May 17, 2024, 04:22:44 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament MAY 2010  (Read 42903 times)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 07:59:41 PM »

Confirm - Is there a d/l for freeomen yet?

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
olor
Night Goblin Archer

The one who can say - Hi Im back again.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 09:06:41 PM »

(Dunno if I have to but i kinda 'confirm')
So eh, link to the FO which we will be using please? Tongue
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 09:50:07 PM »

i ll send you links by PM guys.

Confirm - Is there a d/l for freeomen yet?

Fair Omen, not Free Omen!   was funny comment Smiley
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »

i have confirmed you Olor but i know its not 100%, as soon as you know plz let me know, even if its on the day, i will add you in the egg bowl and which group you end in will just be one short if you cant make it

I appreciate that you really want to try to join us

All have confirmed thank you all, i shall make the egg dance friday, but i wont use my lubed glove this time  Wink
Fixture list will also be up friday

We are "only" 8 but we shall make it a fun day and more game efficient. So everyone make armies the day before plz so we dont have to wait.

All players also please install Game Ranger and Hamachi so we are covered best. Some players have flickering with GR so both are to be available and the 2 combatants can pick which to use in the individual battles. 

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »

To Fix Dark Omen Flickering on GameRanger, I Alt tab and even press the windows Start key to minimise and return to Desktop and then I have to click back onto Dark Omen and the flicker disappers. On my Laptop I may even have to do this twice, so if the Tournament proves this correct, then I will add it to the Fix Guides.

Smiley

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:54:55 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
olor
Night Goblin Archer

The one who can say - Hi Im back again.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2010, 11:34:56 AM »

Aww, cross me out, my classmates wanna me to play Counterstrike tourney with them :p
(good luck)
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »

So. Clearly this is well after the deadline... And clearly none of you have a clue who I am, but I'm going to express interest in joining in. I know for a fact I'm not doing anything for the entrity of tommrow, and although I confess my only multiplayer experience of Dark Omen has been traditional LAN games with a variety of ex-girlfriends, I've been playing Dark Omen, (and indeed, Warhammer Fantasy) for quiet some years now... (And Shadow of the Horned Rat. Smiley )

All I'd need to know is exactly which version of the game to use, whatever rules and restrictions are in place, and what time to be where Via Missouri time.

Goodluck to all regardless.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 07:49:33 PM »

Welcome Cid

We would love to have you join our tournament. Ive added you in the Draw as Olor has just had to pull out.

We start 5 GMT0 (London time) so just count to your GMT-5 or -6 for your time in Missouri

Jeronimo if you could please link here which version of FO to play and its 9k FO just so theres no confusion

Here we go no gloves
MAY2010.MPGLQ | by Aeva
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:59:53 PM by Flak » Logged

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »

Six hours off GMT makes it 11 AM. Should have no problems with that. A link to the right version would be great, and I'll work up a nine k list this evening. Can someone make doubly sure I know all the rules etc? I've no desire to be burnt at the stake for being 'Unfair' or 'Cheesy' or to make some ridicious army everyone's unhappy with. I tend to be a little oddball at times with that sort of thing. I'll keep an eye out here for the rest of the day, although I'm going out for a few hours later. Thanks!
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »

Everyone got a PM with the link to Fair Omen.

@CIdHalsey: Concerning to RULES, I hope this is enough clear for you.

Armybuilds:There are several rulesets/systems, each one has its features.
This month we will use Fair Omen (won by votation), and its armybuild edition is free... you will read at Document that says "total freedom". The balance in ruleset is preety good for allowing anything, regiments and items resized/repriced.

Battlefield rules: Its not entertaining to fight under certain rules, since the heat of battle, makes you more to think in gaming instead of a ruleset's rules. In this community we are playing with just a slogan DONT PLAY LAME.

LAME means abusing certain tactics to win a battle:
1) "Hit & Run": attacking and going back/turn around a obstacle all time... with fast ranged regiments or Wizards +WINGS.
2) "Camp & Fire": shooting with mortars from a corner and never move ur army, just steady all time waiting enemy to show up.

As I wrote, abusing is what we are agaisnt, doesnt mean you cant do them for a while Smiley
For now I dont remember anything else that shouldnt be abused (for the FUN SAKE)

My Document has explained how to react when smth called "Wizard BUG" happens, and about Draw Battles.

NOTE: We dont save armies.. all continued battles are with fresh armies of 9k.. Endurance style doesnt fit much for Tournaments, we already tried once (2009 September Tournament)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:55:16 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 12:21:29 AM »

Rodger that. Anything goes at 9k, but don't be a dick about it, and have a sense of style. Shouldn't be a problem. Smiley
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2010, 02:19:42 AM »

*doubleposts - Isn't sure if that's frowned on here*
Further note, have successfully added Fairomen. Belive I have successfully added the Mappack, and have now joined Hamachi Channel 'Dark Omen 4.'
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2010, 04:33:02 AM »

hi there cid! iam Jeronimo`s brother, i wanna say yo welcome and to join my hamachi network ID: itlerion PASS: 123 Smiley for later gmes during th emonth or what ever, remember to make a FULL bback up of dark omen folder, i mean all of them because there are mod that change units grapchis too Smiley thank to god, in dark omen you only have to copy paste to change things hahaha, ok see you in the tournament

ito maquiesves
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2010, 06:20:13 AM »

Added. And I'm lazy about backups. I just keep all the changes I make backuped, and then uninstall and reinstall when required. The joys of having the orginal CD.

(On a side note, I have the Orginal Shadow of the horned Rat CD too, but had to illegally download it from the Internet to make it work. How messed up is that?)

Anyway, to be pointedly back on topic before I earn my first ban, I've doodled up an experiemental basic, and varied list for the Torny tommrow. If it matters, I snagged Undead, (because I'm sick to death of Grudgebringers, and the Greenskin list isn't varied enough for my tastes). 8950 gold. (Couldn't find a way to spend the last 50.) Hamatchi seems to be working, enough to at least converse. I'm mildly worried about connecting successfully to play games though. I was tinkering with Close Combat Invasion normandy on another machine a while ago, and I never got that to work, so bear with me tommrow if I need technical know how from those who've made this work before. (Running Windows Vista, 32 bit, max installation of Fair Omen from a home network.)
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 10:31:53 AM »

Should be a Good Tournament today and can all players please be familar with the Multiplayer Fix Guide. I will also be available to help but remember Patience and testing step by step is the key to success!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-multiplayer-connection-fixes-t110.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: