September 25, 2020, 04:31:25 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! CD missing error  (Read 137 times)
WitchFinder
Troll

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2020, 01:31:05 PM »

Hi guys! Thanks for all the amazing support and guidance on here. But I'm still a bit stuck and hoping you can help...

Having found my old CD of WHDO I have fully installed onto my machine and followed your mod instructions. I've had various issues along the way, which seem quite common - eg freezing at loading movie, double vision etc.

I've now got it to a point where i can skip the loading video without it freezing and can get to the main menu. But when i click 'start campaign' the game brings up a pop up that says the CD can't be found. It asks for confirmation of disc drive (which has the disc in) but doesn't do anything when I click the OK arrow.

Please help!! Feel so close and yet so far... Sad
I played this game when it first came out with my non-gamer father, and would be delighted to revisit this with him all these years later!

By the way, I can currently only launch the game using the original ENGrel file, as the new one available via this site doesn't launch for me - i get an error about out of date graphic drivers...

I've looked in the reg editor to see if i can redirect from the disc drive to the C drive, but can't see anywhere that allows me to do this...
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 05:58:30 PM »

Hi and welcome,

You will really need to use the mod pack EngRel.exe and its .dlls fixes to run on Windows 10, did you try the Registry fixes? It's probably easier for me to remote in using Teamviewer, to diagnose why it states out of date display drivers. Unless you want to try dgvoodoo2 3d settings in the help fix guide. Please also state what graphics card you have, is it an Intel HD?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 08:35:04 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
WitchFinder
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 10:11:42 PM »

Maybe I’ve done something wrong with the dlls? Do they need to be moved anywhere or opened?

I’ve tried the reg fix and checked in reg editor that all the links go to c drive. (I wondered if that’s why it can’t find the disc?)

I’ve tried a few variations in EngRel settings (compatibility mode etc and using original vs new one) and had mixed results.

With one setting the campaign started but terrain was all black. Then I had lots of crashes on intro video. Now I’ve got round that but it says it can’t find the disc...

Hi and welcome,

You will really need to use the mod pack EngRel.exe and its .dlls fixes to run on Windows 10, did you try the Registry fixes? It's probably easier for me to remote in using Teamviewer, to diagnose why it states out of date display drivers. Unless you want to try dgvoodoo2 3d settings in the help fix guide. Please also state what graphics card you have, is it an Intel HD?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 11:28:34 PM »

Just easier for me to remote in and check all the steps have been followed. Message me a suitable time and what make is your graphics card and have you tried the dgvoodoo2?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:37:01 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: