May 04, 2024, 01:37:19 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 133527 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »

to Egypt Smiley

dont like militia cause it mainly feeds enemy army. it might be usable to double attack or double defend as i initially planned to (and this might help with balancing capitol maps), but as a single force is only able to kill some few really pathetic destroyed regiments (like if nitrox will loose battle and grail and stay with x3 ghouls and wants to take depot)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:10 PM »

I cant take control of Alavets armies. Maybe Nitrox can?

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2009, 01:25:22 PM »

I cant take control of Alavets armies. Maybe Nitrox can?

I leave this decision for Alavet and game moderator, Flak.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »

It will demand rather alot of time to command so many armies, it has to be one of you 2 who commands.
If you are ready for it Nitrox then i see no problem in it

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »

For me, no problem.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2009, 10:44:33 AM »

RULE ADDITION

To simplify the debate about who can move where and when, and because we now have a high level of activity, the order of moves will be decided by an Initiative Roll of 1d100.

So now the move order will decide who gets to attack who first and who gets to escape battles.
When an unmoved army is attack and if it wins it can make its move. But if fast army move out of a territory the same time as a slower army enters then there is no battle.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:18:45 AM by Flak » Logged

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »

So if I move quick enough, I can walk over the whole map without getting attacked, cause I'm faster and will always flee?

I really liked the old version:

attacks => moves => attack of the surviving armies => moves of the surviving armies

So if A attacks B and B attacks C, then A moves first to B and attack, if B survives it moves and attacks C, if C survive it moves.

Or did I understand the new rule wrong?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2009, 05:11:43 PM »

>>>if A attacks B and B attacks C, then A moves first to B and attack, if B survives it moves and attacks C, if C survive it moves.

i think thats correct. the another rule should be about moving through allied territory, since player with better initiative shouldnt get bonuses there...

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »

to Egypt Smiley

ah I forgot to say: I hope you will send us all a postcard Tongue

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »

This is a strange rule Flak.
It's a good idea to dice who has to write his move orders first so players can't simply wait just for all other moves before they decide to move.
But I don't like it that there is now move priority. The one with most luck has then huge advantage.
Example:
Alavets (1) moves from 2-5-G to 3-3-I
(alavet has a higher number then me)
Ghabry (3) moves from 2-4-G to 2-5-G
I miss alavets (1) and have to fight a miliz to get the Depot, right?

In old rules I would block alavet (1) with my attack and when alavet wins he can move on Cholios Capitol and has one more troop to attack it.

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2009, 11:26:49 AM »

i see your point ghabry, that is not ideal to be able to make a running invasion if a player is lucky enough

I like the move order roll aswell to keep player moving. The simultaneous moves are better no doubt this opens too much to luck, but we also need some kinda rule that will allow an army to retreat however the army must then get a disadvantage for retreating so it doesnt become costum.

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2009, 01:20:21 PM »

but we also need some kinda rule that will allow an army to retreat however the army must then get a disadvantage for retreating so it doesnt become costum.

If you move on your own land and do not attack any other land, you will have advantage in moving, like Nitrox had, when I attacked him. I really don't see a problem here...

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »

yeah so this idea being good in theory is bad in reality

rule abolished! all movers go ahead

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »

Old move rules with an update

Movement orders are posted and made official before the deadline, if a player fails to move any armies before the deadline then they will hold their ground. All moves are simultaneous. If 2 armies are both attacking towards eachother a counter-attack will be the result (look below). If an army is moving along a border either to attack an army or to move away and is attacked before it can finish its move then the army will have to fight the attacker before it can complete its move. If 2 armies are in the same territory in the same move round then they will engage in battle.
Retreat is also possible, an army that is not making an attack move and is attacked before it can complete a move, is able to retreat from the advancing army. A retreat order will have to be declared and the army can retreat altho not without cost. To secure its safe retreat the army has to leave behind a rearguard to be sure they are not being pursued. The retreating army is forced to sell 1 regiment and may not restore this regiment until after it has been in battle again.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2009, 09:03:35 AM »

Sipax was last active on 30 September 2009, 17:02:36. So its possible that he has no interest in Dark Omen anymore (or his PC is broken Wink).

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: