May 18, 2024, 06:51:57 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 134042 times)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »

also my friend advices me a very nice rule when we were discussing conquest. he advices to make a rule: IF THERE IS GOING TO BE ALLY VICTORY, IT SHOULD BE ONLY 2 PLAYERS ALLOWED TO BE IN ALLY AS A WINNERS.
so it will kep game more dynamic and prevent of forming too strong aliances (like 4 vs 2 etc)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2009, 10:46:58 PM »

i will make the changes to drow

the rules already allows only 2 player to allied victory, so that i dont need to change Wink

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »

and here is the new full update with new updated drow and last times change to empire

* conquest33.zip (10.71 KB - downloaded 296 times.)

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2009, 10:56:58 AM »

do you mean Empire Changesas there:
Empire
Halbardiers +1IN, +1LD, +1 Shield
Greatswords +1IN, +1 Shield
Knights +1LD
New Unit, Kemperbad Militia. 170gc, weak infantry.

or somethign else?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »

Flak, you dorgot to delete "archer" type from the assassins. They have no bows, but still will not pursue the enemy in melee. Im doesnt tested that, but i watched in the wh32editor - he will not lie.  Grin

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »

yes that alavet
i might have forgotten to change the type, but your the only drow, so sipax if you are able to change that for yourself then thats cool

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2009, 03:59:26 PM »

after our battles with bembe (where i lost only 1 mage in 2 whole battles) we decided to test mercs in fights with Gharby. the problem with them that they dont have any real "special" unit, like elven archers/fanatics/flagellants/trolls/mummies/grail/whatever.  hovewer they're good in range - deadly canons& x-men workign great on flat maps.

hovewer tests showed that they flee too much easy. empire has flagellants, allied has "hate greenskins"" (so i guess its less possibility for them to flee agaisnt greeenskins), but mercs have no good meele unit which wouldnt flee after 1 attack of spider.

i propose to increase ST, WS, AT (1 of it by yoru choice) and LS+1 for ogres. also need small buff of swordmen or new unit as a medium infantry (prefferably). not big changes, as you see, but our tests with Gharby showed it should be enough.

sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »

Think adding AT to basic infantry is madness.

- -
- -
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2009, 04:23:03 PM »

Yes we made some tests (first two against bembe then three against alavet)
I used his Merc armies and had my problems against goblins. First time I was just rushed on drakenhof castle Cheesy and in mousillion it was a "draw" (disconnect). These battles showed that the Mercenaries have a balancing problem.

In the one against alavet I played first with goblins, then vampires, then Alliance.
With goblins I had no real chance because of the bad archer range. His Crossbows and cannons just shot me down Wink.
Against undead the grail changed the result but I have to say: The cannons of Mercenaries are great. They killed the whole grail regiment...
And with Alliance he killed me by using "crying head spell" and his cannons -.-

So all in all the Cannons are the best units of the Mercenary (by protecting th ecannons with all other regiments so they survive until the end). But there is still a balancing problem: All other Regiment retreat quite easy (leadership 7. Thats Nothing Alliance has 8 and 9. The only thing they can do against Monsters is: RUN RUN RUN!!!). Without using cannons (like bembe does ^^) they are just crap because they can't really kill anything. So I would say that they should become a bit stronger.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »

i meant adding either AT WS or ST for ogres + LS for them. not a big buff since they're only 3 in regiment and not much superior unit by itself

p.s. bt check their stats:

they're so much suk. mayeb boost of +2 ws will be better if u choose it. or ST+WS i nthat case (if u dont liek increasing AT).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 04:52:20 PM by alavet » Logged

sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2009, 04:49:54 PM »

AT is very good statistic, dont think it can be compared with ST & WP anyway.

- -
- -
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »

i guess making ogres the special unit for mercs is the best solution, maybe they should get fear or immune to fear

Kikk
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »

Don't Ogres already provoke fear by default?
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2009, 11:05:36 AM »

No, ogres havnt got this ability.
Only units who has this "psychology" ability cause fear.

- -
- -
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »

Btw giving Ogres Immune to fear would make them more suitable against Undead then e.g. Treemans (which are in Alliance).
Treemans always retreat after a few seconds and then die Wink... 1200gc wasted *g* (but against all other units they are great).

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: