April 28, 2024, 01:52:26 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vista Fix Please :(  (Read 3858 times)
tom779977
Troll

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2009, 09:30:17 PM »

Hey everyone,

I downloaded a copy online of this game (paid 6 bucks for it) and I have a Vista operating system. It doesn't matter how many times I put the d3drm.dll folder in the correct file or reinstall, the game simply will not run.

Vista states the game didn't install correctly and won't let me launch it. Is there any known fix other than what I already know (putting the .dll file into the PRG_ENG file?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I miss this game so much Sad
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »

Sound like the install failed. Could you try reinstalling the game (and select full install)?

tom779977
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »

Well here is what I have done. The file I got came in a zip. I unzip it and it unloads into the following files.

GAMEDATA
GRAPHICS
PRG_ENG
SAVEGAME
SOUND
TEMP
ENGREL.exe
IP.CFG
SETUP
SETUP
SMALL

Each time I unzip I put the .dll file into the PRG_ENG file but I am unable to launch the game after that. I found another post that said it might be a registry error, so I double clicked on the setup app and it gave me a temp file which updated the registry. After this I still have no luck. If I move the .dll file out into the general file with ENGREL.exe, then I no longer get the .dll error, but instead it tells me that the game did not install correctly.

Am I doing something wrong as far as installation? Is there an app I am missing that will launch an install wizard? Thanks Sad
tom779977
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »

Oh also, I bought my copy online so I can't insert a CD for an installation prompt. How can I get the installation prompt without the CD?
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 11:13:53 PM »

Looks like you got a really crap version of Dark Omen if you have no real setup.exe (should be an install shield wizard)

tom779977
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 12:28:35 AM »

Yeah... Kind of the conclusion that I came to. If I run setup.exe it doesn't give me an install prompt... So I guess I am screwed until I find a CD. Gah. I hate waiting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: