May 04, 2024, 01:13:30 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room  (Read 133526 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »

i never had trouble with treemen fleeing vs undead, i used 2 treemen to kill the grails last game or atleast 1 treemen while under fire from bowmen to kill the grails faster

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »

So will there be any changes this turn?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2009, 06:24:43 PM »

i never had trouble with treemen fleeing vs undead, i used 2 treemen to kill the grails last game or atleast 1 treemen while under fire from bowmen to kill the grails faster
You had Dice luck Wink

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »

maybe but i would never have an allied army without 2 treemen, last gamed showed me that, i didnt use them at first, but after my capitol was in danger and i started to use them, i lost very few battles.

Yes bembe there is some changes to mercenaries

Swordmen +1 IN, +1 troop, +1 shield (like empire infantry)
Cavalry +1 LD (like empire)
Pistoleers +1 LD
Ogres +1 LD, +1 troop, +cause fear

* Mercenary Nation.zip (0.76 KB - downloaded 317 times.)

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »

i am contemplating a fix for skeletons, all other basic units have been given an improvement, skeletons now fall even further behind, as WHF can witness they die in swarms even against other basic units.

I dont know about vampires but necromancers suffer greatly from lack of ranged units aswell, maybe the UUs for undead needs to be reconsidered, maybe let the undead get ranged units as UU. Such as balista or scull for necro and bows for vampire

this is a big change and prolly wont be taken into effect until next game

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2009, 10:32:34 PM »

Yes bembe there is some changes to mercenaries

Swordmen +1 IN, +1 troop, +1 shield (like empire infantry)
Cavalry +1 LD (like empire)
Pistoleers +1 LD
Ogres +1 LD, +1 troop, +cause fear

Thanks, am I allowed to replace existing armies with the new one?

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 10:34:07 PM »

indeed you are

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2009, 08:09:26 AM »

we actualy made like 5 or 6 tests yesterday with sipax while i was using previous mercs army (unmodifed) vs his drows, and they drow sucked badly. he won like 2 times or so, mainly on some maps which were too tight or he had really big hordes. ogres seems prety toughness for some reasons (or drows too weak? LOL), in the end of last game i nailed them with my 2 canons and 2 x-men regiments and only 1 ogre died after two rounds of shooting (even tho canon splashed near them, not pushed through them).

still we don't propose that changes shouldnt be used but just keep that in mind. w/o changes mercs might suffer from other strong armies like goblins or perhars vampires, and this shows how hard is to balance anything
also not urgent, but important note for mercs:
they need icnrease cost for cannons (like now it only costs 350 or so, need to icnrease for 450-500 at least)
also ogres with new abilities also should be higher in cost a little.

as for drows, now sipax totally dissapointed in assasins, and prefer to use cavalry instead of them. i see a problem there. my thoughts is to allow them Assasin as UU with terror skill (like grail) but w/o possibility having skrabash in that case maybe..

as for necro army i think giving vampire a bow would be disaster, since he is not that unit which you want having bow at all. he never should stay at the same place and one of his advantage is a speed & spells, adding bow to him will only prevent him from pursue enemy and doesnt really give any big extra value to him imo.

as for skellies i feel that they need some increase like maybe adding up WS or perhars MS?

btw, is there any way to modifty sprite of arrow or type of ballista? i wish to see some deadfull canomn which shooting with fire shells. should be awesome and fits for necros greatly.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:16:01 AM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »

yes to balance all is not near possible we do agree, each nation does have its strengths and weakness's, sipax you may want to ask WHF's advice in getting the most out of drow army building, WHF had a good run last game with them.
Its no secret that its their great numbers and immune to fear that is their strength.

assassins can like vampires not fight alone, but as they cause fear they are good if supported by infantry or cavalry

i spose that a slight increase in cost would be ok, the reason i didnt increase ogres is that they already cost more that trolls and less than treemen

undead tho gain very little advantage on capitol maps as the idea is, capitol maps may just as well hamper undead changes to win because they lack defensive capabilities and when its the point to give an advantage.

there may be a way to change sprites but way over my level

bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2009, 09:48:45 PM »

I will be away for the next ~2days but I think, that I will have no fights, so it shouldn't matter...

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »

NEW RULE ADDITION

We have been using a counter-attack idea for a while ive now added it to the Game Book

Counter Attack

If an army is attacked before it has had a chance to move then it is no longer locked in battle as it will give a fast mover an unfair advantage. The defending army can counter-attack if it wins the battle and move into the enemy land. I will be marked by a yellow territory behind the attacker and the counter-attacking army will be placed on the border between the 2 territories.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »

i will be on vacation for 1,5 week since 05th of October and will be unable to play. Is it possible to give my armies to the temporary command for Sipax or anyone else?

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2009, 08:58:23 PM »

Where do you go? Smiley

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2009, 11:13:09 AM »

yes where are you going mr?

I can kinda tell the militia rule is not popular, thats a shame i think.
So ive made a new addition to the militia rule and added some more possibilities to the militia armies.
Ive added half-mages, they are mages with no spell book but they have 2 spells one of them being dispel magic, the other is a lvl 3 spell, different to all mages even those that use the same mage.
The half-mage cost's 350gc and may only be used in militia armies. I need to do a wee test before i can fully implement this but i think it will work.

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »

Well I like my militia army Wink

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: