April 27, 2024, 05:36:22 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's being worked on at the moment?  (Read 59951 times)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 03:33:53 PM »

The empty map would be a good test, please mail me it! Tnx mate! Smiley

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »

Still no answers in the ogre board to an interesting question, sounds familiar to me Smiley

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 06:46:30 PM »

Any luck with those Tutorial Map Textures I sent you, Mikademus?

Smiley

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:59:16 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 07:10:38 PM »

Yeah, big thanks! I have just now (30 minutes ago) isolated the problem! When you load geometry you create a "Mesh" object. Any Mesh is always attached to an Entity, and consists of sub-meshes, one for each material used. What isn't explained is that every SubMesh is in turn associated with an automatically created SubEntity. When asking for the Mesh of an Entity that consists of many sub-objects, the first SubEntity is implicitly returned but in a way that appears to be the top object. And the ray-checking code only checks the Entity. So it will only intersect with the first material! I hope this sounds fucked up, because it is totally bizarre that no-one has documented this or replied in my help request threads!  Angry Friggin' absurd I should have to spend weeks figuring this out by myself!

I am now looking into how to get around this. I wish the OGRE community would be more helpful... Sad

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »

One week since my last post. I am still working on the same bloody problem. I am so fed up with the OGRE community, they are the bloody worst I've ever come across! The only questions you'll get an answer to are total n00b ones, like "what are manual objects", to which some wannabie can safely reply "it is in the docs". Any more difficult question will never be answered. I just want to WAAAAAGH!-rush them!

So I have to solve this manually in other ways, which means mathematics. And I'm not terrible good at it, so it is slow going.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 08:42:27 PM »

you are my heroe mika, you are..

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »

and our Saviour,

Our hearts go out to you- and we share your pain/frustration.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »

Wow. Three weeks it took! Now the problem is solved. A friendly guy from another forum I hang out at helped me, and I managed to solve it. The OGRE code was buggy, and no-one at the OGRE community helped me whatsoever, so I am little pissed with them right now. I actually got one answer, basically saying "it was a difficult problem, so nobody want to help".

Anyway, now that that is taken care of I can get back on track. Expect more regular updates again. Also, expect me in the channel again, since I have intentionally stayed away so as not to get sidetracked or vent my frustration on you guys!

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2010, 06:52:04 PM »

Anyway, now that that is taken care of I can get back on track. Expect more regular updates again. Also, expect me in the channel again, since I have intentionally stayed away so as not to get sidetracked or vent my frustration on you guys!
haha you are such a gentleman

ito maquiesves
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 12:07:53 AM »

Glad to hear you're back on track and look forward to seeing you in the Channel and more developments to WARTBED

Smiley

Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »

Thanks mate Smiley I want to push by this traverse, then things will get rolling again.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:13 AM »

any update? :-)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 03:53:34 PM »

I'm working together with some guys on what will hopefully be a commercial project atm. However, all code I write with the intention of using it in WARTBED so when things happen, a lot will come at once.

I was pretty burned out a while ago when working at WB since first of all I worked at a maniacal pace, and secondly when I ran into a problem with OGRE nobody helped me or believed me when I identified a bug in OGRE, which I then had to solve for myself. It took a month to do so, and wass all kinds of frustrating hell. And when I finally solved it nobody thanked me. So yeah, that sapped so much motivation. I'm still bitter about it...

Nonetheless, I appreciate you asking because that increases the likelihood of a release sooner rather than later Wink

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »

Smiley i will always wait for you, always, yours.

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »

Thanks Brapus, I honesty admire and appreciate all you guys' patience! Currently I'm down with a cold and no voice and am thinking quite a bit about what tools could be made to help Olly's current efforts!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: