March 29, 2024, 11:21:32 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Skaven and Undead Campaign Mod by Cuthalion Keeps crashing on Great Forest 9.  (Read 1442 times)
Final Fantasy Fan
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2022, 05:43:48 PM »

Hey guys!

So i have been playing tons of warhammer games lately from new to old, while doing so either recording or live
streaming them.

So i beat Sothr and WHDO like a million times, so i decided to give the mode packs from this place a go.
I decided to start with the first Mod. Undead and Skaven made by Cuthalion.

This mod pack is great, its hard but doable. i was making my way through some tough battles when i came to the level.
Great Forest 9. Right after you meer Urblat.

Here whenever u select your unit and decide to go into battle the game just crashes. It closes down and throws you out in the desktop area of your pc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2H--m75R6A

This is a video of my livestream and u can see it happen near the end 4:36:00 around this time.

I havent run into any of these problems beside the every now and then rare crash like once every 3 hours or so but seeing as its a old game very heavily modded im cool with stuff like that.

My Question is did anyone else encounter this? and is there a way to fix this issue?

Hope to hear from you guys!

Best Regards

Darrell de Jager
Final Fantay Fan (YT)

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 06:14:54 PM »

Hi Darrell,

I was enjoying watching your live stream earlier today and you're a good player. I will test the mod and see but can you message me your game save files please from this folder location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\Mods\01) Undead and Skaven\SaveGame

Also can we check if you have the best graphics options set for dgvoodoo2 (not related to the crash but just ensuring it looks its best for streaming) Smiley

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Final Fantasy Fan
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 06:29:04 PM »

Hey olly,

Yeah i saw you during my stream, thanks for the praise Cheesy

I uploaded them into mega upload so u can download them.

https://mega.nz/file/e6phHa5L#TBbgM4_ARbdEOxvNUCYuI_xQae0B75qeOOJ5cNX1q4M
https://mega.nz/file/myI3xLQQ#OSCPfmm72Bw9s-0559yr7qtOLFx34KzoV8jLHcRd8Ic

I choose the two with the latest date, these should be the ones.

Thanks for the quick response.

As for the settings they should already be set to the best possible settings. i did everything from the guide.
its very rarely that it happens, i wonder if these two problems are related.

Best regards.

Darrell
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 06:45:51 PM »

I always start checking by removing dgvoodoo2 and setting the in-game options to CPU with Black & White cursor, to test if its 3d related which it seems to be, as it loaded successfully. Nothing to do with dgvoodoo2 but more a banner or sprite that isn't quite suitable for 3d mode and needs tweaking, as some of these early mods were before we would run 3d mode.

* DO cpu mode Darrel.jpg (1847.53 KB. 2560x1437 - viewed 186 times.)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 04:08:50 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Final Fantasy Fan
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 06:57:14 PM »

Hey olly,

After changing the settings to CPU instead of 3D it would work as normal.
Thanks a bunch for the quick solution.

Did a near 5 hour stream today so prob will continue again tommorow but i did
confirm its working now awesome!

Did u complete all the mod campaigns yourself?
So far the game has been quite a bit harder but never unbeatable i love it.

i did get the feeling especially on this campaign that the range of siege units is a lot lower.
are the units made from the OG Grudgebringer units or made from scratch with there own stats etc?

Maybe its just me haha.

Ill do a little more streaming later.

Either Warhammer Epic 40K Final Liberation
or
Blood Bowl 2. Neiher of which i have much experience in haha.

Eitherhow thanks alot for the help and hope to see you around more!

Off to spread the word of Sigmar!

Best Regards,

Darrell
Aka Final Fantasy Fan (YT)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 07:47:27 PM »

The issue is with an enemy sprite on the next map that requires adjusting its animation frames size, as currently exceeds the 3d mode frame size limit. Since it was created in the early days of CPU mode which has a larger frame size. So will import its animation frames into a known working sprite.

Smiley

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 09:12:50 PM by olly » Logged

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 11:38:23 PM »

Just as a short term fix, you can copy and rename

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\Mods\Dark Omen 2\Graphics\Sprites\097DarkElfHydra.spr

to replace

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\Mods\01) Undead and Skaven\Graphics\Sprites\055WarHydra.spr

So rename 055WarHydra.spr to 055WarHydraOrig.spr and then copy in 097DarkElfHydra.spr from the Dark Omen 2 mod and paste it into the 01) Undead and Skaven mod graphics /sprites folder and rename it to 055WarHydra.spr

I also noticed that you had the Bandits 3d portrait head for Eshin instead of my Skaven head, so please check that you are restarting the game each time you switch mods, or that you have the latest mod pack 2020 from the help section. Apologies if you are, as I've been retesting and some of the other Skaven also use the Bandits' 3d Heads in this early mod. So hopefully I will one day have time to apply any newer Skaven heads in retrospectively.

* DO Skaven Darrel.jpg (1036.31 KB. 2560x1440 - viewed 194 times.)

I enquired about your dgVoodoo settings (version 2.6.3 as later versions don't apply the settings) as the talking heads on my cutscenes look better. So try turning off the dgVoodoo Watermark from its setting to test if its making the changes successfully. Also check if its saving its file path into your App Data or Dark Omen PRG_ENG folder. The mod pack EngRel.exe has the 3d fix already applied and the watermark, so check you are using the dgVoodooCpl control panel within C:\Program Files (x86)\Dark Omen\PRG_ENG to make the game look even better in a higher resolution. Sometimes my McAfee antivirus will quarantine it despite being excluded. I can also remote if you like to check via TeamViewer.

* DO Skaven Darrel b.jpg (780.41 KB. 2560x1440 - viewed 185 times.)

* DgVoodoo2.63.1.jpg (324.28 KB. 1364x1168 - viewed 182 times.)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 01:25:01 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: