May 06, 2024, 09:59:15 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
31  Modifications / Tools / Re: Mesh Viewer on: December 28, 2013, 06:22:56 PM
 Cheesy

Here is the source for the editor.  Not much, but its a start.  Delete that other game project you got a while back, because it has to have the m3d files converted to x files.  Since this loads the m3ds, this is what you want.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21362347/dostupload122813.zip

Made a change to the prj parser so you can spit out both of the height maps in the terr block.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21362347/ParsePRJ122813.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21362347/ParseBtb122813.zip

32  Modifications / Tools / Re: General modding questions on: December 28, 2013, 06:21:33 PM
A few more questions:

Is there an easy way in blender to create and view a bounding sphere for a model?

Using the tools you currently have, if you wanted to create a map with forest sections rgts can move into, do you need to have 2 versions of the map?  Like one with the forests and one without to make 2 separate heightmaps.

Do you need the map pic file ie b101.bmp, or will d o crash if it is not there?

The ATTR block, is it only for the explosion sprites?  Does it affect anything else?
33  Modifications / Tools / Mesh Viewer on: December 26, 2013, 09:36:16 PM
Here is a viewer for the m3d files.  It needs work, but it should be ok for now.  If you load models of vastly different size, sometimes you can't see the new one.  Just close the program and relaunch.  You need dotnet 4.0 and xna 4 redist to run.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21362347/viewer.zip

Here is an early look at my attempt at a scenario tool.  It can't do anything other than import a prj and that's about it.
Hopefully, it wont crash too much.  You need dotnet 4.0 and xna 4 redist to run.  The model viewer on this will only show the model until you load a prj.  when the buffer is resized for the main view, the small one only shows the top left portion of the buffer, so you cant see it.  No texs yet and lotsa fixes to go.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21362347/dost%20test.zip

[attachment=1]
34  Modifications / Tools / Re: PRJ file EXCL block on: December 23, 2013, 09:17:35 PM
Does the altered map render correctly for you in the game?  I must be having problems on my end.

[attachment=1]

[attachment=2]
35  Modifications / Tools / Re: PRJ file EXCL block on: December 23, 2013, 06:18:05 PM
Thanks.  It will help me with the height stuff.
36  Modifications / Tools / Re: PRJ file EXCL block on: December 21, 2013, 10:10:47 PM
Olly, I am rubbish at Blender.  Can you make a couple models for my testing?

Just for troops: a cube, 2 units high, 1 unit wide, .5 unit deep with origin at bottom center

add to b101 just a little on the right side like so

[attachment=1]

Thanks, and if you don't have time, that's ok.
37  Modifications / Tools / Re: PRJ file EXCL block on: December 21, 2013, 09:10:02 PM
I'm getting a weird theory going for the layout.  I am starting to think its layout may be similar to the btb file objective.  Like an id and a couple of flags.  So each item would have 3 integers.  All of the excl blocks are divisible by 3.  Let's see, 1 set for the furniture meshes(they all have 1 submesh as far as I have checked), plus 1 set for each submesh of the base and water(if any).  So far
map  meshw  b f * 3 = total ints in block
101    (1  +   4 + 1)*3=18
102     0        2    1     =9
103     1        3    1     =15
104     0        3    1     =12
105     0        3    1        12
106     2        1    1        12
38  Modifications / Tools / Re: PRJ file EXCL block on: December 21, 2013, 08:56:55 PM
This EXCL block is driving me nuts.  If you change all of its contents to zero, will it crash?

Here is another version of my prj parser, so you can export the excl block, plus fixes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21362347/ParsePRJ122113.zip

Unrelated, here is another version of my btb parser.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21362347/ParseBtb122113.zip

Delete any older versions you may have.

39  Modifications / Tools / Re: General modding questions on: December 19, 2013, 09:19:02 PM
So, you don't really need anything to be able to create and play custom maps?
40  Modifications / Tools / Re: Campaign idea on: December 19, 2013, 06:24:13 PM
Yea, I haven't played MP in a long time, so I  forgot how it went.
41  Modifications / Tools / Campaign idea on: December 16, 2013, 10:00:57 PM
I had an idea for a campaign:

Forms app to connect a host and client-  small map to move tokens around on.  Uses hooks to capture input and look for alt f11
turn based

when a player ends their turn,  the moves are calc'ed and if a battle occurs, the form generates arm files and sends them and the map name to the players

they then launch d o and play mp with the files

At end of game on screen where you can see the results, players hit the combo, and the form takes a screenie.  it then uses ocr to read the dudes left from the screenie and joiner sends res to host.  the form then updates the arm files and the next turn can begin.

just spitballin'.  what do you think?
42  Modifications / Tools / General modding questions on: December 16, 2013, 09:54:04 PM
I am working on getting Rob's c# files to load in my editor, so the models can be loaded as is(.m3d).  I have some general d o questions maybe someone can answer in the meantime.  Assume I am referring to b101.

I am guessing that the m3x file is for culling parts of the terrain.  Is this correct?  Can you delete either the base.m3d or m3x and not crash the game with software processing?

The terrain block heights are two sets of data.  Does anyone know why the sets are different?  Since the first set does not show the river at the top, I am guessing the first dataset is for sight, and the second is for rgt height. 

Using the command line tool from this site, can you remove or replace units from either arm file without it crashing?

Assuming you renamed the arm file in the btb header, can you swap arm files from a different map?

Are the aud and are files the same as the arm file?

What is the trac block in the prj file for?  Is it a path for the camera?

Is the furn.lst file necessary?

Thx
43  Modifications / Tools / PRJ file EXCL block on: December 16, 2013, 08:32:49 PM
I just came across a major error in my work.  For the first time, I tried loading a different map than b101, and it turns out I'm loading the EXCL block wrong.  Is there anyone that can help explain it?

[attachment=1]

Oh, and pic of the day.

[attachment=2]

Hacked around it, but would still like to know how to do it right.

[attachment=3]

[attachment=4]

44  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Programs to make sprites on: December 14, 2013, 08:28:06 PM
Olly, have you figured out how to get Fragmo to generate the sprites?
45  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Programs to make sprites on: November 23, 2013, 07:34:01 PM
Please only share it with the core members of your site.  Dont forget you need the full xna framework to build it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4