

Don't worry friends, i really enjoy a lot playing every day DarkOmen with yours.

Besides there are 9 people in the tournament...one is oversized Tongue

I hope you tell me all about the tournament rounds this satursday and talk after about the change of the rules (if needed).

Thanks again for all.

Good Bye Wink
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 24, 2009, 12:45:27 PM
Hi all.

About the rule of "Not more 3 Archers and no more 3 equals", i think the tournament will be a great form to demostrate if the rules are good.

Respect the tournament Sad....Olly, finally i think i will no can play the tournament...because i will celebrate my birthday this satursday afternon.

I don`t want to disturb anyone, but is it possible to play the tournament on another hour or day?
I can Sunday (all the day), and Satursday moorning or satursday before 4 p.m. GMT +0.

Well, thanks for all Wink
12  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Goblin Campaign on: February 23, 2009, 12:36:00 PM
Well, in defense of Waaaag Magic, the goblin shaman with the magic that give him a lot of hits in combat to an unit is the best way to kill mummies, but in my game i won without this magic Wink (but with a lot of ammount of luck Cheesy).

Really difficult campaing and a pleasure to complete it.
13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 23, 2009, 12:19:00 PM
> Davi, you talk about 2 cavalries with Horn/Banner of Wrath.
> If your cavalry run near me, using his banner... I can touch it with my infantry with the same banner! And my infantry is > cheaper than your cavalry, so i can have more troups, and can lose more men than you. There's the same thing for the > Horn.

Well, i think that all armies need to use items like Banner of Wrath and Horn to be competitive.

You say that is you have infantery with the same banner you win...and i think it is correct, but because you use the banner too. If you don't use it, my 2 cavalry units (pistoliers for example) with this banners are a powerful combination without strategy to win a game.

Conclusion: If all armies needs anything to be competitive then all armies will be competitive too if we forbide this items and use this resources (money) to buy real strategical units.

But only is my opinion Smiley
14  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Goblin Campaign on: February 23, 2009, 11:14:49 AM
Hi.

Well, i have finish the campaing and i can say i have enjoy it a lot.

Final map (Pyramids) really cost to me, but finally Cavalry Pistoliers with Yellow Shield (projectile protecction) and Shaman Goblin with Lighting banner gives me the victory.

I wait for a new campaing....if need a tester count with me Wink
15  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 23, 2009, 10:08:25 AM
Hi all Smiley.

(Sorry if my English is really poor :S).

I think this is a good change. It make the new games more strategy than later.

And i propose a new change.
It is about powerfull items like Horn or Lighting Banner.
I think this items counter the real strategy experience in the game.
For example, 2 calvary unit with this can move arround all the map but without fight and win the game perfectly.
Well, only is a propuse Smiley.

Thanks for all friends Wink

Good Bye.
Pages: [1] 2