May 02, 2024, 11:21:59 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:02 PM
Aqrit states "To play 3D-mode on Win7/Win8 hex-edit the english version of EngRel.Exe, write 0x00 at file offset: 0x000BD0A8  

Just incase here are my unmodified NVidia settings for Black Edition Titan on Win8.1 (4930k i7 processor)

(Try manually disabling the Vertical Sync perhaps)

Or you could just download a premade one from my goody bag post above ->

http://www.mediafire.com/download/17j7dcb1k4adi7z/DOGR3dArmyFix.zip

Smiley

Thank u my friend...you are indeed awesome... working good thank god I found you..LOL
Bckh4
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: July 22, 2014, 06:36:26 PM
Something seems to be wrong with the flipping chain...

In 3D mode every other frame is blank.
On win8 it looks like every other frame has the wrong color-depth.
Alt+Tab'ing away and coming back ( on the main menu ) causes Flip() to start failing with a "ran out of memory" result.

I assume the back buffer has a z-buffer attached, is set as the rendering target of d3d, etc.

To get 3D-mode working we can just change the Flip() call to a Blt()
Which costs vsync and still has issues when alt+tabbing away

The lazy man's way of not having a flipping chain is to enable the "debug" windowed mode.
Windowed mode can not have the primary surface as part of a flipping chain.
( so it will use Blt instead of Flip )

To play 3D-mode on Win7 in windowed mode... ( with no ForceDirectDrawEmulation of course )
hex-edit the english version of EngRel.Exe, write 0x00 at file offset: 0x000BD0A8
Set the desktop to 16-bit color.

Enable the "Run in 640 x 480 Screen Resolution" on the compatibility tab to have a fullscreen window.

On Win8:
Windowed mode fixes CPU-mode for me ( if it isn't run as admin )
Win8 also has an option to reduce the display to 16-bit color on the compatibility tab

Hi Agrit...
Could you please show the exact way to type in the commands using the hex editor...maybe an example...
I have been trying to get D.O. to work on my Asus gaming laptop (nvidia 740) for three days on Windows 8.1 with no luck...
No matter what I try I'm still getting graphics tearing and flicker after I pick campaign in the game menu
Any help would be appreciated..bckh4 I tried all the registry fixes no luck
Pages: [1]