April 30, 2024, 09:28:31 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Freezing and crashing on tab  (Read 633 times)
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2023, 06:29:58 PM »

Hey all! Just getting back into this to play the campaign again, but after setting everything up (had a hell of of time getting it to show properly on my 34 inch ultrawide), I can't seem to tab out the game without it freezing and crashing. Whether it's in normal or window mode... suggestions? I tried finding the answer on the forum, but no luck. I might have missed it.

Thanks Smiley
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 06:52:03 PM »

Hi and welcome back but no alt tabbing available. Pausing the game and using Alt and Space Bar, combined with dgvoodoo2 settings, allows you to minimise and restore but mouse is still bound to the game.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 07:22:10 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 08:12:45 PM »

Cool thanks. Problem I am having now is... I thought I had the screen set, but now it either goes full screen and mega stretched, or it stays as a tiny box either in the top left corner or in the middle of the screen. the settings provided in the youtube video don't seem to help .
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 08:18:10 PM »

Haha okay so I figured that out... but the alt spacebar doesn't minimize for me. Is it a specific setting in dgvoodoo2?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 09:07:14 PM »

Just a windows context menu

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 10:31:38 AM »

Not sure I follow. What I mean is, the function you said about window minimization doesn't happen for me when I hit alt + space bar. Is that the right command or am I missing something?

Thanks!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 12:30:11 PM »

Alt Tabbing doesn't work, so doesn't matter if you can't Alt & Space bar. I retested loads of different combinations before replying to your original post but the mouse won't move on the other tabs like on Chrome etc, since it is locked into the game.

bennymcl
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 09:04:37 PM »

For some reason, I just can't get this to work. I've played the game and I can kind of get it to work on SOME settings, but for some reason it is stretching out like this and the cursor doesn't work. I know that I had all the options set properly from the main guide and then when I installed the voodoo app and used that, the settings got reset (as you can see in my video) and then I can't click them at all... no idea what's going on, but it's quite frustrating.

Sorry for causing such a disturbance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vDKkZyUwpIgahD7aC1MltLbEq1wo-Ken/view?usp=sharing
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 12:05:13 AM »

You're probably using the latest version of dgvoodoo2, instead of version 2.6.3 perhaps.

I can't see what your file path is dgvoodoo2 config but try storing it within the Dark Omen folder.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 10:38:05 AM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: